• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2013 Anime Thread Zero: grown men playing with dolls/who but WB Masochism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait there were official summary/descriptions that I totally missed on the first page? BRB gonna read those and update my watch list

Haha time for lists!

Looking forward to
Silver Spoon
Free!
Gatchaman Crowds
Genshiken

Watching but not exactly excited
Watamote
TWGOK S3

Watching and hating myself for it
Kimi no RAGE Machi
Monogatari

Rayearth

Neo Member
About Precure...

If I never watched any of the series before, should I start with the first to get the best experience, or is one of the later seasons better in such a way that I should start with that?

About Precure...

If I never watched any of the series before, should I start with the first to get the best experience, or is one of the later seasons better in such a way that I should start with that?

Just watch heartcatch and smile.

They are stand alone stories anyways.

Kurita

MangaGAF's walls of shame > AnimeGAF's ( ̄へ ̄)

1386c4134b556e427a9938b46e8c35307209d21f.jpg
9bp.jpg

cnet128

Banned
About Precure...

I advocate starting with the first, but that's because I'm obsessive like that.

Splash Star would also be an excellent starting point, since it's like the first but better.

Starting with series after Splash Star is no fun, since then you don't get to experience the authentic two-girls formula that started it all before it became full-on magical girl sentai.

Since they're all standalone, though, the canonical answer is "start wherever the heck you like". With the exception of Max Heart and GoGo because they're actual sequels. (Heartcatch is generally considered to be the best, but I haven't watched it yet myself so I can't vouch for that.)

Jex

I may never have actually got around to writing my review for Nobita's Dinosaur (2006) but I can at least bring you dinosaur action:

animation2akeoi.gif

animation4f7i3x.gif

animation52hiyi.gif

animation6xdejl.gif

cajunator

Banned
Sorry, was watching Sherlock. We're back in business. :p

Yeaaaaaaah lets do this!!

so Fate/Prism Shit is delayed or is it still on?

Summer gonna be monogatari and Silver Spoon then, not bad.

It seems so. Kinda was looking forward to it.

The worst part is Cajun does all that posting while doing his full time job.

heehee. My job is kind of unique in the way it works, the time I have off, and what I can do during it and still get a lot done.

It's how he stays sane.

I have no problem with cajun's posting, since so much of that is consolidated into giant multi-quotes now.

It has to be. Lately I have been dealing with some serious matters and falling behind. Its possible that Kirbyguy will top it eventually. This thread does do a lot to keep me sane and happy though.

Jex

MangaGAF's walls of shame > AnimeGAF's ( ̄へ ̄)

1386c4134b556e427a9938b46e8c35307209d21f.jpg
9bp.jpg

Unfortunately we run through too many threads to spend that kind of time on our walls of shame.

Also, that looks like effort. Can't be having with that.

In other news, I was thinking of using this as a backlog season, but there are a few shows I might at least try. The new Fate among them. Not sure that I expect it to be good or anything.

I've been catching up little by little on Hidamari Sketch...now about three episodes in to Hoshimitsu. Love this show...manages to put a smile on my face even on the crappiest of days.

Okay I guess I'll update after reading the descriptions

Excited for

Blood Lad
Danganronpa
Senyu S2
Silver Spoon
Not Popular
Gatchaman Crowds

Will check out

Devils and Realist
The Sunday Without God
Fantasista Doll
Rozen Maiden
Garden Of Sinners ***

Still hate watching

A Town Where You Rage Live

Question about Garden of Sinners, would I just be better off checking out the movies or would the new series be a better starting spot for someone who's never heard or seen anything in this series before?

Tenumi

Banned
I have a feeling I'm never going to have a season where I watch nothing new. I told myself nothing looked interesting for the summer season and now I'm going to watching what, like 5 series now?

I have a feeling I'm never going to have a season where I watch nothing new. I told myself nothing looked interesting for the summer season and now I'm going to watching what, like 5 series now?

I still need to finish the Spring shows I was watching!

This is not what I call minimalist:

However, that Wall of Shame was also a lie, so I guess it doesn't count. (Also it looks like the Wall of Shame has been removed from it now?)

I was only referring to the Wall of Shame specifically. The rest of the OP is an entirely different matter. Haven't even made it through reading the whole thing yet.

Question about Garden of Sinners, would I just be better off checking out the movies or would the new series be a better starting spot for someone who's never heard or seen anything in this series before?

You'd be better off checking out the movies, since the TV edit will focus on the least interesting part of them, Shiki and Kokuto's relationship. I'd actually advise to just watch the third and fifth films; the fifth film in particular is very good, while the first, second, and fourth films are mediocre to bad.

cnet128

Banned
I was only referring to the Wall of Shame specifically. The rest of the OP is an entirely different matter. Haven't even made it through reading the whole thing yet.

Well, in the original version of that GIF, the Wall of Shame was included in the animation. But it seems to have been removed now, as though it was never there at all.

You're acting like you think he had to do anything other than paste in the new text and push "Render"

I think the translation probably took at least some effort. And he nailed the style to perfection, far better than those Bleach knockoffs from the Manga Thread.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
195 posts? I never even reached 100 before. I blame Kirbyguy for bringing Fire Emblem in the thread.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I don't understand why I always end up so high on the wall of shame because I don't even feel like I post that much.

You'd be better off checking out the movies, since the TV edit will focus on the least interesting part of them, Shiki and Kokuto's relationship. I'd actually advise to just watch the third and fifth films; the fifth film in particular is very good, while the first, second, and fourth films are mediocre to bad.

Sounds good to me, will check out the films then

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
About Precure...

HeartCatch and Smile are the two you should start with first.

how do yall survive the summer heat? Don't think the AC is working well in my room, and 3 monitors and a pc really does raise room temp :S

1 window fan and 1 swervy fan.

hmmmm....

Tenumi

Banned
I don't understand why I always end up so high on the wall of shame because I don't even feel like I post that much.

The fact that I'm breaking 100 posts per thread is a mystery to me. I've never posted this much on any message board in my life.

HeartCatch and Smile are the two you should start with first.

I may not be the best source of advice since those are the only ones I've finished, but I agree with this.

I am so sad Yuyushiki is ending today... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom