• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droplet

Aldnoah.Zero 8

It's almost comical how every time something seems to be going right for Slaine, some other factor comes in and makes everything terrible again.

Aldnoah Zero 8

Being Slaine is being suffering, seriously dude can't catch a break

Meanwhile Inaho continues to just gary stu his way though every encounter

Fuck Inaho

SAO II - 08

First half unbearably boring but the second one was somewhat decent. Wish Kirito would just fucking tell SInon about his intentions instead of being stupidly vague all the time despite trusting her that much anyways. Hate this stuff, it's so frustrating to follow characters who are unwilling to just speak their effing mind when it's the right thing to do...

which leads us to Aldnoah Zero - 08 which also has some needlessly dense characters. I mean I guess Slaine was sure Count Cruhteo (these fucking names man) was part of the conspiracy, but... if so, couldn't he just outright say "the princess is still alive" either way? I mean maybe he really liked getting tortured. At least he took it like a boss I guess. That much should've at least killed him from internal bleeding and extreme exhaustion.

which leads us to Aldnoah Zero - 08 which also has some needlessly dense characters. I mean I guess Slaine was sure Count Cruhteo (these fucking names man) was part of the conspiracy, but... if so, couldn't he just outright say "the princess is still alive" either way? I mean maybe he really liked getting tortured. At least he took it like a boss I guess. That much should've at least killed him from internal bleeding and extreme exhaustion.

Slaine doesn't know that the masterminds among the 'traitors' know she's alive. Everybody thinks she's dead, so he doesn't know who to trust. He's not dense he's just not prepared to risk the safety of the princess by telling them exactly where she is, until the moment his reasoning and consciousness from all the torture was mostly gone and he passed out moments later.

Barakamon episode 8

You know Father-daughter-like relationships are always some of the sweetest in shows, and Sensei's relationship with Naru is definitely getting there. This episode was largely him thinking about Naru and the island people and what they mean to him, not to mention what he means to them. It'll definitely be sad if he ever has to leave the island as everybody has grown so close to him, especially Naru who doesn't even have parents:'(. HER. PARENTS. ARE. POSSIBLY. DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. I guess she's Batman.

Probably my show of the season tbh. To be fair only Nozaki-kun is in the running and that doesn't have nearly as much heart, even if it is funnier at points.

Pooya

Aldnoah Zero 08

I swear to God if they throw in an NTR angle then I'm going to be convinced this show is one big joke.

that's certainly coming, it's obviously being build on. Slaine is Kariya or Sayaka. Slaine is the tragic villain, last ep was blunt about it.

Cruheto was Tokiomi, same VA too lol

The princess will be fine, I wouldn't bet any money on Inko and Yuki though.

Yuki is as good as dead. I'm surprised shes managed to hang on for this long actually.

She will fight Saazbum and lose. Saazy will rip her Kat apart then slowly start to crush the cockpit. As it starts to cave, Yuki, bloodied, tending to a broken arm and rib, slowly whispers to Inaho in a transmission "...Smile, for once, you fuck"

And then she gets squished. And something horrible also happens to Slaine elsewhere at the same time

I'm gonna leave this thread for the time being as the salt has accumulated to dangerous toxic levels due to all the Slaine NTR talk. You win this round AnimeGAF.

I'll come back when Barakamon discussion commences.

zonezeus

Slaine doesn't know that the masterminds among the 'traitors' know she's alive. Everybody thinks she's dead, so he doesn't know who to trust. He's not dense he's just not prepared to risk the safety of the princess by telling them exactly where she is, until the moment his reasoning and consciousness from all the torture was mostly gone and he passed out moments later.

Plus, Crutheo basically figured it all by himself, Slaine's words were more like a final "fuck you!" to the "traitor" than an actual confession.

Make some sense, but on the other hand, didn't he tell the Emperor and was actually hunted as well for that reason? Not sure if he told that asshole-Count too, can't quite remember.

I mean yeh I guess if no one spread the information about what Slaine said not everyone would know.

I just checked and he did at least not tell Count Cruhteo.

I'm still kinda iffy on the logic of all this, after all Slaine has to assume he was hunted because the traitors god wind of what he's told the emperor. So, especially giving his situation, what's to lose telling Cruhteo. Now there could be further arguments as to why that's not quite the case either yada yada. It just feels a bit contrived.

phaze

Aldnoah.Zero 08

#Team K̶a̶r̶i̶y̶a̶ Slaine.

Good episode. It was nice to finally see Cruhteo use his brain. Saazbaum on the other hand, seems to have left hundreds of witnesses. I suppose they can pull the no one recognized the attacker stunt.

Rayet dropped some interesting truth bombs and insights about the inner workings of Vers society. Her character is growing on me.

Ed:Beaten like a Slaine, that's what I get for not refreshing before posting.

Aldnoah.Zero 08

#Team K̶a̶r̶i̶y̶a̶ Slaine.

Good episode. It was nice to finally see Cruhteo use his brain. Saazbaum on the other hand, seems to have left hundreds of witnesses. I suppose they can pull the no one recognized the attacker stunt.

Rayet dropped some interesting truth bombs and insights about the inner workings of Vers society. Her character is growing on me.

I think everyone in that landing castle is dead. If not, Saazbaum can just say he knew that Cruhteo was a traitor and killed him. But that also opens another can of worms. All of these knights have very recognizable Kats.

Also, so glad I dropped Aldnoah.Zero.

you spare yourself the pain of having to deal with the show fucking over Slaine, and the NTR-chans from AnimeGAF longingly hoping for the tears. Somebody needs to take that image from the girl in Nozaki-kun and add "AnimeGAF" to her face somewhere.

Irregular At Magic High School 21

So we have the following couples that just need to do it already

Onii Sama and 90% of the cast in particular his sister, the student council president, the freshmen surfer girl, her quiet friend, and probably yandere younger sister who was introduced today

Colossus arms guy and stick/sword girl

Spirit guy and magic eye glasses boob girl

The random upper classmen dude and the traitor sword girl from the first arc

I know I'm forgetting some, but dang this show is ridiculous lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
you spare yourself the pain of having to deal with the show fucking over Slaine, and the NTR-chans from AnimeGAF longingly hoping for the tears. Somebody needs to take that image from the girl in Nozaki-kun and add "AnimeGAF" to her face somewhere.

She will just evolve into a Parasect apparently.

Aldnoah Zero 08

Well i don't understand too
MlQASHc.jpg

And yeah,please give Slaine a break

phaze

I think everyone in that landing castle is dead. If not, Saazbaum can just say he knew that Cruhteo was a traitor and killed him. But that also opens another can of worms. All of these knights have very recognizable Kats.

He damaged only one small part of it so I doubt that.

Those castles are terribly defended though. Inaho and his orange mech will solo them all.

I really do hope Slaine ends up with the Princess. I mean Inaho should just end up with Inko or Rayet. So please no with the bullshit of Inaho stealing the princess.

Link Man

Banned
Magimoji Rurumo 7

Legendary swimsuit? Hey, I remember that quest from Bravely Default!

Well, um, uh, Chet should be happy?

lol, boob-jiggling triggered Rurumo's memories? Mammary memory?

Well, technically it's not brother-sister, it just looks that way to everyone else.

Who wants to bet that this magical swimsuit ordeal ends with Rurumo being stripped on the beach?

iib3xWE2Q0RIZ.jpg

lol, the show can actually be clever if it tries.

Guys, I just figured out why I like the ED animation so much. It's basically an Elite Beat Agents scene!

Phatmac

Holy crap this is actually a fantastic episode! Easily the best if the whole series. They really did give Adachi the care that he deserves and decent reasons as to why he'd act that way. It also had a good fight that ended great with Yu beating the shit out of Adachi. I was really impressed.

Finalow

how is everyone dead if he just attacked a small part of it. which is stupid, huge super advanced castle and you have no defence at all against a single mech? "hey let's watch this guy and explain some obvious stuff to the viewers while he kills us/me" - that's also what Cruhteo was doing, instead of like, running or getting into his mech.
at least it was a nice sequence and I really liked the design of the new mech. I also like the ending.

reminder that Slaine will only suffer while Inaho will slowly slip into the princess skirt.

how is everyone dead if he just attacked a small part of it. which is stupid, huge super advanced castle and you have no defence at all against a single mech? "hey let's watch this guy and explain some obvious stuff to the viewers while he kills us/me" - that's also what Cruhteo was doing, instead of like, running or getting into his mech.
at least it was a nice sequence and I really liked the design of the new mech. I also like the ending.

reminder that Slaine will only suffer while Inaho will slowly slip into the princess skirt.

Naw fuck that Inaho has either Inko or Rayet.

TUSR

Banned
Mahouka 21

This is really being set up for S2 at this pace. The anime has boosted the LN sales so much its a possibility now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom