• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
madoka_08_02.jpg

Don't give me that shit damnit.

I should watch Madoka, huh

how is everyone dead if he just attacked a small part of it. which is stupid, huge super advanced castle and you have no defence at all against a single mech? "hey let's watch this guy and explain some obvious stuff to the viewers while he kills us/me" - that's also what Cruhteo was doing, instead of like, running or getting into his mech.
at least it was a nice sequence and I really liked the design of the new mech. I also like the ending.

reminder that Slaine will only suffer while Inaho will slowly slip into the princess skirt.

I dont think there were many people in the landing castles despite being pretty huge. I mean Slaine escaped that shit easily. But I guess well find out. It doesnt make sense to me for Saazbaum to leave witnesses since his mech is pretty well known. But then he can probably just blame the people he killed as traitors. *shrug*

I really do hope Slaine ends up with the Princess. I mean Inaho should just end up with Inko or Rayet. So please no with the bullshit of Inaho stealing the princess.

Fuck Rayet. She deserves to die for helping start the war. She will probably a cool moment of redemption before dying anyways.

Finalow

I should watch Madoka, huh

I dont think there were many people in the landing castles despite being pretty huge. I mean Slaine escaped that shit easily. But I guess well find out. It doesnt make sense to me for Saazbaum to leave witnesses since his mech is pretty well known. But then he can probably just blame the people he killed as traitors. *shrug*
it should have plenty of people, not sure what they thought about that though. Slaine mostly escaped because "lol let me climb into my airship while 20 people are shooting at me but no one actually hits me!", and before that he took an hostage.

I think Saazbaum can just tell the others that, or make the whole thing explode with some nuke or aldnoah magic.

Aldnoah.Zero really is a discount Code Geass.

I wish Aldnoah Zero was half as entertaining as Code Geass

Though I really don't see the similarity at all, Code Geass was more Deathnote with mechs, I'd say Aldnoah Zero is just a dime a dozen mech show with good production values

jbug617

Banned
Barakamon 8

First half of the episode could have gone better but I think the 2nd half was great. Also liked that Sensei and the girls started to talk about things I was wondering about
(Naru's parents and when will Sensei go back to Tokyo).

Captain Erf 21

For a second I thought this show was going to actually surprise me and
actually kill off Teppei
but then I realized this is Captain Erf and such a dramatic plot changer wasn't actually going to happen. The ending then things back to "lol this is dumb" again, still by far one of the most disappointing shows I've watched in awhile.

cajunator

Banned
I wish Aldnoah Zero was half as entertaining as Code Geass

Though I really don't see the similarity at all, Code Geass was more Deathnote with mechs, I'd say Aldnoah Zero is just a dime a dozen mech show with good production values

Code geass didnt feel a lot like a mech show

Frog-fu

Banned
Aldnoah Zero 08

Inaho continues to grate my nerves. Rayet deserves to die. Slaine is the best character by far, and if he doesn't get payback against Inaho, I'mma be annoyed.

Aldnoah Zero 8

Being Slaine is being suffering, seriously dude can't catch a break

Meanwhile Inaho continues to just gary stu his way though every encounter

Fuck Inaho

MY MAN

Team Slaine ftw.

Dynedom

Aldnoah Zero - 08

Rayet is such a terribly written character. She has absolutely no moral ground to stand on. How can a viewer possibly sympathize with her?

Necrovex

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 56

Earth really does have a fucked up history. Dat body count.

One Pace 7-11 Fisherman Island

I was surprised to get so much backstory concerning Arlong. I would have thought Oda would ignore him after Arlong Park.

Shounen Hollywood - 08

In this episode, we have a retread of what happened with the old Shounen Hollywood at camp. Themes of the past and future come alight, and we asked questions of whether or not what happens in the past can last forever into the future.

There also the matter that idols must be humble and never entertain the fans for their own sake, but only for the sake of others.

But yeah, President and Manager a shit, character interaction among the boys is still pretty good, and the show became kinda ugly again.

Whatever, Show of the Season.

Frog-fu

Banned
Slaine is the Asami of Aldnoah Zero. The superior character that deserves all the happiness in the world but is constantly shit on.

Aldnoah Zero - 08

Rayet is such a terribly written character. She has absolutely no moral ground to stand on. How can a viewer possibly sympathize with her?

Preach!

Aldnoah Zero - 08

Well, it seems obvious
she is a Martian too. At least it seems like what they are trying to push. She sure seems to know a lot. Maybe we'll get some story later.

Jarmel

Banned
Aldnoah Zero - 08

I don't think you're supposed to sympathize with her that much. She's obviously a hypocrite but she's also just lashing out.

Frog-fu

Banned
Well, it seems obvious
she is a Martian too. At least it seems like what they are trying to push. She sure seems to know a lot. Maybe we'll get some story later.

I thought that was established from the start. She was part of the martians trying to kill Asseylum.
Wasn't she?

Mr.Jeff

Lupin Series 2 - 089
Truly the only interesting episodes are ones where either Fujiko is either absent or in some way incapacitated. Otherwise each episode becomes a boring waste of time until the inevitable betrayal.

I don't think you're supposed to sympathize with her that much. She's obviously a hypocrite but she's also just lashing out.

Her Remove Martian attitude is real i believe,according to episode 7
From the C86 archive book,she is "taciturn but have a lot emotions in her hearts" type character

StormKing

Aldnoah Zero 8

Will Slaine suffer even more? Will Inaho once again outsmart every other character in the show? Will Rayet still distrust all Martians? Find out on the next episode of Aldnoah Z.

Mahouka 21

No more Onii-samas. Fanservice. Development of side characters. Tatsuya has more of a personality now. Interspersed action sequences. No more absurd cliff hangers. Looks like this adaptation will end on a good note.

Jarmel

Banned
Her remove Martian attitude is real i believe,according to episode 7
From the C86 archive book,she is "taciturn but have a lot emotions in her heart" type character

Well her father did get backstabbed by his fellow Martians so it makes sense for her to hate them as a group, despite being one.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mushishi Zoku Shou Special:

That was a nice change of pace, finally getting some background on Ginko and his problems with the main family.

SAO II Episode 8

A super powerful sniper gun with a silencer. Not OP at all. Nope.

First 70% was totally boring, at least it got somewhat interesting near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom