• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer 2014 Anime |OT3| where everyone watches doremi for hito

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

Ukyo's the only girl in the Ranma harem who isn't actively awful on some level.

That said, Nabiki outclasses them all.

nabiki is a horrible person...
but alas she would likely be my second favorite girl as while she is a horrible person I respect her cons and she is a good source of comedy when she is used correctly.

zulux21

how is it we are days away from the new anime season starting and neither anidb or mal seem to know when Donten ni Warau will be airing aside from oct o_O;

madp

The Light of El Cantare
how is it we are days away from the new anime season starting and neither anidb or mal seem to know when Donten ni Warau will be airing aside from oct o_O;

There's always a phantom anime in every seasonal chart just to fuck with everyone.

Fucking Christ. Someone wrote up the first two episodes of Cross Ange, as they were at the premiere. Shit sounds worse in context.

irisinabottle.kinja.com/cross-ange-...lusive-episode-1-1638457731?rev=1411537491933

I can't

How did nobody put the brakes on this?

My Arrested Development anime is finally going to happen
ptSYaQT.png

zulux21

Fucking Christ. Someone wrote up the first two episodes of Cross Ange, as they were at the premiere. Shit sounds worse in context.

irisinabottle.kinja.com/cross-ange-...lusive-episode-1-1638457731?rev=1411537491933

I can't

im suddenly liking my odds with this season's anime pick game I play as my wife chose this show as her third pick :p

either way I will still check out the first episode with her to see exactly how bad it is lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I can't

I love that the writer goes on a tirade against the
anal rape scene
but then immediately proceeds to implore readers to give an allegedly incestuous pedophile character the benefit of the doubt because, according to her, it simply imparts "character" and totally isn't meant to titillate the viewer at all unlike all of the other depraved content in the show. lol

Dresden

Articalys

Let's just start the Fall season thread now so all this stuff can be isolated in its proper place.

(but really though, when is the next thread going to start)

jman2050

Has the mecha genre become so stagnant that the only way to inject some sort of "style" (lol) into your work is to include awkward and out-of-place scenes of gruesome sexual assault?

I mean using rape as a convenient plot device nowadays is so old hat that its use borders on parody even in ostensibly serious works, are anime writers really this tone deaf?
This is a rhetorical question, I know the answer all too well.

Syrinx

Servant x Service 7-10

Show really hit its stride. The Yamagami x Takebe relationship is so much better and more fun to watch than the Takanasho x Inami relationship from Working!!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Crest of the Stars Episode 7:

When you play the game of thrones, you play to win or you die. I have to say that Lafel is growing on me with each passing episode, really, she is the main character in this show since it her actions that are driving the plot, her actions have the agency and her actions have the profound consequences. Shame her love interest is such a pile of useless flesh wrapped up in a terrible haircut that they even acknowledge it in-unverise. I hate that by the way, just because you know he is a plank of wood does not make this better.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I hope Tomino goes back to his murderous ways just so I can feel something other than shame for my favorite genre.

Tomino's propensity for killing off characters isn't exactly a strong point for Gundam because, more often than not, he uses it as a way to artificially induce drama or because it's a convenient way to dodge having to produce a satisfying climax for a character's arc. The "Kill em All Tomino" persona that's built up because of his favorite plot device just obscures the fact he repeatedly relies on exploiting emotional attachments.

Only way G-Reco will be good is if it's chill, King Gainer Tomino. Otherwise it's just going to be ZZ Gundam all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom