• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Barakamon 11

You know what I thought initially
it was kind of fast for Sensei to realize he wants to go back to the island however that is something Sensei would do. I really did like when the island kids called him. He had a great reaction.

edit: How can I forget his
mom
. lol

I was planning to start watching Berserk (TV) for the first time, been hearing good things about it, especially the manga

At first glance the dub seems pretty good. For those who have seen it to the end, does it do its job or is sub the way to go as most of the cases?

Articalys

Man, today was just a terrible morning for anime overall. And tomorrow I have to deal with Baby Steps, Nozaki, and Haikyuu all ending at once, though at least I'm sure the latter of those has a second season all but confirmed.

JCG

I don't get this comparison, either.

It's a slightly forceful comparison, but I can sort of see what is meant by that.

I'd consider it a lesser version of Code Geass that's much closer to Gundam to begin with. Kind of like Valvrave, except trying to be darker (a la Guilty Crown) instead of more goofy.

Honestly, I maintain that Lelouch and Suzaku were both more interesting characters than Inaho and Slaine. Which is part of why Aldnoah Zero doesn't work as well for me.

Narag

I was planning to start watching Berserk (TV) for the first time, been hearing good things about it, especially the manga

At first glance the dub seems pretty good. For those who have seen it to the end, does it do its job or is sub the way to go as most of the cases?

Prefer the sub. Dub outtakes are hilarious though.

Aldnoah Zero 12
pRVsRDc.jpg

What the fuck was the Slaine's role supposed to be in this? He basically get the shit kicked out of the whole show and he saves the one person he knows for sure is trying to kill the Princess because reasons? Just god awful writing all around.

JCG

Slaine is better than Suzaku by a country mile.

Technically Slaine started out in a more sympathetic position within the narrative of Aldnoah Zero, since he wasn't a direct antagonist to Inaho and his merry band, but the guy has been on the suffering train all season long and now...well, this happens. I don't think his latest actions earn him any points. I guess season two could make use of that as grounds for development and make him far more interesting, but that's speculation.

Suzaku played a role where it was easier for some to hate him, as a foil and clear obstacle in Lelouch's path, but I maintain he was more fleshed out.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
That probably depends on how Season 2 goes. Personally I always saw it as, say it with me now, Diet Code Geass.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

No.

You have to be able to write a competent character to go that route. Everything that would have made Slain that character was placed inside Inaho. Like I said earlier though, I think the writer is going to try anyways and I'd only watch the second season to see how miserably off the mark it is.

No.

You have to be able to write a competent character to go that route. Everything that would have made Slain that character was placed inside Inaho. Like I said earlier though, I think the writer is going to try anyways and I'd only watch the second season to see how miserably off the mark it is.
There's no doubt Slaine will be the MC of second season. I'm curious to see what direction they go with this.

I don't trust the writer enough to make me believe in Slaine though after this.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA

No.

Yea, that was what the diet part was about.

That probably depends on how Season 2 goes. Personally I always saw it as, say it with me now, Diet Code Geass.

Code Geass had the cliffhangers, the elaborate plans, the twists and "shocking moments", the mechas, and later the "going off the rails and crashing spectacularly" that everyone remembers, and that you are associating with AZ. But let's not forget it has much more interesting and memorable characters in Lelouch and Suzaku, way more than Inaho and Slaine, and supported too with a much better secondaries than AZ's secondary characters, and before reaching the final of season1 (and most of season 2), it had a good amount of episodes with interesting writing put in-between the crazy hijinks of some episodes and non-stupid characters with entertaining moments and enjoyable plot twists.

JCG

Code Geass had the cliffhangers, the elaborate plans, the twists and "shocking moments", the mechas, and later the "going off the rails and crashing spectacularly" that everyone remembers, and that you are associating with AZ. But let's not forget it has much more interesting and memorable characters in Lelouch and Suzaku, way more than Inaho and Slaine, and supported too with a much better secondaries than AZ's secondary characters, and before reaching the final of season1 (and most of season 2), it had a good amount of episodes with interesting writing put in-between the crazy hijinks of some episodes and non-stupid characters with entertaining moments and enjoyable plot twists.

That's a fair description, although I'd say the cliffhanger of season one was better set up precisely because of the dynamics between those characters and the ending of season two is legitimately great, since it ties together the main themes they were aiming for. Which is more or less the opposite of crashing. They either changed or didn't plan out several details in between, which is an undeniable problem for those who put an emphasis on plot, but the end is a big positive in my book.

AZ could potentially have smoother sailing after this point, you never know, but I hope they make me care more about the main cast in the process or else it will be all for nothing.

Linkark07

Banned
Slaine confirmed to be main villain of season 2?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Princess survives, or is revived by Slaine.

Ryuuroden

Yeah the characters in Code Geass were awesome, very fun. I rate the AZ characters as even worse and poorly fleshed than the ones from Guilty Crown and that takes a LOT to do. I enjoyed all the characters in Code Geass including the ones I hated. I did not enjoy any of the AZ characters at all.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Barakamon Episode 11:

So we have reached the penultimate episode of the series and it really is one of the highlights in an already Top 10 series. A true culmination of a lot of what the series has building towards all these many episodes. Also Handa's family is just as insane as he is. He is one anime title that didn't shit the bed today.

Captain Earth 25 end

Awful final arc to a half of a show that was actually entertaining and fun. If it had stayed boys flirting with other than the ending would have no doubt been better. Best episode was when they were in the desert place facing off against machines as they wanted to reach Australia or so. I also loved the AU episode this season too, it was really thoughtful. Additionally the whole thing to entangle link and Daichi accepting the captain mentality was great too. I guess overall I liked many aspects to it. Its just the plot just felt like it collapsed at the run to the ending.

Puck was just a terrible entity. 7/10.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Giant Robo ep3

It's running into some of the more annoying tropes of the genre
i.e. how Professor Go & Co. refuse to tell Daisaku anything which keeps coming back and hurting them
but godammit it's still awesome

Fate/Zero - 22

First of all, Rider still proves to be the best in this show.

Second of all, WAT.

So Iri is dead now, and she's inside the Holy Grail? What the hell was up with those last 5 minutes? That looked like something one'd see out of Evangelion or something.

Final battles start soon, and this show is looking like it's going to go in a VERY strange direction.

Dynedom

Captain Erf - Fin

Cool. Haha, fucking Bones. They even aped
the bride-carry kiss
from Eureka 7 into this. Lots of explosions. Looked nice. Plot had lulz.
Could have gotten used to white hair PLOT Hana

I wonder if we'll see a follow-up episode / OVA considering
Amara just left
we still haven't resolved the all-important love drama of
Kube and assistant-tan
!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom