• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nozaki-kun Episode 7

That was a great episode and seeing Sakura's hopes being crushed never get's old. Mikoshiba's tsundere role is really hilarious. Though Nozaki's trolling is indeed the funniest thing in the episode. I can't wait to see more of Hori and Kashima next week.

Narag

It's hard to believe the author intended it to be satire, but who knows. I feel that this group of misfits has been done to death though.

pMhbi8Rl.png

Stuff like this makes it pretty clear it's satirical.

Girls und Panzer Anzio OVA
Seeing a brief look at Caesar outside of her roleplay identity was also a nice little treat.

I really liked that in the same way I appreciated the Erwin/Yukari focused special. Rounding out other cast members only makes for a better complete product.

My impression going in was, "Looks like a bad commercial, will watch for 2D mecha action."
I don't think I was alone on that either but instead we thankfully got an unexpectedly great show all around.
What I meant was, I didn't think Sunrise would have given it the resources and time for it to be consistent in terms of production values and meet the broadcast schedule.

Nozaki-kun episode 7

I swear the "fate of the man who was 10 timing" and the previous episode where they discuss how only the heroine sees the moment of weakness of the male lead are too conveniently timed for SAO 2 episodes lol.

Sakura and Mikorin were fantastic this episode. Sakura for the first half getting her hopes up and for her reaction when Mikorin did the 'Nozaki writing a Manuscript' pose. Too good.

Mikorin for everything he was in, he really does steal the show. It's hard not to when you have a tsundere character who gets embarassed about his flirty lines. 2good. Best girl.

Space Dandy 2 - 07

Magnificent

Magnificent

>I have nothing but PRAISE for this episode.
The highschool episode was already way above what i usually see and hear ..but GODDAMMIT this episode surpassed it IMO.

I cannot say more .... wait? Yes i can !

The dialog in this episode was especially impressive The numerous dialogs between Dandy and Johnny were awesome , so was their competition to get the spotlight .
Dandy spouting lines like : "There are two things important in my life : Sake, Women & Rock !" and the answer equally stupid.
Space%20Dandy%202%20-%2007.jpg

Dillemma ......
Better than that they managed to include a nice story with a drama that you know is coming , but still manage to get the appropriate effect.

As for the music it was awesome, and let's not include the numerous jabs to differents groups and to the music industry.
Space%20Dandy%202%20-%2007_01.jpg

As many times as necessary

Well in the end , this episode was 10/10 top tier , the story was perfect , the dialog was more than solid , the animation still good and the music awesome on all front.

SPACE DANDY OST WHEN? WHERE ? HOW MUCH !

10/10

santeesioux

Ace of the Diamond 44
They two halves of this episodes were complete opposites in pacing. Half an episode for a few pitches, the other half to speed to the end of the game and its aftermath.

I hadn't realized that this was extended to run until March 2015. Hopefully the pacing won't slow down too much now that they have 75+ episodes.

Isn't there only like 2 games left?
That's going to be some slow pacing.

survivor

Banned
Servant x Service

Managed to make it to 5 episode before the comedy got too stale and had to stop. After getting used to the setting and the writing, all the jokes started to fall flat and it became a chore to go through it. I felt the same thing when I watched both seasons of Working but back then I probably just had stronger will and more time to waste to tolerate it. Not to mention the main guy and the imouto, completely insufferable characters that bring down all the scenes they are in and make it hard to go through the downtime scenes.

I did like the OP and its use of real backgrounds as opposed to drawing them. I just found the filters and the style appealing. I can't think of that many anime OPs that do something similar, off the top of my head I can only think of Tatami Galaxy's OP right now.

Chihayafuru S2 - 25 [Finished]

Not in the mood for typing a lot, so the short version: I ended up enjoying this more or less as much as season 1. I consider S1 to be a bit better, however, S2 benefits from you being already much more attached to the characters from the getgo.

Thankfully only 2 new members joined the school's club and, while initially annoying, they were somewhat fine afterwards. I think this season suffers a bit more from pacing issues, especially as some of the matches drag on a bit when not only every Mizusawa member but also the opponents get a lot of inner monologue and backstory exposition. In general I consider this a good thing of course, it's just that it became a bit much towards the half-finals and finals of the international schoolteam tournament. Am glad I wasn't watching this when it aired as it would've been painful to follow those matches with a week between every cliffhanger ;P

The characters, the actual Karuta sport and its presentation are fantastic in this show. Found myself rooting for our protagonists more and more as the anime went on. The humor was pretty good, too, actually. Loved the occasional little annotation next to the characters.

I'm not sure what to think about the ending. Wish they tackled the relationship angle just a tad more aggressive but I leave mostly satisfied. Overall it's still really weird how little screentime Arata gets, although when he does get it, it's quite important. I don't know anything about the manga but since this ending isn't really conclusive there's room for another season. If one should ever come out I'll certainly watch it.

I think I'd give Chihayafuru S1 a 8/10 and S2 a 7/10. Also I did end up writing a bunch... damn it.

edit:
Arata's eyes...are quite something.

I'm back!

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it so much. I like Chihayafuru a lot so it was nice to read this. I ended up liking the second season more but that was mainly because they got so much farther in the second season. I need my third season.

Now back to the hole where I crawled from. It's crunch time.

Akame ga Kill 7
General Esdeath showing up now. Quite a bit more exciting. Night Raid is becoming the prey instead of the hunters which probably isn't the best dynamic for them. Guessing this focus on Bulat means
that he'll die next

Syrinx

Chihayafuru 2

Taichi redeemed himself a bit at the end, but he could still use a good smack in the face for pulling that nonsense. Though having a shitty mom that only cares about him winning shit doesn't help. Also this episode seems to hint at Chihaya's sister being a bit of a pill.

Is this gonna alternate between high school Chihaya and friends and elementary school Chihaya and friends?

mankoto

Captain Earth 20
The second pairing has finally been established and a not so friendly face has come to say hi for the 3rd time.
I'm willing to bet he'll succeed this time too.

Barakamon Episode 7

I said this once I'll say it again this show is the best of the season. Like who would of thought fishing could be so wonderful. The comedy was great and the way this episode conveyed it's message was splendid. Seeing Handa's character grow further more adds so much and makes it so enjoyable. Interactions between characters and seeing their reaction faces was wonderful as well. This episode has made my day.

And damn why is Hina so cute.
tumblr_nago30Dy6T1txotz6o1_500.gif

This is also why Naru's amazing.
tumblr_nafkadlNK61thn3fyo1_500.gif

Akame Ga kill - 07

Esdeath is looking for something, this is going to be good.

Rest of the episode was great, they still cut the more schoking scenes , but that was expected considering how bad it was in the manga.
Overall solid adaptation , but we missed the mountain part, they cut it ! And you can't put it back now. I'm a little disapointed even if i understand why they did it.

WHO IS THE BEST GIRL ?

> ESDEATH
> AKAME
> MINE

The answer is :
BULLAT

Quasar

Chihayafuru S2 - 25 [Finished]
I don't know anything about the manga but since this ending isn't really conclusive there's room for another season. If one should ever come out I'll certainly watch it.

I think I'd give Chihayafuru S1 a 8/10 and S2 a 7/10. Also I did end up writing a bunch... damn it.

The manga seems still quite popular so we might see a S3. Or at least I hope so. That's what seems to be keeping it alive, given the anime doesn't do that well from what I understand.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Akame Ga kill - 07

Esdeath is looking for something, this is going to be good.

Rest of the episode was great, they still cut the more schoking scenes , but that was expected considering how bad it was in the manga.
Overall solid adaptation , but we missed the mountain part, they cut it ! And you can't put it back now. I'm a little disapointed even if i understand why they did it.

WHO IS THE BEST GIRL ?

> ESDEATH
> AKAME
> MINE

The answer is :
BULLAT

Was the mountain part when they were boiling those prisoners in the giant pot, and Esdese put a giant ice cube in it so that they would suffer longer?
Thought something was missing.

I feel like we might miss out on some of the torture scenes. Although I don't remember how many there are.

Was the mountain part when they were boiling those prisoners in the giant pot, and Esdese put a giant ice cube in it so that they would suffer longer?
Thought something was missing.

I feel like we might miss out on some of the torture scenes. Although I don't remember how many there are.

We missed 2 scenes :

1)
Esdeath coming back from the north frontline and teaching how to torture people

2)
tatsumi and Bullat training in the mountains ( right after tatsumi spars with akane )

2 leads to another scene much later where
tatsumi is in that same moutain and remember what it felt to train with him and .....well you got it.

The torture scenes with esdeath haven't really started yet.

We missed 2 scenes :

1)
Esdeath coming back from the north frontline and teaching how to torture people

2)
tatsumi and Bullat training in the mountains ( right after tatsumi spars with akane )

2 leads to another scene much later where
tatsumi is in that same moutain and remember what it felt to train with him and .....well you got it.

The torture scenes with esdeath haven't really started yet.

I don't really mind them skipping things like that if they do good on other scenes and get far enough into it.
Although I was kind of looking forward to seeing that boiling pot part.

tumblr should be banned from the Internet from making GIF.

If that's their idea of a GIF, I'd hate to see what they'd do with webms!

I honestly don't see what's so bad about that GIF aside from the horrendous "Sparta" text.

Ojamajo Doremi - 11

I swear this girl looks like a child version of Gundam 00's Marina Ismail.

Add the fact that flowers played a big part in this episode and I now have flashbacks from the movie in my head.

I think of the trains as the MC's primary crush. There is a lot of fan service throughout the show.
Not the show fault given the theme, but i honnestly thought anime could make ANY subject intresting , but that's clearly not the case.

I don't even think it's a lack of budget or talent, the main theme is boring and they made nothing to change my mind , from the direction teh first episode is taking i know this isn't for me.

Loving how gravity and air friction doesn't work properly when you need to catch a ballon BUT thermo dynamic laws are still working as intended.

Mahouka 20
Batman-niisama going hot and heavy from the get go. The imouto better be careful. Then, he stops a hack attack. Batman-niisama has no need for bodyguards, obviously. Then, Batman-niisama spots a spy, whose a girl from their school and has a rocket scooter. Then, Batman-niisama's friends corner someone who was following them and learn they are being targeted by the Eastern Alliance with school no even being safe though I doubt it matters to Batman-niisama

AnoHana - 6

Huh, a guy in an anime actually got a nosebleed that actually wasn't used for a typical anime joke-oh darn it.

So now they have her diary. That is literally the only plot-significant thing that happened in this episode.

I'm not a fan of the pacing in this show.

Branduil

AnoHana - 6

Huh, a guy in an anime actually got a nosebleed that actually wasn't used for a typical anime joke-oh darn it.

So now they have her diary. That is literally the only plot-significant thing that happened in this episode.

I'm not a fan of the pacing in this show.

Ano Hana is a 3-episode OVA that got 11 episodes.

Sketchbag

Banned
Should I watch Claymore. I like action adventure animes with decent to good character growth. Is it going to be a hottie female chick killing monsters for 26 episodes?

zulux21

watched the most recent eps of

baby steps
name of show misleading... the time skips are strong with this one

haikyu
this is more the pacing I expect for a sports show.

ace of diamond
heh 12 minutes to throw 3 pitches.

Sword art online
I feel like they are planning to make this gun thing the full 25 episode season instead of adapting it as fast as they adapted the first series.... I haven't read the novel so I can't be sure, it might go slow like this at the start as well, but it would make sense if they wanted to take their time adapting it given how popular it is.

agami ga kill.
this show is steadily getting more and more interesting... we are starting to hit stuff where I understand why the manga is rated like it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom