• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I hope it happens soon too, because some plot stuff just being started like Li Mu and whatever meeting it is and the people taking up the left and right seats and whatever other plot is continuing with those associated with the Lady Dowanger is still just unresolved in the anime.
also was shocked we got a pregnancy in this anime, what even, I thought that was just his servant friend, he never showed any romantic feelings towards her like xin
I don't think that he has big romantic feelings towards her, but he is the king and as such responsible for succssors. He likes the girl for her pure personality and jusz decided that if he had to make some children he would make them with her. She was obviously found of him and not his riches and power.
I won't tell you anything about what happens next, just that it is absolutely amazing.

Theonik

Either Patrick Malley gets one flyer for every 'retweet' he got or there is going to be a riot! :-D

And seeing all this Mr. Yoshinari... being a studio's lead animator we must see him involved on EVERYTHING they do, it is absolutely necessary!

Inferno Cop S2 with Yoshinari.

It's obviously from a manga. The black/white should've given it away!

Any season with Ping Pong in it cannot possibly be shit.

It looked cgi ish kind of like Sidonia. It certainly was surprising lol

I've only seen Stay Night and Saber was a boring character. Rin was better.

cajunator

Banned
Not a single post in the last season cos it was so shit.

Hope this one is better.

LAst season was a lott of fun with several great shows. How was it shit?

She was the oblivious waifu. Zero saber is great. I hope that since they're making the new fsn anime a sequel to fz that they'll keep saber the same. Aka don't give her romance. That's stupid.

Its based on the source material though which can only be adapted in a a certain way if its accurate at all.

not in the wall of shame, I'm finally free!

chaika 3

The pacing of this show feels like an endless shounen... but its only 13 eps? hmmm... nothing really to hate, but nothing really stands out. sister is best waifu.

Dynedom

Fuck Puchimas. And not in the literal sense.

Them's fightin' words!

tumblr_n45qpwaE0z1s2s76zo1_500.gif

jgminto

I'd give Puchimas a shot over any other idol show. I'm still not going to though. I like my idol show statistics at a cool zero.

cajunator

Banned
The little girl with Berserker that loved the mc? she has her own show?

Yeah Prisma Illya. About to get its second season ^^

not in the wall of shame, I'm finally free!

chaika 3

The pacing of this show feels like an endless shounen... but its only 13 eps? hmmm... nothing really to hate, but nothing really stands out. sister is best waifu.

Chaika is pretty enjoyable but I would agree it didnt particularly stand out except for the pleasantly cute design of the characters.

Jarmel

Banned
Didn't have a chance to comment on this yesterday but Jexhius, no way is Eureka 7 'better' than Cowboy Bebop. I'm a big fan of the show but it's just too inconsistent. I would say that there are certainly a number of shows with 'higher highs' than CB, the thing though is that CB is just very consistent while most shows fluctuate.

phaze

One day Rurouni Kenshin will get the anime adaption it deserves.

And on that day the sun will die, the planet will freeze and no one will get to see it anyway.

So the current one is bad ? Or just not worthy of the manga ? I've been (slowly) getting my teeth in it.

Naruto Shippuden 367

Well great job Hashi, great job. -_- New ED is bland, the earlier one was much better.

cajunator

Banned
Didn't have a chance to comment on this yesterday but Jexhius, no way is Eureka 7 'better' than Cowboy Bebop. I'm a big fan of the show but it's just too inconsistent. I would say that there are certainly a number of shows with 'higher highs' than CB, the thing though is that CB is just very consistent while most shows fluctuate.

Its all subjective anyway. It depends on what "better" means to you. I would personally put something like Planetes and Welcome to the NHK above it in terms of my personal enjoyment for example, though it certainly ranks highly in enjoyment factor.
I caught the show as it came to the US in DVD form so relatively early on. It was definitely a phenomenon.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd give Puchimas a shot over any other idol show. I'm still not going to though. I like my idol show statistics at a cool zero.

It's not really an idol show. It's a show that stars idols in the background. The most they reference idol stuff is joke photoshoots which is usually just to explain why they are somewhere that is not the office.

Though you'd probably appreciate it more if you watched iDOLM@STER which is an idol show, but it's pretty watchable even without prior knowledge and since it focuses more on the Puchis they are explained as the show goes on.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 89

Yurika gets the best songs, and is still one of the best of all the girls, even including those that appeared in the second season. It's been so long since she's had an episode all to herself that this was a great way to start off the new season. I'm not seeing much Capricorn about her dress, but it looks exactly like what I'd expect something both rare and from the Gothic set to look like. The rose wings are a nice touch. The main story about Yurika bonding with a fan and using her dorky past as a bonding point was cute, and her commercial was cute as well. Most of the constellations are assembled now, and there's not many characters left who could claim the last one. I think it might be Sakura, but I'm not sure. The show's almost certainly building up to a big performance with all 12.

lol illya ova randomly had a really well 2D animated dance for some reason.

also yeah it's a show that isn't shy about putting elementary school girls in lewd positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom