• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
So I watched SAO II ep 3. As expected, pacing issues. I assure you the LN suffers from the same bullshit, though to a lesser extent.

Its finally gotten to a point where the LN is actually better than the anime.

When Sword Art Online III comes out in 2016 you'll find yourself starting to like it instead. And you'll be horrified, and no one will be able to help you snap out of it. :(

That's
Alicerization arc. It's actually gonna be awesome since its beginnings are more like SAO, a new world is explained, we have less timeskips, not a lot of waifus and kirito actually has to learn something. He's still pretty OP though.

School Days 4

This ends horribly for someone or a group of people doesn't it?

Sekai is just asking for it at this point. She is officially best girl so far. Helpful to the cause but also willing and able. ;)

Actually the end of this episode made me feel sad for her. Damn it School Days your a freakin comedy. Your not supposed to make me feel things...

School Days is a comedy? I've been doing it wrong all this time.

For the complete experience, you must watch nice boat too.

Mature

Space Dandy - 16
Yuasa masterclass. Also, Meow being a hero. What an incredible episode filled to the brim with everything that makes Dandy excellent.

And the Ohira cut...

Quasar

Well, School Days is about 80% boredom, 5% headshaking and 15% hilarity.
It's like one single joke, needing almost a whole series to build up for the punchline.

Seems more like watching a trainwreck in slow motion more than a joke to me. Though I'm only going on second hand info as I got bored and gave up long before the collision. Definitely dodged a bullet there.

Chariot

Seems more like watching a trainwreck in slow motion more than a joke to me. Though I'm only going on second hand info as I got bored and gave up long before the collision. Definitely dodged a bullet there.
You should see the last episode just because. I promise you, it's hillarious. I would link the last scenes, but I don't want to temp the guys who are puking on the ride.

Chariot

Err, so should I be watching School Days?
Should? No.
But if you want to amuse AnimeGAF you can. School Days is not an essential, but a rather well known anime with some special properties that make it slighty relevant in some discussions. It won't hurt, but you will feel kinda dumb while doing it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
School Days is Shakespearean tragedy, not a comedy.

Granted, it's still not that good of a show, but boy does it have impact.

fertygo

Barakamon - 02

The fujoshi part is fantastic, especially the flashback.. this type of character always entertaining and the music man lol

iH0upbilLmjA1.jpg
iWmfZhza0mIme.jpg

The more serious part also okay, seem like they have more balanced chapter to spread so its fix the issue in eps 2.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It (apparently) exploits PTSD. How is that not hate worthy? Then again, bad depictions of PTSD and mental illness in general are a dime a dozen.
Season 1 was basically hero dude saving a girl from being raped. :p

I was this way once but with a different show, a show I rated a 4 on MAL after I first watched it. I've since bumped it up a few times as I slowly realized the error of my ways. It grew on me ways I thought unimaginable and realized how dismissive I was of the work that was put into it. What show you ask?

Infinite Stratos

(I think it's at a 7 or 8 rating now.)
I think you mean 11/10 of course.

That'd be the point I start hating it.
I want to see how toilets evolve in this universe.

Err, so should I be watching School Days?
Yes, it is art.

Vylash

Happiness Charge Precure 19

iG1E2oMrsnspg.gif
i0PcL0Uaf0TCF.gif

Hikawa completely wrecking Hime's shit both in the soccer match and during the battle was so amazing, she seems more aggressive in her Precure form than the others, mostly vicious hand to hand combat from her, she even punches her special attack to launch it because why not. Even after the match she only asks Megumi and Yuuko to be her friends and not Hime. Based on the preview it looks like we'll finally get to find out what the hell happened between Hime and Fortune, thank goodness, I welcome the drama.

Chariot

I was this way once but with a different show, a show I rated a 4 on MAL after I first watched it. I've since bumped it up a few times as I slowly realized the error of my ways. It grew on me ways I thought unimaginable and realized how dismissive I was of the work that was put into it. What show you ask?

Infinite Stratos

(I think it's at a 7 or 8 rating now.)
Well, if you ignorie Ichika you have Charu and Laura. Those are three points each at least!

Oh no School Days is a comedy. A sadistic comedy but a comedy nonetheless. After watching the last episode I am sure of this.
Yeah, in my mind I believe that even the niceboat thing is just part of a metagag they planned and is enhanced by the last scene of the show.

School Days 5

Like.... I don't know if I should give this guy the highest of fives or punch him in the face. Maybe a bit of both.

Like What in the actual Fuck!

It's like watching a train wreak about to start and as it's starting in slow motion. Your horrified by what is happening but strangely you can't look away and you want to see the fallout of what just happened.

I feel like this is one twisted sadistic joke (with jokes interlaced throughout the show). So yes this is a sadistic comedy!

Chariot

School Days 5

Like.... I do to know if I should give this guy the highest of fives or punch him in the face. Maybe a bit of both.

Like What in the actual Fuck!

It's like watching a train wreak about to start and as it's starting in slow motion. Your horrified by what is happening but strangely you can't look away and you want to see the fallout of what just happened.

I feel like this is one twisted sadistic joke (with jokes interlaced throughout the show). So yes this is a sadistic comedy!
Your not even there yet. I gonna enjoy your meltdown at the end of the show.

Mushibugyo 1-4

Hmm... An anime about a group of samurai that kill giant bugs. Don't know if I'd be into it if the tone was more serious, but there seems to be plenty of humor to go around, too.

Revolutionary Girl Utena 1-5

Oh my god, how have I never watched this series? It's a lot more enjoyable than I was expecting. And holy shit, I think almost everyone in this show is damaged in some way.
LOL at the student council president banging Miki's sister in the music room during episode 5.

Pooya

the story is very derivative, plot 'twists' telegraphed ages before and it's an endless grind in the most terrible dungeon ever. the game mechanics half baked, p4 is like they actually finished the game they wanted to make.

yeah I think 3 isn't worth wasting 70h of your life on, you could do a lot better right now. playing it in 2006 wasn't bad, there were some novelty to it now it's just a bad anime with bad gameplay.

fertygo

I don't know why we still recommending School Days when we can tell them to watch Code Geass, bigger lol twist and not technically inept like SD..

School Days 10

zXUzAqL.png

Clean up Isle 4, bring a mop!

The whole cast in this anime are all just such wonderful people. It's a wonder such a wholesome anime like this exists. Makoto continues to impress with his responsible personality. Not only does he help his girlfriend clean up the trash left behind at the end of the festival but he also cleans up two other girls' acts while he is at it. You do us great honour with your actions Makoto! Keep up the good work!

Kotonoha continues to try to please her man and finally makes the effort to go all the way. No one is taking Makoto away from her no matter what! What a faithful girlfriend, you should be lucky to have her Makoto!

Class rep-san and middle school friend both are in dire need of Makoto's help as mentioned above. Thankful he is able and willing to give it to them. Only through his guidance do they see their erroneous ways. Makoto-sama, what would we do without your shining moral conscious.

jXyVwxP.png

My face by the end of this episode. Tasukete!

Stulaw

Dude, animation in SD looks like anime FMV for PS1!

School Days makes people angry, and for good reason as well, and at the end of it, I didn't even know what I was feeling, I think many people would feel the same mixed emotions as I did, it's been 5 years since I watched it, it's very impressionable.

So yes, it's fun to watch meltdowns is the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom