• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. Still, that's really neat! There's a lot of great films in there. It's a DVD collection, right? There's a lot of stuff in there I'd love on Blu-Ray.

Yeah. There's almost no anime released in Scandinavia on Blu-ray at all. Not that there's a lot of anime released besides Ghibli anyway...

TUSR

Banned
There's issues sometimes specifically with the app where the stream is shit. Whenever Samurai Flamenco would come out, and sometimes even Onii-sama, I'd have to watch it in the website because the ps4 app was super pixelated or wouldn't load.
It looks like I'm watching a VHS tape.

This is unacceptable for when Onii-sama graces my monitor.

cajunator

Banned
Bought some anime today:

those are interesting collections. Especially together like that.

Wow, I had no idea that Australia (is that where they're from?) had a collection like that. That's really neat! Looks like it's using the same kind of case that NISA's release of Cardcaptor Sakura. Can't say I'm super fond of that sort of case.

I have a Super Gals collection with the same case. Im not super enthused with the case for CCS but CCS blurays were my holy grail and now its mine.

jbug617

Banned
New stuff

wZCGPT7.jpg

0YcrcvP.jpg

ECcbDUh.jpg

M8VA6aq.jpg

zulux21

aldnoah 12

so much stupid in this episode @_@
we need an idea for the last boss....
LETS JUST MAKE HIM ALL THE OTHER BOSSES IN ONE!

now he is to powerful
uh.... when he shoots his arms he makes it so his defense doesn't work.
while logical why would he bother to have that then?
who cares it's awesome.

why would he shoot his arms when he is next to mr emotionless?
uh fine... knock him through the deck and we will shoot at someone else?
but he should be destroyed when that happens everyone else is
the audience won't care or notice.

the attack is working how should we finish this to make it epic..
FIST FIGHT!!!!!!
that makes no...
FIST FIGHT!!!!!

and on the other hand
slaine... the count wants to kill the princess I know this but I must go save him..
WHAT!? THE COUNT KILLED THE PRINCESS DIE YOU BASTARD!!!!!!!!!

at least mr emotionless seems to have finally died... but I am expecting some sort of healing chamber like the sarcophagus from stargate to heal them both. at the start of next season... thus this is likely it for me,
the show just got to dumb for me to bother continuing with it so I likely won't watch next season ><:

Defuser

Aldnoah Zero ep 12 END
WHAT . THE . FUCK . IS . THIS . SHIT?

You fucking dun goof Slaine.

And Inaho despite fucking OP managed to beat the crap out of Saazbum *puts on sunglasses* got slained YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Jesus, how many times is Asseylum gonna die? I think I should call her Princess Schrödinger.

Man fuck this show. Fuck Takayama Katsuhiko.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Aldnoah Zero you bitch

(/ .&#9633;.)\ &#65077;&#9584;(&#12444;&#1044;&#12444;)&#9583;&#65077; /(.&#9633;. \)

I can't.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm not supposed to be laughing at the end of Aldnoah right? What was the point? Where are they even going to go from here?

Ryuuroden

AHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHHA AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHA HOLYFUCK

Aldnoah just surpassed Guilty Crown as worst high production value show EVER. oh man, this this show is just soo fucking bad it makes me furious. I am glad I totally didn't invest shit in it from episode 1 since I saw right away it was going to Guilty Crown itself but FUCK even I didn't see it going this bad ahahhahahhahhahhhahh. I don't know what the fuck to say.

Its like they combined School Days and Guilty Crown into an epic clusterfuck of badness.

I need my Onii-san to clear this bad taste out of my mouth, Mahouka here I come, Save me Onii-san, your my only hope.

Clov

Yeah. There's almost no anime released in Scandinavia on Blu-ray at all. Not that there's a lot of anime released besides Ghibli anyway...

Yeah, I've read that anime on Blu Ray doesn't sell well in parts of Europe, so a lot of companies don't bother. It's too bad, really.

All these Aldonoah impressions. Do we have this year's Valvrave? With Urobuchi as the creator as well?

I'll probably start it and see for myself sometime before S2 starts in...January, was it? It certainly can't be that bad.

Happiness is not this series' strong point.

Well, I didn't expect much happiness to begin with! Still doesn't not make it sad though.

I've really been enjoying Fate/Zero. Although I loved Madoka, that was more a
slow and painful descent into misery, unpleasantness, and despair.
I thought I'd be getting the same thing with Fate/Zero, but instead I got an action-packed, fun ride from episode 2 and onwards!

Theonik

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun 11
Less hilarious than the rest. still funny I guess.
The girls talk transformation was nice.
We need more Seo.

Midonin

Captain Earth 25 + Final Thoughts

I got into it a little late in the game, but I enjoyed it. The Shakespearean references added some flavor to the story, and I liked having a robot series that was more super robot-like and wasn't necessarily about a war. Even the Planetary Gears were largely sympathetic figures in the end. Plus it gave me Akari and the belly button forte, and for that, I am forever grateful. The pacing was a little slow at times, but I liked the characters, I liked the tone, and though it's not the only mecha holdover from last season, it's the one that comes closest to what I'm looking for in a mecha series. I just wish Akari had gotten a robot of her own, too. Magical girls and mecha need to go together more often.

cajunator

Banned
All these Aldonoah impressions. Do we have this year's Valvrave? With Urobuchi as the creator as well?

I'll probably start it and see for myself sometime before S2 starts in...January, was it? It certainly can't be that bad.

Well, I didn't expect much happiness to begin with! Still doesn't not make it sad though.

I've really been enjoying Fate/Zero. Although I loved Madoka, that was more a
slow and painful descent into misery, unpleasantness, and despair.
I thought I'd be getting the same thing with Fate/Zero, but instead I got an action-packed, fun ride from episode 2 and onwards!

Fate Zero is everything that Fate Stay Night wasnt.

Aldnoah - 12

I don't really have anything to add to the tone of the current discussion but feel the need to say that I saw this thing too. Don't make the same mistake I did.

On the bright side :

mmpr-megazord-o.gif

Fate Zero is everything that Fate Stay Night wasnt.

I know about the horrible anime series, but wasn't there a movie on /Stay Night called unlimited blade works? Is that any good?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out that it's apparently a clip show of some sorts. In other words, pretty much the same as the other Stay Night.

Also, what about the new one Ufotable is doing that airs soon? Does that one look to be any goodl?

Ryuuroden

YAY, ONII-SAN SAVED MY SANITY, faith in doing bad shit the right way restored, Long live Mahouka, Down with Alnoah, may it burn in hell forever. Onii-san is jesus!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Mahouka 25

That just happened. Wut. So not only can he
revive himself but he can also revive other people. Wut.
. This episode was hella gimped. Fucking B-crew got screwed on action. Last episode was better. How is this shit the weakest episode?

rrvv

Didn't he only write the first three eps?

I think he did last one too. but could be wrong.

it fit with his usual fashion thought. "I am going to kill everyone favorite character!!"

whether those 2 is favorite character is YMMV

I'm pretty sure he did, but I think MAL lists him as the original creator as well.

Urobuchi wrote the original draft of the story that Takayama altered into the composition of how the episodes would be aranged. Urobuchi then wrote the scripts for the first three episodes while Takayama wrote the rest of the first season. The original creator is listed as "Olympus Knights" and I can't find who is in that group.

(Personally, I'd credit Iwakami as original creator since he was the one who asked Urobuchi to write a robot series and Ooki to direct it.)

Ryuuroden

Why come all the hate for Aldnoah?
Everyone hated the main dude, and now Slaine will be the main character, probably.

I hate all the characters in Aldnoah, I said from day one this shit was going to go all Guilty Crown on us and fuck it if it didnt exceed my expectations and do even worse. I DIDn't think such a thing was possible. We have a whole new metric stick of badness now!

wow Aldnoah S1 ending is more stupid than Valvrave S1 ending

they finally outdone Sunrise!

AHAHHHAHAAHHAHAHHA AHAHAHHAHHHAHAHHA HOLYFUCK

Aldnoah just surpassed Guilty Crown as worst high production value show EVER. oh man, this this show is just soo fucking bad it makes me furious. I am glad I totally didn't invest shit in it from episode 1 since I saw right away it was going to Guilty Crown itself but FUCK even I didn't see it going this bad ahahhahahhahhahhhahh. I don't know what the fuck to say.

Its like they combined School Days and Guilty Crown into an epic clusterfuck of badness.

I need my Onii-san to clear this bad taste out of my mouth, Mahouka here I come, Save me Onii-san, your my only hope.

Aldnoah 12

This show is written by this guy
iXzOAfkn84uI0.gif

Slaine is Mikorin.

FUCK YEAH

Aldnoah Zero you bitch

(/ .&#9633;.)\ &#65077;&#9584;(&#12444;&#1044;&#12444;)&#9583;&#65077; /(.&#9633;. \)

I can't.

Aldnoah Zero ep 12

sk3Wt9w.gif

Aldnoah Zero ep 12 END
WHAT . THE . FUCK . IS . THIS . SHIT?

Man fuck this show. Fuck Takayama Katsuhiko.

aldnoah 12

so much stupid in this episode @_@

the show just got to dumb for me to bother continuing with it so I likely won't watch next season ><:

Aldnoah - 12

I don't really have anything to add to the tone of the current discussion but feel the need to say that I saw this thing too. Don't make the same mistake I did.

o1UNa.gif

duckroll

Ei Aoki is the greatest director of all time. I feel so vindicated. I'm just going to lie back and let his infinite grace wash over me. SOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

Mokoi

Banned
I'm sure someone here may want this
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=894509.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~ -- MB-EAA24A4C89EF19FC - Taken by Narag. 4 entrants total.
generic animu keyshit

t1411249414z1.png

santeesioux

I hate all the characters in Aldnoah, I said from day one this shit was going to go all Guilty Crown on us and fuck it if it didnt exceed my expectations and do even worse. I DIDn't think such a thing was possible. We have a whole new metric stick of badness now!

I guess i just liked the pure stupid insanity of Valvrave, so more of that is just fine by me, lol.

Narag

I know about the horrible anime series, but wasn't there a movie on /Stay Night called unlimited blade works? Is that any good?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just found out that it's apparently a clip show of some sorts. In other words, pretty much the same as the other Stay Night.

Also, what about the new one Ufotable is doing that airs soon? Does that one look to be any goodl?

ahah no UBW is its own thing. Movie requires knowledge of the first route to be coherent but it diverges quite a bit.

cajunator

Banned

Apparently it will be a different route than the one FSN was originally based on, plus a more capable studio. Could be pretty good.

Ryuuroden

I guess i just liked the pure stupid insanity of Valvrave, so more of that is just fine by me, lol.

Valvrave was kinda fun stupid like it was bad but you could enjoy it. Aldnoah is stupid un-enjoyable bad. And Mahouka is genius bad like I watch it, I know its bad, its pure daytime soap opera but I fucking love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom