• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurky

If I watch a harem I prefer there to be no clear winner when it starts.

When you have crap like Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo when one girl is so clearly going to win it takes all the enjoyment out of it because it just becomes about watching the other girl or girls fall over themselves.
It makes thing worse when you realize that some of them (especially manga) will go to like 100-200 chapters or episodes.
Yeah sometimes its REALLY aggravating. Especially when you get very invested in a series and you could see the perfect way to end it, but the story does something that diminishes the effect or emotion.

It truly is awful. The perfect ending is just right there for them to use and they just do the complete opposite!

duckroll

Haikyu - Episode 12-13

iIERSMv.jpg

I really like the tone and pace of the show, but I'm glad I'm not really watching it every week. With most matches taking up more than one episode, it feels much better to save up and watch them in a stretch instead. The Nekoma guys are really fun rivals and definitely adds much more flavor to the show. Hinata's continued optimistic and motivation is pretty infectious too.

The biggest complaint about the show so far after 13 episodes is that the female manager really feels like a totally wasted token female background character who serves no purpose other than eye candy and something for the other characters to talk about. Pretty disappointing given how the show has no issues fleshing out any of the other characters.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new OP/ED, which should be this weekend. :)

dan2026

One day Rurouni Kenshin will get the anime adaption it deserves.

And on that day the sun will die, the planet will freeze and no one will get to see it anyway.

It makes thing worse when you realize that some of them (especially manga) will go to like 100-200 chapters or episodes.
Exactly.

The most recent harem resolution I felt satisfied with recently was The World God Only Knows because I honestly didn't have a clue if he would even pick a girl or not.

Lurky

Never seen it :').
That sounds like a lie! And if it isn't then you need to watch it immediately.
Exactly.

The most recent harem resolution I felt satisfied with recently was The World God Only Knows because I honestly didn't have a clue if he would even pick a girl or not.

Honestly, I didn't like that end either. I liked pretty much every single other person and he chose the one that I didn't think was interesting or pretty.

Thoraxes

My PS4 is in a box right now, but how does the PS4 app compare to the superior PS3 app now?

I'm rewatching Gundam Wing right now :|
I think it works great. After extended use it sometimes has a memory leak or something and the app needs to be restarted (not sure if that's fixed now) but it's easy to use and fast to boot. Seems you can't take screenshots in the app anymore since the update though. Plus for someone like me who mostly watches at night, watching with my headphones plugged into the controller while I sit away from my TV is nice.

Honestly, I didn't like that end either. I liked pretty much every single other person and he chose the one that I didn't think was interesting or pretty.
I kinda thought maybe that was the point. She didn't have any real strong suits. That maybe he chose her partly because he knew her so long and partly because she was unique in her averageness compared to the other girl who all excelled in something.

Lurky

I kinda thought maybe that was the point. She didn't have any real strong suits. That maybe he chose her partly because he knew her so long and partly because she was unique in her averageness compared to the other girl who all excelled in something.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Then afterwards I thought "fuck this author."

Yeah that's what I thought too. Then afterwards I thought "fuck this author."
During that time travel arc where that one girl rips the devils apart with her bare hands and there's that panel when she's covered in their blood and holding one of their heads was when I realized the shark had been completely jumped and I said "fuck this author" and I was only reading this to finish and see who won.

Lurky

During that time travel arc where that one girl rips the devils apart with her bare hands and there's that panel when she's covered in their blood and holding one of their heads was when I realized the shark had been completely jumped and I said "fuck this author" and I was only reading this to finish and see who won.

I knew it the moment they started a time travel arc.

Defuser

Ahhhhh....Summer.... finally time to get the bad taste of spring season out of my mouth.

Black Bullet ep 13 END
Whats with all the cliche stuff and cliche lines being done to death so many times. Now this first time I've seen a show where so many lolis get killed,beatened, maimed,being forced to suicide. The guy writing this really loves to be brutal,a anti loli show.

Kingdom 2 Episode 39 (end)

Just about as stronger or even stronger than the first season was. The various tasks assigned to the Feixin unit after the season one events and their rise to the top with thousand man general Xin were always quite epic.
sure this time he may not have taken out someone truly great and ferocious but his major victory was stunning especially in their second run in, I think he improved greatly in mounted combat if the final win is anything to go by

Politcal events, strategy, the soundtrack, and really impressive angles chosen for action scenes keep me hooked. Hoping for an s3 eventually. More sketchbook and D Date please.

cajunator

Banned
Ahhhhh....Summer.... finally time to get the bad taste of spring season out of my mouth.

Black Bullet ep 13 END
Whats with all the cliche stuff and cliche lines being done to death so many times. Now this first time I've seen a show where so many lolis get killed,beatened, maimed,being forced to suicide. The guy writing this really loves to be brutal,a anti loli show.

He's clearly had quite enough of lolis.

Black Bullet Episode 13 (End)

Pretty terrible ending episode for a rather bland anime overall. Only good part was the OP and ED music and Yuki Kaji. Couldn't get into the plot and just couldn't care for most characters as it just caused so much deaths at the start that it lost all meaning.

THe world itself is interesting with towers and gastrea. 6/10.

Ah a new anime thread. One more thread to not be #1 in.

IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOU.

THERE'S NOTHING THAT A 100 WAIFUS OR MORE COULD EVER DO.

I PRAISE THE SUMMER OF ANIMU. IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME FOR THESE SHOWS TO GET GOOD. OOH OOH. OOH ooh.

After spending countless threads away from the Anime OT without reading it consistently, I think I'm ready to start chilling here again.

Summer season hyyyyyype.

Yowapeda 38 (s1 end)

Can we just have more T2 next season, I really dont want to see them always stay in a sidelines cheering type mode the whole time. Though if s2 is really only interhigh again, I cant imagine the story would be just as good.

Im glad the anime introduced me to Toudou he was amazing throughout and having one of my favorite voices made it even better, especially when hed pose and such.

Im Ready (Autribe and Dirty Old Men) is best song and Yowamushi na Honoo too.

Lurky

Ah a new anime thread. One more thread to not be #1 in.

IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO DRAG ME AWAY FROM YOU.

THERE'S NOTHING THAT A 100 WAIFUS OR MORE COULD EVER DO.

I PRAISE THE SUMMER OF ANIMU. IT'S GONNA TAKE SOME TIME FOR THESE SHOWS TO GET GOOD. OOH OOH. OOH ooh.

Dammit now Toto is stuck in my head.

Hachitora

Oh great, SAO2. I really hope that they don't screw up Asuna's character again. I haven't read the light novels, so I have no idea whether or not she's written well there. May just watch it for guns and lightsabers rather than actual story.

Chariot

Kingdom 2 Episode 39 (end)

Just about as stronger or even stronger than the first season was. The various tasks assigned to the Feixin unit after the season one events and their rise to the top with thousand man general Xin were always quite epic.
sure this time he may not have taken out someone truly great and ferocious but his major victory was stunning especially in their second run in, I think he improved greatly in mounted combat if the final win is anything to go by

Politcal events, strategy, the soundtrack, and really impressive angles chosen for action scenes keep me hooked. Hoping for an s3 eventually. More sketchbook and D Date please.
They should have enough material for one more. The next bigger arc will take a whole season just myitself. Can't wait to see it animated, especialy since the anime added more Qiang Li shipping than the manga had.

Naruto Shippuden Season 12 Episode 367 – Hashirama and Madara
Brna62vCQAAL7PK.png

Hashimada episode was amazing, hit all the right notes for the two and their close friendship even the added portions like the rock climbing or the water jutsu showing how close they became enhanced the great story Kishimoto made.

New ED doesnt even suggest were in the wartimes though nice Sasuke.

Quasar

So Sony is abandoning their SmartTV service completely? I mean I never use it but that's not very nice of them.

I don't know about that, but it looked like all the high-end 2015 (all the 4k sets and some of the 2k sets) will be using AndroidTV as their OS. I guess all the cheap entry level sets will continue to use whatever Smart TV OS Sony made up themselves.

Hopefully everyone that isn't Samsung follows suit. Every brand trying to build their own shoddy app platform was stupid.

They should have enough material for one more. The next bigger arc will take a whole season just myitself. Can't wait to see it animated, especialy since the anime added more Qiang Li shipping than the manga had.

I hope it happens soon too, because some plot stuff just being started like Li Mu and whatever meeting it is and the people taking up the left and right seats and whatever other plot is continuing with those associated with the Lady Dowanger is still just unresolved in the anime.
also was shocked we got a pregnancy in this anime, what even, I thought that was just his servant friend, he never showed any romantic feelings towards her like xin

Andrew J.

OP image needs a webring.

Anyway, summer watchlist:

Aldnoah Zero - Looks more conventional than Gargantia, but you should never expect the same-old same-old from Urobuchi.

Argevollen - Seems completely generic, but my compulsion to watch any new giant robot show that doesn't look like complete shit is strong.

Prisma Illya 2wei! - I bet you this will have the best sakuga of any magical girl show this season.

Sailor Moon Crystal - CG be damned, I'm still hyped.

Space Dandy S2 - I watch everything that's on Toonami which I haven't seen before, but I'd have gone out of my way for more Dandy.

Yama no Susume S2 - Mountain moe~

I'm a bit less hyped for Not Mecha Game of Thrones Zero now that I know Urobuchi isn't doing the writing. And I don't know how serious fire hawk was in saying that it's written by boku no pico.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom