• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after Jex's impressions I think I won't even give Gansta a try. Kinda already lost all interest when I heard it's really mostly generic battle shonen stuff.

sonicmj1

Gangsta 1

In theory I'd like more shows with an unusual setting and adult protagonists to exist. So that's nice. But it just feels bland, boring as the manilla walls of the monotonous alleys of the city. It plays up the "adult" vibe with the sex and violence, but it doesn't treat the events with either gravity or levity. So in the end, you end up with something that's both frivolous and not fun.

gyTWbGL.jpg

Not sure I really need to stick around for more.

Jex

RealityIsBrown.jpg

I never hoped for anything super good with this anime.First clue: It's called "Gangsta" , uggh.

Second clue: the promo art is something like this:

Edgy crime main characters with crooked smiles, eyepatches, dressing in black and with a pistol and a katana as their "visual signature".

I still will apply the 3-ep rule, and I prefer something more... serious and realistic than another moe-fanservice anime, but that doesn't mean this is going to be good.

I didn't have any expectations for the show going in but, nevertheless it managed to disappoint me. Its impressive.

Mitch

Banned
Was hoping Gangsta would get more praise. I'll still check it out to see if it's worth keeping up with.

I'm about halfway through Michiko & Hatchin, and so far it's been one wild ride.

I didn't have any expectations for the show going in but, nevertheless it managed to disappoint me. Its impressive.

Is there any explanation of why the katana guy has an frigging katana? I think they have American names and I suppose they live in a fictional American city (or at least in the Western world).

Not that the characters and setting being Japanese would turn it itno something logical and plausible, lol. I doubt there is a lot of katana fights in real life asian thugs and mobsters in the present.

Who am I kidding asking this. I know the real answer:
rule of cool

edit:

I like how he decides to rotate after the jump

Spinzaku has a rival??

Arcadius

Banned
Your welcome.

Its great to be positive.

Yes, yes it is!

No problem pal

Code:
Adorable Gif

=)

*hugglypenguinsqueezyglomps

You're cuteness is evolving, don't stop!

i dunno what I did but you're welcome

Code:
Thank you.gif

For what though brotha?

Aha...couple days ago, that's all.

No problem!

You're welcome!

Big squeezing hugs to all of you *squeezehug*

Just dropping by to tell you to watch Ojamajo Doremi.

Now I'll head off and witness the goings-on of the thread from a safe distance.

I'll be watching this some time this year, for sure.

They need to rerelease Full Moon first and make up for what they did before!

See Arcy knows!
Heck yes I do. I see Viz and *grrrrr*.... I'm like the bear from Yuri Kuma Arashi... imagine that sound... *grrrrr*

jgminto

Before this season started I was expecting Gangsta to have the biggest drop in quality this season, but I don't know if looking terrible first episode in counts. This is Manglobe though and after seeing the depths of SamFlam, it might still be possible for it to have the biggest drop in quality.

Gangsta 1

I'm digging this. The OP was cool and catchy. First reaction, blonde guy's personality is totally different from what I thought lol. Also the other dude is
deaf and uses sign language to communicate
which I think is actually pretty interesting and different. I liked how at the end,
he spoke to cop in a broken way since he is deaf after all
. Really strong start, I guess some people might have not liked it, but I dig it. I'm not a huge fan of shounen but this seems to take the genre on a different spin with the underworld, mafia, drugs, money and sex. Only watched 1 episode and still have a bunch of other shows on my list for this season, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was my AOTS. That is, if they keep up the quality, animation wise it could be better, but I am enjoying the story.

Mitch

Banned
Before this season started I was expecting Gangsta to have the biggest drop in quality this season, but I don't know if looking terrible first episode in counts. This is Manglobe though and after seeing the depths of SamFlam, it might still be possible for it to have the biggest drop in quality.
That's disappointing. Aside from Dragonball Super, I really don't have much else to watch this season.

Is there any explanation of why the katana guy has an frigging katana? I think they have American names and I suppose they live in a fictional American city (or at least in the Western world).

Not that the characters and setting being Japanese would turn it itno something logical and plausible, lol. I doubt there is a lot of katana fights in real life asian thugs and mobsters in the present.

Who am I kidding asking this. I know the real answer:
rule of cool

Because Glorious Nippon Steel > Filty American guns.

1390154410527.gif

Where can I watch this show? I kinda like the whole "everything is a brick wall" aesthetic that's going on.

Jex

I like how he decides to rotate after the jump

I've gone back to check out the manga and the scene is actually slightly different there. It doesn't feature the spinzaku and it actually makes sense. The way they translated the manga frames into anime completely destroys the logic of the scene.

cajunator

Banned
I literally just watched that same video trying to find the other noise they make, not gau gau (which is mega cute), but when they're hungry and there teeth are grinding, ahaha. Love this video though... Gau gau... Gau gauuu. =)

Yeah I know the sound but I cant find a video either

Akito the Exiled 3
This is more proof that Geass without Lelouch is dull and uninspired, but thankfully he was there to save the 2nd half. This spinoff is still really underwhelming though. Now to wait 2 years for the next episode.

cajunator

Banned
I literally just watched that same video trying to find the other noise they make, not gau gau (which is mega cute), but when they're hungry and there teeth are grinding, ahaha. Love this video though... Gau gau... Gau gauuu. =)

Gau gau reminds me of what Misuzu says in AIR "Gao Gao"
I actually have the stegosaurus shirt lol.

Well aslong as you know about it, that's how I am when I hear viz.... grrrr

Yes they very much make me angry like a cute bear.

Arcadius

Banned
Gau gau reminds me of what Misuzu says in AIR "Gao Gao"
I actually have the stegosaurus shirt lol.

Yes they very much make me angry like a cute bear.

Well AIR just shot to the near top of my list now, it seems like all KEY produced things have cute words being said with certain girls. Auu, uguu, Gao gao... that's too much cute.

That must be an amazing shirt and yes, angry like a cute bear.

fertygo

Akito the Exiled 3
This is more proof that Geass without Lelouch is dull and uninspired, but thankfully he was there to save the 2nd half. This spinoff is still really underwhelming though. Now to wait 2 years for the next episode.

Eh I rather liked the melancholic tone, but man.. wish its regular TV Show.

Arcadius

Banned
Seemed like a slice of life but then there was that really spooky poster that someone put up on the previous OT, and the trailers make it seem like the kids have some kind of power? One thing is for sure:

i-can-already-see-the-ending.png

Yeah some of the earlier art that came up seemed slice of life like, but the PV had a lot more going on. Hopefully it's good!

Baselieus, this is true, Jun Maeda is involved so more isn't needed, hehe.

Still have no real clue as to what this show is really going to be about, but I'll still give it a shot.

As it is with most original anime and their PVs. The synopsis of the show though gives a decent idea of what it's about:

Special abilities occur among a small percentage of boys and girls in puberty. Yū Otosaka uses his power without others knowing, and lives a fairly normal, average school life. Before him suddenly appears a girl, Nao Tomori. Due to his meeting with her, the fate of special power-users will be exposed.

Apparently the MC is also a narcissistic jerk because of his powers and thinks no one can touch him. Which should make him interesting to watch.

I really cant figure it out either.
Guess it will be a big surprise.

Usually going in somewhat unknowing how everything is going to play out makes it somehow all the more exciting. :)

It's in the OP bro

For the record, you put PV1 and thought you literally put PV1 in the link. Not PV3. My bad for not clicking it. Now I feel embarrassed...

Want me to be honest? No idea who this is and I know I'm going to be shunned for it. I'm not good with names. Even my own name is complicated, hence my GAF username ahaha. What should I know about him?

He wrote the stories and music for Air, Kanon, Clannad, Angel Beats and Little Busters.

Want me to be honest? No idea who this is and I know I'm going to be shunned for it. I'm not good with names. Even my own name is complicated, hence my GAF username ahaha. What should I know about him?

He's Key's main writer and responsible for Clannad, Kanon, Angel Beats, Air, and Little Busters.

Arcadius

Banned
OK then this is gonna be good in my books. Sign me up!

Right? It'll probably be hard hitting in the feels too, but I sort of hope it won't be that bad =(.

I haven't seen most of the Key stuff, but are all they all emotional, aside from Kanon, AIR and Clannad of course.

e_i

So, I guess LWA 2 backers will get there digital reward tomorrow night. They did say that the digital version would premiere alongside the screening, which is tomorrow night (9 pmish).

Haha, I see that the LWA 2 premieres at the same time as the dub premiere for Sailor Moon Crystal. Fans won't know where/what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom