• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.
It think they keep it short and interesting, tho.

jbxnmAAMcpiTLn.png

Subhuman europaen here :(

huh. it's available for me here in Ireland

use Hola unblocker on Chrome or Firefox and set the region to US, Ireland or UK etc.

I'm sure you can find a way

that goes for everybody

you need to watch Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you haven't.

and read the manga.

Midonin

Magimoji Rurumo 03

This is a lot more innocent and melancholic than I expected based on the first episode. Rurumo's not fully emotionless like an Ikaros type, but she's clearly got some issues beneath that cute face. The magical girl showdown started off funny with all the loopholes ("Floating"), but quickly went desperate. It's a cute, enjoyable little show overall.

And for brown
cat
girl fans, next week looks fun.

cajunator

Banned
Magimoji Rurumo 03

This is a lot more innocent and melancholic than I expected based on the first episode. Rurumo's not fully emotionless like an Ikaros type, but she's clearly got some issues beneath that cute face. The magical girl showdown started off funny with all the loopholes ("Floating"), but quickly went desperate. It's a cute, enjoyable little show overall.

And for brown
cat
girl fans, next week looks fun.

b-brown catg-girls?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Chariot

But this time you only have ONE "Sorry" message instead of two!
It's ... something, I guess ;__;

use Hola unblocker on Chrome or Firefox and set the region to US, Ireland or UK etc.

I'm sure you can find a way

that goes for everybody

you need to watch Dusk Maiden of Amnesia if you haven't.

and read the manga.

Its time to lrn2VPN

Install Hola Unblocker
I did get Hola, but it didn't work for me. I tried USA, Ireland and UK, I always just the same. Dunno, If I have missed something.

Best couple

ibqC6wLkwueJsG.png

Why the new anime are so shit :(
*nod nod*

srry. Madrame is basically poop tier and deserves to be alone. Sue x Madrame is what's being pushed anyways.
Why do you have so much hate in your chest?
Chariot's okay list and first time showing of the cajun scale is wasted on all of you!
I think this is a extension of waifu wars. Only with whole couples. Weird, but interesting. Maybe I should make a new version with more explanations and more disclaimers what I mean with what word.

Lain

Black Bullet 11-13

If that wasn't obvious at this point rentarou doesn't know what to do.
This will be even more obvious in the next eps.

After episode 13 I can only conclude that Rentarou is a grade A moron. Kisara did the right thing and the talk about justice in the face of what happened and who caused it, he has the balls to talk like that.
If I initially enjoyed this show more or less, I can't say I enjoyed the direction it took and the conclusion.

Still one of the best

OH no.

The girl is " oh this guy was kind to me since he fixed my sandals".
The guy is "Ok i'm surprised but why not ? but let me do what i want in the meantime !"

The chemistry between them is trust born out of nothing. The character interraction that build the couple is slim to none.
Worst part ? this was the best thing about their show.

When you compare to the other couples in chariot list that actually have justifications for their pairing , that was just a bad pick.

I did get Hola, but it didn't work for me. I tried USA, Ireland and UK, I always just the same. Dunno, If I have missed something.

did you try turning Hola on, closing your browser, reopening it and going to Crunchyroll?

That's usually what I have to do.

Anyway, I'm sure there are other ways to watch it out there.

cajunator

Banned
OH no.

The girl is " oh this guy was kind to me since he fixed my sandals".
The guy is "Ok i'm surprised but why not ? but let me do what i want in the meantime !"

The chemistry between them is trust born out of nothing. The character interraction that build the couple is slim to none.
Worst part ? this was the best thing about their show.

When you compare to the other couples in chariot list that actually have justifications for their pairing , that was just a bad pick.

You are free to disagree but I felt a connection between them ^^

Chariot

Tokyo ESP
I actually enjoyed it, it's like an edgier X-Men.
Throw the edgy away. It's an more Japanese X-Men without Xavier. Pretty sure X-Men is a bit edgier than Toyko ESP.

did you try turning Hola on, closing your browser, reopening it and going to Crunchyroll?

That's usually what I have to do.

Anyway, I'm sure there are other ways to watch it out there.
Yes, reopening helped. Blockhead Chariot was just too lazy to close his YouTube videos.
Is that unblocking even legal btw?

Probably because people actually like the Genshiken anime.
I read Genshiken a while in mangaformat, so I can't say much about the original anime. But I have to say, I did enjoy Nidaime.

Best couple

http://i.minus.com/ibqC6wLkwueJsG.png[/IM]

Why the new anime are so shit :([/QUOTE]

Perhaps you must have linked to the wrong image as that is not how Yukimura and Sasuke or even Chosokabe and Mori look.

Ill put one in for Oofuri.
[IMG]http://37.media.tumblr.com/d4994fd789b5a5fc08e478cdd094ce12/tumblr_mokjh4ghdi1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mokjh4ghdi1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Black Bullet 11-13

After episode 13 I can only conclude that Rentarou is a grade A moron. Kisara did the right thing and the talk about justice in the face of what happened and who caused it, he has the balls to talk like that.
If I initially enjoyed this show more or less, I can't say I enjoyed the direction it took and the conclusion.

Rentarou is a GRADE A moron.

Kisara & Kagetane are actually right.
At some point , you need to stop being trusting and pick out the bad roots it's not like he just lost his brother thanks to such "morons", right ?.

fertygo

Probably because people actually like the Genshiken anime.

I actually can agree with this, anime that had worse art than the source material can burn in hell..

Perhaps you must have linked to the wrong image as that is not how Yukimura and Sasuke or even Chosokabe and Mori look.
I like an couple that had screentime together to pass blind shipping status.

The fact that Kyosuke x Kirino is on that couples list shows Japanese people have class. The only disappointment is how low they are on the list.

/XX/

Its time to lrn2VPN

Install Hola Unblocker

I'd not recommend trusting on that one unless you want to be used for re-routing incoming traffic from other users (among other reasons). If you really do find necessary using such methods, search for known individual proxy servers or contemplate the option of static-server based non-closed software alternatives like ProxMate or 'proprietary client' ones like TunnelBear and Cloudnymous.

Firemind

What made Genshiken S1 fun to watch was adding an outcast (Saki) to an otaku club and introducing her to various otaku subcultures (anime, games, figurines, gunpla, cosplaying). It felt like a documentary at times, displaying levels of social interaction and acceptance in Japanese society, as shown by the clever episode titles.

Apparently it has all gone in the shitter with Nidaime.

You are free to disagree but I felt a connection between them ^^

Wait , don't misunderstand me.
There is a connexion between the 2 characters, that's undeniable. After all the whole show is built on that .

My problem is that the show not only fail to properly justify that connexion ( or to present it properly ) , but it doesn't move beyond that.
On that aspect it's weaker than many other show that actually devellop that connexion between characters over time.

Someone mentionned Holo x lawrence. They start as strangers , becomes associates , then that relationship becomes trust and then they move on as a couple.

Same for many pairings in That list above.. My problem with ai yori aoshi is not the characters , nor the relationship between the characters but the fact that there is no build-up that lead to this relationship.Even when the "mansion" with the rest of the cast get introduced, the MC make his choice BUT again there is little to no justification for that. As fine as this couple is ( and i like them ) , it's missing the develloppement between the characters that make the chemistry between them so great.

Another exemple is arararararagi & senjougahara . they didn't become a couple right away. they got several arcs , proper build-up over several arcs ( 4 arcs !) before they became a couple and then the chemistry just worked

cajunator

Banned
What made Genshiken S1 fun to watch was adding an outcast (Saki) to an otaku club and introducing her to various otaku subcultures (anime, games, figurines, gunpla, cosplaying). It felt like a documentary at times, displaying levels of social interaction and acceptance in Japanese society, as shown by the clever episode titles.

Apparently it has all gone in the shitter with Nidaime.

I disagree. Nidaime had its good points. If anything the formula is just a bit tired.
Three seasons is a lot to keep a show interesting.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Most importantly, though, Saki provided a comedic foil to the show much like Kyon did in Haruhi.

cajunator

Banned
Wait , don't misunderstand me.
There is a connexion between the 2 characters, that's undeniable. After all the whole show is built on that .

My problem is that the show not only fail to properly justify that connexion ( or to present it properly ) , but it doesn't move beyond that.
On that aspect it's weaker than many other show that actually devellop that connexion between characters over time.

Someone mentionned Holo x lawrence. They start as strangers , becomes associates , then that relationship becomes trust and then they move on as a couple.

Same for many pairings in That list above.. My problem with ai yori aoshi is not the characters , nor the relationship between the characters but the fact that there is no build-up that lead to this relationship.Even when the "mansion" with the rest of the cast get introduced, the MC make his choice BUT again there is little to no justification for that. As fine as this couple is ( and i like them ) , it's missing the develloppement between the characters that make the chemistry between them so great.

Another exemple is arararararagi & senjougahara . they didn't become a couple right away. they got several arcs , proper build-up over several arcs ( 4 arcs !) before they became a couple and then the chemistry just worked

I wasnt referring to the events leading up to it though but the fact they are a very cute and romantic couple when they have time alone. Its really sweet. the way they ended up together is nothing special and kind of forced but they make the absolute best of their pairing.

I wasnt referring to the events leading up to it though but the fact they are a very cute and romantic couple when they have time alone. Its really sweet. the way they ended up together is nothing special and kind of forced but they make the absolute best of their pairing.

And that's why i said that it was a bad pick compared to the others in chariot list.

But nevermind that , glad that we agree on those points at least.

Out of curiosity , how many points on the Cajun scale ?

mankoto

Fate/Illya 4
To be a magical girl where "anything is possible" Miyu might be strong, but her grounded personality is holding her back. Sure she got around of having to learn how to fly, but I fear it might do more harm than good again down the line.

A wild Saber appears!

Couple's rankings,
I'd rather not see your hit list, I'm afraid at the possibility that I might be in it xP
Nah, you're not on that list. I haven't really watched anything recently enough with romantic couples that I have liked. Platonic couples sure, like Batou and the Major.

mankoto

Fate/Illya 5
So Rin is a cat with the other a dog... Makes sense considering how they act towards each other. And Saber is clearly too powerful. Even the power of teamwork can't stop her.

phaze

They're shit at CGI and sometimes 2D animation too.

Even a broken clock...

I see. I'm only familiar with their reputation so I suppose I wasn't expecting a well regarded show like this to be on their CV.

Gankatsuo has absolutely dreadful CG, so don't worry, you'll get your dose of Gonzo.

Can't wait. After reading this thread, they have quite a reputation to live up to !

Toradora 24-25 END

Plenty of melodrama in those two final episodes and lots of it felt shoehorned, rushed, illogical and just plain stupid at times.
Ryuji blowing simple family argument to gargantuan proportion, the marriage proposal and running away and then the shit that Taiga pulled. ( changing your mind in 5 minutes and going awauwithout talking to Ryuji isrunning away, she deserved a Kushieda punch for that.)
All of it stretched credulity and just me rubbed the wrong way.

I disliked Minori being into Takasu too. With 3 main female characters being into MC, the show the descended dangerously far into harem territory, something that I felt creators did a good job of avoiding up to that point.
Speaking of Kushieda, I've been on the Ami bandwagon for the better part of the show but I think the last few episodes swayed me towards the former. She didn't take no shit from anyone but managed to remain her enthusiastic and energetic self. Whoever did the voiceover for her did a great job. Ami unfortunately stayed in the background for the better part of the second half of the show and
threw the white flag without a fight. (Yes alright there was a literal fight)

None of the above pet peeves should be taken to mean I disliked the show. On the contrary I enjoyed Toradora immensely. It has a superb cast of characters, is greatly written and rarely misses a bit when it comes to funny. It is a predictable and you can pretty much guess where it will end when you finished the first episode but in this case, the journey mattered much more than destination. (They had me fooled at the end though.)My experience with genre in general has been slim so about the only thing I can compare it to is Nisekoi . Tora has a story that actually goes somewhere and and I think that it blows Nise out of the water in pretty much every department except reaction faces and maybe character designs.

Better fights than Tokyo Ghoul too.

Defuser

Tokyo Ghoul ep 4

Mayano Mamoru acting so hammy while the orchestral BGM is playing is fucking hilarious. Studio Pierrot is fucking things up by cramming over 90 chapters into 1 cour. It got brynhildred...

Tokyo Ghoul ep 4

Mayano Mamoru acting so hammy while the orchestral BGM is fucking hilarious. Studio Pierrot is fucking things up by cramming over 90 chapters into 1 cour. It got brynhildred...

Does Studio Pierrot love doing this, like seriously. This adaption would have been a lot better, if they took there time and slowed things down. Just why is this happening.

Does Studio Pierrot love doing this, like seriously. This adaption would have been a lot better, if they took there time and slowed things down. Just why is this happening.

It's like they're trying to learn from Naruto and not to cram it with so much filler, but they went so far that they fucked up even more.

Studio Pierrot is a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom