• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT| this thread has been outsourced to Toei Phils

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgminto

Baby Steps 17
iitjQLaqxSGY9.png
The animation during the second match was actually pretty good, seemed like it might have been rotoscoped? That really just makes the heavy use of CG stand ins more hilarious though. It must be devastating for brown haired girl to be forever stomped down by Nat-chan as Ei-chan's love interest. She should probably just give up now. I wonder how the next tournament is going to go
since Ei-chan isn't participating?

Hum animegaf got 400 post in a night ..what could have happenn--

Unlimited blade works in the tv anime ? Not satisfied , should have been heaven feel.
Well at least heaven feel get a movie...

Chariot

Continuation of the Shakespear quotes in Zetusen no Tempest. Part 1. I'll put everything into one post as soon I have finished going through the whole show.

Episode 07
2:55 (Hamlet)
Mahiro: Whether love lead fortune, or else fortune love.
Yoshino: For 'tis a question left us yet to prove.

21:50 (Hamlet)
Yoshino: Purpose is but the slave to memory.
What we do determine, oft we break.
[Mahiro: Hamlet, huh? Today marks the end of this revenge play.]

22:07 (Hamlet)
But look, the morn, in russet mantle clad, walks o'er the dew of yon high eastward hill.

Episode 08
15:02 (Hamlet)
Mahiro: Conscience and grace, to the profoundest pit! I dare damnation. To this point I stand. That both the worlds I give to negligence. Let come what comes, only I’ll be revenged.

Episode 09
13:40 (Hamlet)
Aika: There are more things in heaven and earth, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. [same line was referenced in episode 5]
[Yoshino: Hamlet again? Let's stop that. ('that' referring to the quoting of Hamlet, because he don't want have to think about him and Mahiro killing each other)]

14:26
[Aika: If you dislike quotations from Hamlet, why don't I quote from another story of revenge, but one in which everyone lives happily ever after?]
From this point on, Aika quotes from The Tempest, "another story about revenge, but where everyone lives happily ever after" and in the present Yoshino is realizing, that the "mage of the island" is connected to the Tempest.

15:17
[Yoshino: Is it possible, Aika-chan, to make this story not end in tragedy?]

15:32 (The Tempest)
[Yoshono: I'll give it a shot, Aika-chan. I don't know if the character in that story is an air sprite or a hideous monster, but if this is the role given to me... ]
The "air sprite" is referring to the air spirte Ariel in the Tempest [link] and the "hideous monster" is Caliban, the crippled antagonist in the Tempest [Link]

Episode 10
None found.

Episode 11
19.07 (The Tempest)
Aika: Let us not burden our remembrances with a heaviness that's gone.
[Mahiro: That isn't from Hamlet. I don't recognize it.
Aika: A storm... It's from The Tempest]

Episode 12
22:29 (The Tempest)
Aika: Had I been any god of power, I would. Have sunk the sea within the earth or ere. It should the good ship so have swallowed and the fraughting souls within her.

Man, I didn't realize that absolute shift from Hamlet to the Tempest at all while watching the show. Ryuuroden is totally on the right track. Retwaching complete shows can be nice, once in a while. Samon's inner overreactions at everything were still hilarious, too.

Finalow

I know nothing about the visual novel or anime of F/S night so let me understand, the new one airing october 2014 is based on UBW, and it will be completely different from the 2006 version?

fertygo

I know nothing about the visual novel or anime of F/S night so let me understand, the new one airing october 2014 is based on UBW, and it will be completely different from the 2006 version?

2006's anime borrow some scene, but yeah its will mostly different after the long ass intro.

cajunator

Banned
Oh hey, they just announced Heaven's Feel.

So its a movie then?
Whats great about this route?

53D4D6443709CB001D

the key visuals are amazing as always.

Indeed it looks good!

After this the only things that they'll do will be about illya.

Im ok with this!

I like how, even with the near vertical shot, they get to put some sexy thighs and the way the arm is drawn closes to the body enhances her chest.

Naturally because its Rin. how else would you draw her?

Chariot

Well...

Can't be worse than One Piece
I wouldn't call One Piece into this. Oda's character designs can get weird by default, just look at all this half gigants and weirdly formed people. This isn't just a womans problem. Oda's style isn't realistic and it don't really want to be. It's different from these special shots for posters or stills, from a work that usually tries to be "realistic" (please don't jump on this term, you know what I mean).

/XX/

I like how, even with the near vertical shot, they get to put some sexy thighs and the way the arm is drawn closes to the body enhances her chest.
That is what I like about the magic of illustration and animation; it is an image composition mishmash and still manages to look cohesive overall!

Linkark07

Banned
Well, didn't expect that about the F/SN announcements. Still, glad to have Heaven's Feel animated.

Gotta wait till HF for more Kirei :(

Jarmel

Banned
ibac7ExjtiMBQq.gif

ibac7ExjtiMBQq.gif

ibac7ExjtiMBQq.gif

Best girl getting best adaptation confirmed. Sakura and Saber lovers blown the fuck out. Move over it's Rin time motherfuckers.

fertygo

Haikyuu!! - 17

Holy shit this is so damn good, yeah they reused asset here and there but its nice to see an sport anime episode that the action flowing fast like this, so good.. I wish Kurobas get same treatment :(

OtoBoku 09

And they're preparing for the school festival episode.

Mizuho and school president Takako gets forced into playing Romeo and Juliet for the festival and there's lots of blushing when they find out about kissing scenes. And Mariya gets jealous of Mizuho because of how he's grown up and now is a leader rather than a follower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom