• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT2| Or, where Jexhius finally watches more Doremi for Hito.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 23
Orihime was goat character, too bad the dude seemed like a doormat. Also interesting discovery:

Ojamajo Doremi Dokka~n! 24

Holy Fuck. This episode was glorious ;__; based Nagamine.

Were the Ganguro gals at the beginning voiced by Mota and Motamota? The show has recycled VAs for extras before so I gotta ask.

I said this episode was awesome, I like how the stock footage has them in the Majoranger uniform.
u3WBrdv.jpg
That sentai music. Soreyuke! Majoranger and Commander Hana.

And it's funny you got almost the same screen grab I did for the Orihime episode.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Secret Anime - 2

This sure took an ominous turn. Usually the second episode of these kinds of shows explain how this kind of thing works to some degree. But more questions were raised than answers here. I wonder just what exactly went on back then...

But anyway, here's your first hint!

That you must decode. Get to work. :p

Remember, the hints get less and less subtle as I go on, and you get one guess per impression!

Code:
63 116 105 32 116 39 110 115 97 119 32 101 109 97 103 32 116 97 101 114 103 32 97 32 115 97 119 32 110 117 83 32 110 101 100 108 111 71
Is it death note?

Jesus with reviews like those who needs enemies lol

Fake Secret Anime 01

Things happened. Situations brought forth from actions of some gave away to different situations. Characters were talking, but also walking at points.

Is it death note?

Death Notes isn't a 12 episode anime is it?

Terror in Resonance.

Ok I laughed because I thought the same thing with the "are explained by now" bit

Terror in Resonance.

That's 11 episodes.

Fake Secret Anime 01

Things happened. Situations brought forth from actions of some gave away to different situations. Characters were talking, but also walking at points.

Hehe. No need to be scared. By the end of this I can guarantee that one of you will get the answer right. Soon I'll start to use certain keywords. Just keeping any kind of evidence that can possibly be deemed relevant in the hints right now.

I'm trying to get you to use your brains when narrowing the results down! I'm not just going to throw in obvious hints from the start like: "Voice actor X voices the main character" or something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Secret Anime - 2

This sure took an ominous turn. Usually the second episode of these kinds of shows explain how this kind of thing works to some degree. But more questions were raised than answers here. I wonder just what exactly went on back then...

Remember, the hints get less and less subtle as I go on, and you get one guess per impression!

Code:
63 116 105 32 116 39 110 115 97 119 32 101 109 97 103 32 116 97 101 114 103 32 97 32 115 97 119 32 110 117 83 32 110 101 100 108 111 71

I didn't know that LOST had an anime.

To illustrate what I was talking about earlier, here's a draft of the kind of post I'm putting together. What I'd really like is links to any great reviews or comments about shows from Gaffers, or any threads of resources that I've missed. Call out great reviews and comments written by Gaffers that I've forgotten about, lets try and showcase some of the best from the thread (e.g. someone get me the history of AnimeGAF posts please!)

So it turns out that pulling together online resources covering anime isn't that hard. What is proving difficult is digging up old, good reviews of anime that aren't my own (I tend to save links to my larger posts).

Neat.
Will read those impressions later.
But the GBF one first

10 posts in two hours? Is everyone asleep?

Hotel Dusk is pretty neato you guys

C3BU-2 confirmed?

Secret Anime - 2

Code:

I think I translated it but I'm confused.

And yes, it was great.

It is and the text is reversed.

Narag gets the idea. Now to see what he conclusion he can draw from it.

throw me a bone man, like a freaking "the female lead". I've played 20 questions before.

I'll certainly be throwing a lot more bones as I go on, don't worry. But I will say that the lead is female. That's all you get for now!

I think I translated it but it didn't say anything about anime at all.

And yes, it was a great game.

If you watched the anime that I'm watching and
played that game, you'll find that there is some small relation. Keep thinking!

Pupipo!

This is one really weird series. I'm not even sure where to begin. I liked a lot of what it did, and it's really not what I expected from a series with short 4min episodes, but goddamn, it was weird. It's the great kind of weird though. A coming of age story, with elements of yokai horror, mixed with a tale of friendship and love, ending in a big fantasy climax, and then... the story ties in a way which is unusually dark but yet childishly optimistic...? I can't say I've seen anything like this before, but it sure was enjoyable!

It's also really interesting to see how the show used the short-anime format to it's advantage. Instead of an episodic story, it's a linear narrative paced around core plot points in each episode, so everything moves very quickly without any filler. It's also clearly a fairly low budget series, but there's some pretty nice animation in the spots where it counts most, and the layout and direction makes the visuals more attractive than the norm even when there isn't a lot of animation. Pretty distinctive and memorable.

I definitely wouldn't have watched this without the recommendations of wonzo and hosanna, so thanks! Even after all the recommendations, I really didn't know quite what to expect from the show, and after watching it... I guess that reaction is normal. It's not really something that can be explained easily, but considering the fast pace and the short length, it's much easier for people to just watch it for themselves knowing that it's worthwhile. :)

Yay, you watched it! It's definitely a weird series, and one which is hard to explain. But I think it's better to not have it explained - the developments have that much more impact if you don't see them coming. And not in the "gotcha" twist kind of way, but simply in the expansion of scope to levels you would never guess from the simple beginnings. And it accomplishes all that in an hour. Great stuff.

Right now, the only people who could correctly guess the show I'm watching would be the people who actually watched the show and thought carefully about the hint.

so help me if it's that Atelier escha and logy show

The show I'm watching is also a show I haven't seen yet and it's not on my MAL. Keep thinking!

Syrinx

Narag gets the idea. Now to see what he conclusion he can draw from it.

I'll certainly be throwing a lot more bones as I go on, don't worry. But I will say that the lead is female. That's all you get for now!

If you watched the anime that I'm watching and
played that game, you'll find that there is some small relation. Keep thinking!

Danganronpa?

cajunator

Banned
Secret Anime - 2

Code:

12 episodes correct?

So I see, but it is one reason why I never indulged in such long form posting.

I havent the patience for posting this way.

duckroll

Yay, you watched it! It's definitely a weird series, and one which is hard to explain. But I think it's better to not have it explained - the developments have that much more impact if you don't see them coming. And not in the "gotcha" twist kind of way, but simply in the expansion of scope to levels you would never guess from the simple beginnings. And it accomplishes all that in an hour. Great stuff.

What I really liked about the show was how they kept introducing more and more stuff into the picture, which is pretty impressive for a short-form series like this. Lots of cool settings, characters, and ideas.

Next week, Shounen Hollywood!

Shergal

What I really liked about the show was how they kept introducing more and more stuff into the picture, which is pretty impressive for a short-form series like this. Lots of cool settings, characters, and ideas.

It was in episode 5, I think, where
they go into that weird afterlife train thing and then Po-chan grows legs and what the fuck.
Right there I knew it was going to be a ride.

Secret Anime - 2

Code:
I think I know the answer but I don't want to kill the fun. (Or do I.)

So much pressure! My guess is Humanity has Declined. If it's not that, it should be easy to narrow down after the next clue.

Nope!

I legit thought you figured it out there for a second. Nice to see that some people are thinking hard on this!

Try again after I watch the next episode tomorrow!

Gundam Build Fighters

Dear mech anime made in the past 5 years

You got blown out by an anime about mech toys

You have had worse stories, worse action, worse animation, worse emotion, and worse mech then this series

If you want to make a mech anime in the future, please watch Gundam Build Fighters and if you can't make something half as decent, don't even bother.

Sincerely,
A fan of mech anime

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters

Dear mech anime made in the past 5 years

You got blown out by an anime about mech toys

You have had worse stories, worse action, worse animation, worse emotion, and worse mech then this series

If you want to make a mech anime in the future, please watch Gundam Build Fighters and if you can't make something half as decent, don't even bother.

Sincerely,
A fan of mech anime

I hope you can understand why I want this series on Toonami one day.

RedSwirl

Okay hold the fuck up.

What is the general moral consensus of Goku deliberately withholding Super Saiyan 3 from Majin Vegeta and retreating from his fight with Fat Buu, despite admitting he could have actually beat him right then and there? Forget the "leaving it up to a new generation" thing, Buu would eventually go on to exterminate the fucking human race not long after Goku left.

MAYBE I could accept that using SS3 on Vegeta would have shortened his time on Earth to a point where he wouldn't be there to fight Buu at all. Otherwise, did the community ever really reconcile this decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom