• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online II 08

K7QV0yE.jpg

Is this a goddamn Evangelion reference

Man I am really glad
the guy who called himself Pale Rider wasn't Dess Gun. That would've been pretty dumb. Don't really understand why Kirito doesn't just tell Sinon he's after Dess Gun but whatever

Pretty decent episode, actually. Far better then the last one.

Jarmel

Banned
SAO 2-8

Sigh, first half of this is dreadfully boring. Spends way too much time explaining some basic stuff and drawing answers out. Second half was better although the Pale Rider thing seemed a little over the top.

Defuser

Aldnoah Zero The shitty misadventures of Slaine ep 8

Poor Slaine, not only being shitted on badly, just about things looking good for him hope just said nope and left him. Poor Slaine, did I say how poor he is?

And apparently he is the biggest s.i.m.p, he's suffering and going on thinking about m'lady while she is smiling and hanging around with Inaho.

Midonin

Captain Earth 21

Daichi made a tough decision, went through with it, and everything turned out okay, but it didn't turn him into a monster either. There's still compassion and caring for his friends in there. The end of this episode, even if it was with someone who wasn't very likable at first, worked. This is where the appeal of a zero-to-hero story lies. Both this and M3 were slow burns, but now I'm looking forward to seeing how both of them conclude. Endgame time!

Aldnoah.Zero 8

You know what? Fuck you show. I wish I could quit you and call it a fucking day. Do you get off on just shitting on Slaine the whole fucking time? Is there a writer back there who gets a massive stiffy on just having the poor guy never catch a break? NOT. A. SINGLE. FUCKING. BREAK? I hope your nipples enjoy the pleasure Mr. Writer, because I don't. Meanwhile dandere douche is off there hanging out with Slaine's waifu, Slaine has another flashback scene of him and his waifu, and then just constant fucking
torture
for the fucking guy. I thought I was watching Game of Thrones for a second there because jesus christ. And when it finally seems like he might catch a break the psychotic perverted writer screams a hearty NOOOOOOOOOO and
kills the blonde count who finally respects and believes in Slaine causing Slaine's limp almost dead body to be captured once again by the enemy
. You are despicable whoever wrote this. Why the fuck does the dandere guy catch all the breaks? Fuck you show. But everytime I think I'm out, you pull me back in just enough so I don't quit. It's stressful.

tl;dr EVERYBODY HAAAAAAAAAATES SLAINE

Aldnoah.Zero 8

You know what? Fuck you show. I wish I could quit you and call it a fucking day. Do you get off on just shitting on Slaine the whole fucking time? Is there a writer back there who gets a massive stiffy on just having the poor guy never catch a break? NOT. A. SINGLE. FUCKING. BREAK? I hope your nipples enjoy the pleasure Mr. Writer, because I don't. Meanwhile dandere douche is off there hanging out with Slaine's waifu, Slaine has another flashback scene of him and his waifu, and then just constant fucking
torture
for the fucking guy. I thought I was watching Game of Thrones for a second there because jesus christ. And when it finally seems like he might catch a break the psychotic perverted writer screams a hearty NOOOOOOOOOO and
kills the blonde count who finally respects and believes in Slaine causing Slaine's limp almost dead body to be captured once again by the enemy
. You are despicable whoever wrote this. Why the fuck does the dandere guy catch all the breaks? Fuck you show. But everytime I think I'm out, you pull me back in just enough so I don't quit. It's stressful.

You have summed up this episode and how I feel beautifully.

dhMeAzK.gif

Slaine has to get a wonderful payoff sometime this series. All this suffering will build up to a completely "FUCK YEAHHHHHH SLAINE" moment. I can just feel it.

Link Man

Banned
DTL was on twitter praising the show for Slaine's role today. Take that as you will.

What's his Twitter handle?

Aldnoah.Zero 8

torture

So you're saying I should just drop the show?

So you're saying I should just drop the show?

I can't drop the show because like effingvic said, this has to be building off to a massivepay off for Slaine and at this point he's the only reason I'm still watching. If they're going to kill him off do it quickly then so I can stop watching. But they're making it a bit too obvious that he can't catch a break, so he better become like Jesus later on, bitch slap dandere douche, and take his waifu

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Knights of Sidonia episode 1
I'm liking it, the 3D animation isnt the best, specially since its episode 1 but the world building im liking.

Aldnoah Zero 08

Ok. This is getting ridiculous.
Why don't they just go the extra mile and rename this to "Being Slaine is Suffering".
I mean people were saying it before, but Slaine is pretty much the only character in the show. And he only gets shit on for it.
Although Cruhteo seems to be developing somewhat. Or was.

I swear to God if they throw in an NTR angle then I'm going to be convinced this show is one big joke.

mankoto

Aldnoah.Zero 8

torture

Reading this post gave me flashbacks of Guilty Crown

Aldnoah Zero 08

Ok. This is getting ridiculous.
Why don't they just go the extra mile and rename this to "Being Slaine is Suffering".
I mean people were saying it before, but Slaine is pretty much the only character in the show. And he only gets shit on for it.
Although Cruhteo seems to be developing somewhat. Or was.

I swear to God if they throw in an NTR angle then I'm going to be convinced this show is one big joke.

My salt will blot out the sun and I will personally fly to Japan and punch every writer responsible.

The Onii-sama show 21

Because my day couldn't have been shat on more, I go to Onii-sama so he cam embrace me in his awesomeness and I'm received with yet another episode that isn't about him solving every problem and everybody focusing on him. We've had 19 episodes of this show, don't pretend like now you want to develop the other characters to main characters and have them go on their own adventures while Onii-sama gets fucking lowered to sidekick role for everybody else. This is bullshit. Congratulations anime industry you've now made it where Onii-sama is boring me, and I have to hold on my hopes for fucking Kirito-kun of all people to save the day. Congratu-fucking-lations.

And yes I skipped throughout the whole episode because I don't care for character development whatsoever. Only character worthwhile was the new I Can't Believe My Little Sister is This Yandere since she was focusing on Onii-sama. Everybody else can go die in a fire.

I keep imagining when Slaine meets the Princess again he is immediately shot and killed or comes across Inaho and the Princess kissing.

Do it writers. I want some tears in this thread.

I keep imagining when Slaine meets the Princess again he is immediately shot and killed or comes across Inaho and the Princess kissing.

Good. Slaine is the worst, letting us see him suffer is the best thing they could do for us.

Dynedom

Better yet: Slaine becomes brainwashed into hunting down and killing her but is still aware the whole time, unable to control his actions. She then kills him to "save him" (dem last few seconds of the OP, yo)

My fingers are shaking just typing this.

Jarmel

Banned
Slaine is getting the Sayaka treatment. Can't wait for Inaho to kiss the princess in front of Slaine causing Slaine to have a mental breakdown.

Midonin

Mahouka 21

Much like the start of the tournament, throwing in some bath towels and keeping Tatsuya's role to a minimum makes the show much more watchable. Because everybody else doesn't exposit at each other all the time. Or at least, much less. Plus with how prudish this show has been, a bath is a chance for a characters to be open and intimate...ish. The politics are still sketchy and the magic system is boring, but this is somewhat closer to how I expected the show to be at the start. If Tatsuya had emotions, or at least wondered what it would be like if he had emotions, or Miyuki got some time to herself, then the show would go from unbearable to at least tolerable.

Clov

Slaine's starting to remind me a bit of Pedro from Excel Saga. Terrible things just won't stop happening to him. Part of me wants him to get his moment, but another part wants to see just how far they'll take his suffering.

Link Man

Banned
Aldnoah.Zero 8

lol, Calm.

Well, this episode was much better than I expected it to be. Princess Asseylum is carrying the show, and as for Slaine,
comparisons to Solid Snake would not be inaccurate
. Just sucks what happened with the ending, I would have liked to see that play out differently.

Deadly

Mahouka 21
Episode was meh. Though I'm glad the other characters are finally getting more spotlight. Honoka won't though since they skipped the summer chapter :( Next episode should be good if I remember correctly. And don't worry guys oniisama is still going to get a ton of action in this arc.

Mahouka 21
Episode was meh. Though I'm glad the other characters are finally getting more spotlight. Honoka won't though since they skipped the summer chapter :( Next episode should be good if I remember correctly. And don't worry guys oniisama is still going to get a ton of action in this arc.

I WANT TO BELIEVE. MAKE ME BELIEVE.

SAOII Episode 8

It really speaks volumes of the other two action shows that the show I'm enjoying the most right now out of all three of them is SAOII. Y'all should be ashamed. Besides the cringe worthy joke of Kirito and the anime still exploiting that people think he's a girl, and swimming in the nude where it almost appeared that this body does indeed have breasts, the episode was solid enough. But can somebody please go and tell Sinon "We get it. You're a tsundere. Shut up".

mankoto

HeartCatch Precure 12
It would've been great if the proposal unwilted her flower. But I guess only Precures can truly save the day.

And we all know how that turned out

edit: Well, the 5 of us who were actually stupid enough to finish the show.
Of course. It was the greatest train wreck in years.

What we learned today is that when DTL says a character had a great performance, it means they'll be half naked and showing a lot of emotions (usually pain). So what I'll do is next time DTL says the episode went down the shitter, it probably means he reunited with his waifu.

Midonin

Barakamon 08

That is how Pokemon got started, after all, and Naru was shown to have a Pokeball in a previous episode. I slightly preferred Hercules, the beetle from the past two episodes of Invaders. At the very least, he didn't carelessly die. The part at the grave and Naru's birthday were also pretty heartwarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom