• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I didnt even realise people were still watching once it was clear it wasnt the second coming of Bebop.

Fuck bebop, that overrated anime, samurai champloo is so much better anyways. Annnyway.
Hunter X Hunter 2011 Episode 139
Im really liking this (sub?) plot with Killua and his "sister" Alluka such a interesting story.

Most of the time, chronological order is LN, then manga adaptation, then anime, then manga side stories.

LN explains the world the most, but it has a tendency to be written badly, especially for the first few volumes. Also infodumps. Likely to never be localised, so you may have to depend on fan translation, which is utterly unreliable.

The manga adaptation usually fixes this, and will be better for those who TLDR. You miss out on some elaboration though. Manga can be slow however, and may not even be translated, let alone localised. If they are translated though, they will have better translations than LNs, usually.

Anime is best for action/battle scenes, explains the world the least, has the least exposition, has a limited episode count, has the very high possibility of not having a sequel, and can be shit if the director or studio isn't good. Also depending on if it has good VAs. At least anime will always have subs, and you can always wait for better subs if early subs are terrible. Anime also has the highest probability of being localised.

For reference, I meant Peking order of Quality, but these things are good to know.

Mokoi

Banned
Global audience friendly this ain't

Yeah I have no idea what there saying, but the producers/director were just introduced I believe?

Yay! Really excited tk see what this is at least since I liked Fate/Zero so much. I've been warned about the source material for F/SN but it can't be that bad, can it?

Hehe, umm well it really depends on what you consider good. Fate route was really bad, but you just need to have played the VN to know if you liked it.

cajunator

Banned

Thats a really terrible list. Its also really incomplete.

ib1cEttOcDEDvo.gif

Space Dandy has impressive animation at times.

Maki-chan to Nau 2

09e9fb4b43.jpg

8b90fc8ad0.jpg

1409848e55.jpg

ZCxI3ag.jpg

Well, I guess I just had my world view shattered right in front of my eyes here.

So what exactly am I missing from Light Novels, because as far as I'm concerned, the peking order is Manga > Anime > LN.

This looks really bad but really cute. Im probably better off looking at screenshots of it.

Just remembered how brilliant Tsuritama was.

http://vimeo.com/79750122

I never forgot how brilliant Tsuritama is! Its a gorgeous looking anime.

Chariot

It's better than Fate I guess. Still not very happy, they should've just scratched everything and made their own thing with the set-up. But well, I'll shut my filthmouth, when the anime get's really good.

JCG

Geass is an outlier, more there for how off the rails it goes rather than it being bad.

I'd say it was closer to multi-track drifting. Some of the passengers were hurt in the process, which understandably frustrated them since they expected a safer ride, but the unorthodox conductor still took the train to a safe stop. I wish that happened more often and we had less of the really deadly accidents though.

OtoBoku 08

Things gets a little bit sad. It's an episode about figuring out if you do something because you want to yourself or just because you don't want to let somebody else down, and how you should choose your own path. We also learn why Mizuho got long hair.

Blusby

I'm hyped, anyways for you guys here's a brief summary of the PV:
PV starts off with Shouta Shirou walking around fire then we get Shirou n Rin interaction at school, Archer summoning (w/ crash through da roof), along with cuts of Archer vs Lancer, Saber vs Lancer, Herc battle in Shirou's neighborhood, Kotomine acting priestly, and Rin firing the gantr shot at Shirou at the school ending with a shot of cg UBW reality marble titiled Unlimited Blade Works, with a key visual shown.
Also the tracks used sounded like Kajiura's stuff so unsurprisingly she's gonna handle music.

Also lol, about a year ago Gen Urobuchi was asked about this adaptation and he said "I believe it's Unlimited Blade Works."

First cour being UBW with the second in Spring being HF oriented sounds about right, "it's spring again!"

cajunator

Banned
I'm hyped, anyways for you guys here's a brief summary of the PV:
PV starts off with Shouta Shirou walking around fire then we get Shirou n Rin interaction at school, Archer summoning (w/ crash through da roof), along with cuts of Archer vs Lancer, Saber vs Lancer, Herc battle in Shirou's neighborhood, Kotomine acting priestly, and Rin firing the gantr shot at Shirou at the school ending with a shot of cg UBW reality marble titiled Unlimited Blade Works, with a key visual shown.
Also the tracks used sounded like Kajiura's stuff so unsurprisingly she's gonna handle music.

I wanna see it. how do I view it? Im logged into Nico

JCG

Concerning the Fate news, isn't it possible that they will simply want to have it both ways?

Perhaps they might plan to adapt Heaven's Feel later on, in order to maximize their profits.

Blusby

UBW and HF mixed doesn't sound too good though, the themes are gonna clash like hell though I'm glad that they're at least adapting the best route.

UBW and HF mixed doesn't sound too good though, the themes are gonna clash like hell though I'm glad that they're at least adapting the best route.
I'm trying to make sure a thing make sense in my mind but it just doesn't work like at all. You'd have to change too much of the story.

I mean UBW was my second choice anyway of the three routes so I can't say I'm disappointed.

duckroll

Fujisawa has done some great stuff, but I'm just so confused! She was a huge component of Fate/Zero, and now she's not composing for the Fate/Zero director's new show, nor is she composing for the follow up series to Fate/Zero! What happened? Too much SAO?! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom