• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent heard of that anime at all. What stream shows that (Funi?, Crunchy?). Is that one good? Sorry I can't keep up this thread since I have to read 10+ pages when I come back here.

It's basically 100% old school shonen, it's well liked and you can find it on Crunchyroll. Check it out!

It's about this boy who releases a demon by accident, together with that demon he solves "monster of the week" style problems. An overarching plot is probably coming up later.

It's basically 100% old school shonen, it's well liked and you can find it on Crunchyroll. Check it out!

It's about this boy who releases a demon by accident, together with that demon he solves "monster of the week" style problems. An overarching plot is probably coming up later.
Sweet thanks for the recommendation. I'll put that on the usual "three episodes before judgment list" then decide whether to continue watching that. I can deal with that monster of the week style anime, after all I liked and finished that Senpai anime.

phaze

I'm not usually one to enjoy a slow burn melancholic show with heavy symbolism and David Lynch-like abstract writing/directing. But I'll be damned if Texhnolyze didn't win me over. What starts out as a tough to appreciate first episode where no dialogue is spoken for half if not more of the episode, ended up being a poignant story about cyborn enhancements and what it means to be human.

If you decide to watch it I can't stress enough that even if you watch it dubbed so much is told to the audience through the actual visuals it's not something you should background watch.

Better keep your eye on it
hgIekJz.gif

Texhnolyze gets 9.5/10. And the Woof seal of approval.

Onishii da best indeed.
Which is why I've run out of tears by the time 22 rolled in. lol

Kinda surprised as I thought Texh had the least chance to earn your approval but glad you found something you liked to this extent among the three.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 01

Where Mushi-shi are exposed as vengeful, sake crazed cultists.

Monster Musume 03-05
Curse you my morbid curiosity.

Suu>>>Miya>>>>Typhus>>>Rest of trash.

Black Hat

Gintama 283

Gintama is way too OP... truly operates on a different level.

YBCbeHy.png

So good... plus
Zura
is back... and
the Shogun too!!!!

AMEN-DESU!

fertygo

Sweet thanks for the recommendation. I'll put that on the usual "three episodes before judgment list" then decide whether to continue watching that. I can deal with that monster of the week style anime, after all I liked and finished that Senpai anime.

I currently marathoning StB, Scratching that dumb chuuni harem itch.. Waifus is top kek, so many scene with stupid ass chromatic aberration filter, why the fuck they do that.

Onishii da best indeed.
Which is why I've run out of tears by the time 22 rolled in. lol

Kinda surprised as I thought Texh had the least chance to earn your approval but glad you found something you liked to this extent among the three.

Mushishi Zoku Shou 01

Where Mushi-shi are exposed as vengeful, sake crazed cultists.

Monster Musume 03-05
Curse you my morbid curiosity.

Suu>>>Miya>>>>Typhus>>>Rest of trash.
Serial experiment lain had a chance but the message of social media/Internet shut ins has been done to death and then it just got weird and I didn't have the energy to try and make sense of anything. So dated and confusing.

Samurai show had potential but half of the time I wanted the episodes to end because it was so grotesque in its presentation, story and design I only enjoyed how out there it was. I was also terrified of that rapey old man.

But I'm with you I thought I wouldn't enjoy this but the gangster/mob aspect kept me hooked early on. I love most things with mobsters. Except gangsta and that shitty harem show everybody here always argues about Wailua. With the blonde girl.

fertygo

Shirobako's great but Mizushima undoubtedly gonna get his hand on another original work again, so I'm not sad.. the whole series is quite conclusive too.

RIN-NE Episode 18 – Kain the Shirushigami

Good start to a multiepisode arc. Having everyone work together for Rinne was something that I really wanted to happen, and also to involve his father again (second best antagonist). Kain is a bit dull but at least looks nice.

Gintama - 283

Gintama continues being on a roll, that was yet another hilarious episode. I think my sides died a few times.

Shogun episodes have yet to dissapoint. And the face game was strong this episode:

Hot damn those reaction faces, it seems Namco Bandai Pictures are on a roll.

Cornbread78

I just wasted the pat 1 1/2 hours running a proposal for work, just for it to error out and not auto-save my work.. I have to start from scratch now.....

dammit, This is me right now...

tumblr_ndoi1lJXOK1r2pvg2o1_r1_500.gif

Sky Wizards Academy Episode 5 Key to Victory
CLqUB0rUkAA2--K.png
CLqU_8cXAAA4zL1.png

Good kanata scenes, and Gladius is a must have.

Moving on to a serious event instead of the typical Lecty, Misora stuff will make the series feel a bit better. Hope it can be exciting.

javac

I found this interesting. I had a look at Geoffrey Wexler's linkedin and found some info which looks really interesting. In case you don't know who he is:
Geoffrey Wexler
I get things done at the International Division at Studio Ghibli. My work includes:

> negotiations for distribution of Studio Ghibli’s films, music and publications worldwide,

> production of English-language versions of the Studio’s films,

> acquisition of story and music rights, and

> support of the Studio’s various international initiatives.

I am the producer of the English-language versions of Goro Miyazaki's “From Up on Poppy Hill” (2011), Hayao Miyazaki’s “The Wind Rises” (2013) and Isao Takahata’s “The Tale of The Princess Kaguya” (2013), and will produce the English-language versions of Hiromasa Yonebayashi's "When Marnie Was There" (2014) and Goro Miyazaki's "Ronja, the Robber's Daughter" (2014-15).
Now the interesting bits:

Producer, English-language Dub, "Ronja, the Robber's Daughter"
Starting January 2014

26-episode television series of the novel by Astrid Lindgren ("Pippi Longstocking"), directed by Goro Miyazaki for NHK, now being broadcast on NHK in Japan (from October 2014). My team at Studio Ghibli manages worldwide distribution in collaboration with Saltkråkan, The Astrid Lindgren Company.

Team members:
Geoffrey Wexler, Tetsu Shinagawa, Taro Goto, David Freedman, Nobuo Kawakami, Michiko Nagai

Producer, English-language Dub, "Only Yesterday"
Starting February 2015

Team members:
Geoffrey Wexler, James Hubbert, Ian MacDougall, Jamie Simone, David Freedman, James Lafferty, Evan Ma, Dawn Hershey, CSA, Penelope Glass
https://jp.linkedin.com/in/geoffreywexler

So Only Yesterday and Ronja dub.

javac

Yamato 02

Okay yeah now I am sold. I mean I saw "space battleship" on the title, but for the Yamato to literally look like a sea battleship that can travel in space, that's just awesome. Gonna keep going!

Durarara X2 17

Not too much too say about this one. Mikado and Aoba's relationship gets some needed detail which is nice. I'm also happy to see Ruri reappear again. Her's is one of the more intriguing side stories in my opinion.

Fox318

Aoharu x Machinegun

This is a really odd show.

Why doesn't she just say she is a girl in the beginning?

Is DTL watching this?

MSMrRound

Sore ga Seiyuu 05

So not only did this episode feature a cameo by Horie Yui (Persona 4's Satonaka Chie) as herself, the animation used for the ending song was also pretty much a parody of Tales Of series game openings done by the one of the Tales of game designer.

This show is so meta. It's not Shirobako level yet, but it's pretty good.

Cornbread78

Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) S1 ep.1-END:
Ok, so I wanted to clear something else off my MAL backlog, so I marathoned through this one the past couple days. I thought it sounded interesting, but unfortunately, there was nothing really redeeming to spending all that time watching it. It was mild drama, no romance, mild comedy, etc.The fan service with little sis was annoying as hell, but thankfully, it was only at a few spots, but still not needed. Oh well, I the synopsis sounded really interesting but I guess the execution was average.

JulianImp

Yeah, looking at their message it looks like we won't be getting it right away. Hopefully it doesn't take them too long to begin adding the episodes.

While our discussion on NGNL is already over, every now and then I get its opening on my anime youtube playlist and am reminded of how good it was. I also remember that it did something interesting by actually integrating the ending with a particular plot point when
Sora was erased from existence after betting it and losing

lol no.3 and 4
http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/08/the-best-of-director-mizushima-tsutomu/

Anime Portal conducted a poll to ask Mizushima Tsutomu fans what they considered to be his best series. The poll received over 2,500 votes.

1.Shirobako (490 votes)
2.Girls und Panzer (400)
3.Another (302)
4.Blood-C (239)
5.Prison School (217)
6.Kemeko DX! (165)
7.Haré+Guu (119)
8.Ookiku Furikabutte (102)
9.Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (98)
10.Witch Craft Works (94)
11.Joshiraku (83)
12.Daimahou Touge (OVA) (71)
13.Shinryaku! Ika Musume (64)
14.Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (OVA) (43)
15.Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Eikou no Yakiniku Road (Film) (36)
16.xxxHOLiC (33)
17.Genshiken Nidaime (21)
18.Kujibiki Unbalance (2006 series) (12)

Mandelbo

Non Non Biyori S2 05

All of those disasters happening to Koma can't have just been coincidence, surely! Truly, the world was out to get her this episode.
I have no idea why this line made me laugh as much as it did. Perhaps it's that Renge has taken for a fact that the world wants to see Koma miserable.

lol no.3 and 4
http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/08/the-best-of-director-mizushima-tsutomu/

Anime Portal conducted a poll to ask Mizushima Tsutomu fans what they considered to be his best series. The poll received over 2,500 votes.

1.Shirobako (490 votes)
2.Girls und Panzer (400)
3.Another (302)
4.Blood-C (239)
5.Prison School (217)
6.Kemeko DX! (165)
7.Haré+Guu (119)
8.Ookiku Furikabutte (102)
9.Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (98)
10.Witch Craft Works (94)
11.Joshiraku (83)
12.Daimahou Touge (OVA) (71)
13.Shinryaku! Ika Musume (64)
14.Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (OVA) (43)
15.Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Eikou no Yakiniku Road (Film) (36)
16.xxxHOLiC (33)
17.Genshiken Nidaime (21)
18.Kujibiki Unbalance (2006 series) (12)

Shirobako deserves that #1 spot, but there's no excuse for Ookiku Furikabutte being so low. It should be right behind Shirobako.

I have so many good ideas for that Let's Watch thing of yours Cornbread.

It'd be interesting to put Heroman on there. That's a lesser known mecha anime based off a manga made by Stan Lee! That'd definitely be an interesting watch for the thread!

It's over 20 episodes though, and that's the problem. Does the length really HAVE to be less than 14 episodes? It kind of limits things a lot.

Overlord 1-5

Why is this anime so enjoyable? Man does having a Skeleton as a protagonist help elevate the series. I mean the guy is considered more of a villain than your everyday hero. It's just fun seeing Papa Bones destroying fodders in his way. Ainz does seem more of a anti-hero of some sort. Anyway these 5 episodes were pretty good and it seems like we're getting more of the plot.

Yyiv6Qc.jpg

n6bhlOq.jpg

4H2Gy5v.jpg

The reaction faces in this anime are GOLD.😊

This is just too good.

The Opening and Ending are one of the best this season. I keep on hitting the repeat button, it's just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom