• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So I just made an watch bet with Phoenix as he wanted to get me to watch Girls und Panzar, and I honestly haven't heard anything about it so I didn't know whether it was good or bad. I ended giving him Baccano! an obviously great anime. Did I just screw myself over AnimeGAF? Phoenix I swear if this is bad I got something truly horrible up my sleeve for the next one.

It's legitimately good once you acclimate yourself to its eccentricities.
He can read my long post instead.

Wonderful post, my eyes glazed over by the third paragraph, just like how I fell asleep halfway through Aldnoah 1.

Very avant-garde animereview.

Jex

Space Dandy 15

iV7knhULSLpyy.png

+

iZ9gmnsudxPRB.jpg

+

iGLzjgBeKW05d.jpg

That may be accurate, but you neglect to mention that it's kind of mess that never comes together. I think if it had been a little more focused it would have been pretty great.

cajunator

Banned
Okay I'm gonna give this a shot but I don't expect much.

I'm looking for something like Allison & Lillia/ The Pilot's Love Song/ The Princess And The Pilot, stuff that have a heavy focus on airplanes + the sea + exploration, is there anything else like that?

Last Exile

So I just made an watch bet with Phoenix as he wanted to get me to watch Girls und Panzar, and I honestly haven't heard anything about it so I didn't know whether it was good or bad. I ended giving him Baccano! an obviously great anime. Did I just screw myself over AnimeGAF? Phoenix I swear if this is bad I got something truly horrible up my sleeve for the next one.

You got lucky

Superflat

You need to give Pheonix a hug. GuP is pretty awesome.

Jex

I don't get this. You both get to watch good shows? What's the point in that!

Chariot

Man you really need to see Gintama. Rie's role as Kagura is probably her best one, like seriously no lie. Especially since most of her roles are tsundere it's like a miracle how Kagura isn't annoying. In fact she's great and awesome probably has to due with the source material though.
I know, I know. A friend tries since 2 years to bring me to the show. I actually watched a couple of episodes, mostly relative serious arcs, but I feel so helpless against this massive stack of episodes. :(

Haha what is there not to like about Miki? They haven't developed her character much yet, but she's been pretty funny and cute so far from what I've seen.
That the correct thinking, god job Huggy!

They werent the top posters.
I'm doing my best to get into the top posters, senpai!!

Tokyo Esp 2

Rushing through the intro to get to the good stuff is fine by me. Still, if this episode was any indication, I don't really trust Xebec to handle the "good stuff" :/
What intro? Do you mean the weird flashforward to the finale that took 1,2 episodes? I am still stumbled, that they made it so long. It felt forced to bring the Ga-Rei characters in.

tokyo 9/11 2

the exposition dump was pretty well handled but the notion that there was no-one on the police force that could work out the riddle in time seems really unlikely. but then again so is a buncha terrorist teenagers from something that sounds like that facility in 7 seeds.

whatevs, will for that ballin detective and the utterly perfect op & ed
I actually tried to google the riddle with the new combination to make a point. But you can't find the 2-4-3. Even if you give the exact words, every result is 4-2-3. Plus, if you know the answer to that famous one, you maybe just assume that the terrorists made a mistake or the police just forgot. They didn't have endless time, they knew the terrorists weren't all talk. So I say it's simpel a lack of specific knowledge, what I can't really blame the police for.

Will be interesting to see, how things changes when Breadmaster get's in a position of power.
GuP is awesome. You're avatar will hugging a tank before you know it.

Dresden

I'm willing to forgive many things, and I knew going in that aldnoah would be a dumb show, but what I cannot forgive are best girls dying.

And best girls will die.

Or be marginalized, which is even worse, because they stick around as these totemic reminders of the unfairness inherent in anime, and life.

e: also the only show I'm really satisfied with this season is Nozaki-kun. Worried about Terror, feels like a wasted effort, talent adorning schlock. I guess we'll always have SAO2.

Branduil

You would think that remaking Gundam so many times, they would eventually get better at it, but nope.

At least Valvrave had the sense to roll with its preposterousness.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
So basically we got punked with the prerelease promotional art that had all of the spunky military girls, right?

7mV3SzCl.jpg

Urobutchi is no longer capable of writing anything genuinely surprising in-show so he's taken to deceiving prospective viewers about what's even going to be in the show in the first place. sasuga

Jex

I'm willing to forgive many things, and I knew going in that aldnoah would be a dumb show, but what I cannot forgive are best girls dying.

And best girls will die.

Or be marginalized, which is even worse, because they stick around as these totemic reminders of the unfairness inherent in anime, and life.

e: also the only show I'm really satisfied with this season is Nozaki-kun. Worried about Terror, feels like a wasted effort, talent adorning schlock. I guess we'll always have SAO2.
So do you actually have a real problem with anything you've seen in Terror yet or is that just your general feeling based off of the material and where it's probably heading?

Branduil

So basically we got punked with the prerelease promotional art that had all of the spunky military girls, right?

7mV3SzCl.jpg

Urobutchi is no longer capable of writing anything genuinely surprising in-show so he's taken to deceiving prospective viewers about what's even going to be in the show in the first place. sasuga

I have a fear that Urobuchi is well on the path to becoming the anime M. Night Shyamalan, only it's anime so that means he'll always be treated as a writing god no matter how bad his stories become.

Dresden

They - or at least one of them - will show up in episode 3, so it's possible that they'll play a more prominent role once Kira Yamato gets his own special robot. Who knows.

Also are these actual track listings are you fucking kidding me

1. No differences
2. AZPV
3. A-0picturez
4. MKAlieZ
5.2 14zero91 zero zero
6. A Z-Kat
7. Sad scene
8. AD2014-7.5/7.9- zero · A
. 9 AL ℃ - @
10. The Call to Arms
11. 61yard ten
12. FIRE ★
13. R B zero zero T
14. SiTE-n0w1
15. Al-door0
16. Ver $
17. A -17's step
18. Ch19 wo FIRE ★
19. AcyOrt
20. BRE @ TH / / LESS

CorvoSol

You would think that remaking Gundam so many times, they would eventually get better at it, but nope.

At least Valvrave had the sense to roll with its preposterousness.

But it worked so well with Gundam SEED! I mean surely we can hit the pay load again!

Thank goodness Valvrave went bananas.

School Days 03

I have nothing interesting to say about this episode. It was just really boring. I almost fell asleep several times.

The close ups of girls' assets is getting really tiring. Anime, why you do this?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I have a fear that Urobuchi is well on the path to becoming the anime M. Night Shyamalan, only it's anime so that means he'll always be treated as a writing god no matter how bad his stories become.

You know that it's already too late. Just his name is essentially a meme at this point.

Tokusatsu fans are loving Kamen Rider Gaim, but as the live action counterpart to Precure fandom I suspect that they may just be glad to have any kind of writing in their show whatsoever.

It looks like an assortment of ripper handles on Isohunt ca. 2005.

Jex

A troubling willingness to abandon plausibility for Story Purposes.

Fair enough. What is and what isn't plausibility obviously rests with the viewer so I have no intention to argue for Terror in this instance. I will say that, as a thriller about teenager terrorists, I never imagined it would be particularly plausible, but then again I don't quite get why Watanabe is making this show at all. I just know that he's making it extremely well.

Pooya

They - or at least one of them - will show up in episode 3, so it's possible that they'll play a more prominent role once Kira Yamato gets his own special robot. Who knows.

Yeah, it's his way of admitting he's hax0rz. Play sad scene mp3 here now.

Thanks to A-0picturez for giving him all the works.

Branduil

I just assume Sawano writes all of his track titles while drunk.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
To cut him a little slack, I think coming up with track titles would become incredibly tedious over time for television composers.

Sawano already finds coming up with new tracks to be tedious so the titles themselves are the least of his concerns.

LOL

I think even Yuki Kajiura would be embarrassed by his self-plagiarism.
Damn it, I was about to bring up Yuki Kajiura. :p Watching Fate/Zero reminded me of how bored I have become with her music. If they are siblings or went to school together I wouldn't be surprised at all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
LOL

I think even Yuki Kajiura would be embarrassed by his self-plagiarism.

And yet neither, as bad as both are, are in the same league as Yasuharu Takanashi.

Who would have ever expected that the CG wouldn't even be the worst thing about Usagi's transformation in Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom