• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

I have so many good ideas for that Let's Watch thing of yours Cornbread.

It'd be interesting to put Heroman on there. That's a lesser known mecha anime based off a manga made by Stan Lee! That'd definitely be an interesting watch for the thread!

It's over 20 episodes though, and that's the problem. Does the length really HAVE to be less than 14 episodes? It kind of limits things a lot.

We'll see how it goes for the first couple and if people are really into it, we'll expand to longer series by extending the time.

Umaru 5

Well I liked the ending of this one. It always seems like the brother keeps getting the short end of the stick in his life, and Umaru only seems to make it worse. If his smile at the end is any indication of it, he seems to be a happy guy at the end of the day.

Gintama 283

0kjmUej.jpg

NXlHxt2.jpg

GjsN0dJ.jpg

God was this episode fucking GOLD. My sides, my fucking sides.😆 I couldn't stop laughing, it was too damn funny. Madao's confession scene killed me, however the scene towards the end with Shogun and Katsura was brilliant. The reaction faces were absolutely amazing.

m9PapGu.jpg

Poor Ketsuno Ana figure.

Daily reminder here's the Full song for Opening 2. http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26809264

Overlord 1-5

Why is this anime so enjoyable? Man does having a Skeleton as a protagonist help elevate the series. I mean the guy is considered more of a villain than your everyday hero. It's just fun seeing Papa Bones destroying fodders in his way. Ainz does seem more of a anti-hero of some sort. Anyway these 5 episodes were pretty good and it seems like we're getting more of the plot.

This is just too good.

The Opening and Ending are one of the best this season. I keep on hitting the repeat button, it's just that good.

Glad that you enjoy it . The op and ED are among my favorites too.
And if you liked ep 3,4 you're in for a good ride for the rest of the show

Yamato 07

The silver haired girl seems to be posing some competition with the blonde one. I bet that it's because
she was connected in some way to the MCs brother and she still sees him in him.
I could be wrong though.

This was a very good, emotional episode with everyone speaking to their families one last time before venturing out of the solar system. Some moments were pretty touching. The party was good, but one thing that deserves a mention is the music. Man this show has some amazing classic-sounding tracks. The ending credits of this episode continued playing the last song that they put on the radio, and it was so good.

I am starting to see why people enjoyed this show. It feels like an old, classic show, seen through a modern anime. This is some really good stuff, and I am not even halfway done.

the classic aspect is nice, but we like it because it's a genuinely good science fiction show.

edit: If One Punch Man doesn't have the world's most delicious power metal OP, then they did it wrong.

I just watched the One Punch Man trailer!

HIROYUKI SAWANO!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is not his music, I'll be shocked. That is totally his style.

the classic aspect is nice, but we like it because it's a genuinely good science fiction show.

edit: If One Punch Man doesn't have the world's most delicious power metal OP, then they did it wrong.

Just now on episode 8 they were able to see Earth when it was all blue and full of water, because of the distance in light years. Pretty nice touch. Like I said before, I'm usually not a big fan of sci-fi, but this is genuinely good. The fact that it mixes sailing with space traveling makes for an interesting take on the genre, the story so far is pretty solid, art is great, and the tunes? Mint.

I heard somewhere that Funimation is known for having issues with their Blu Ray/DVD releases.

That said, does anyone know if there are any problems with their BluRay/DVD release of Tales of Vesperia: First Strike?

e_i

To-Love-Ru Darkness episode 5

Did Rito buy what I think he bought for a little baby? Jesus, dude, you're an idiot.

jman2050

lol no.3 and 4
http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/08/the-best-of-director-mizushima-tsutomu/

Anime Portal conducted a poll to ask Mizushima Tsutomu fans what they considered to be his best series. The poll received over 2,500 votes.

1.Shirobako (490 votes)
2.Girls und Panzer (400)
3.Another (302)
4.Blood-C (239)
5.Prison School (217)
6.Kemeko DX! (165)
7.Haré+Guu (119)
8.Ookiku Furikabutte (102)
9.Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (98)
10.Witch Craft Works (94)
11.Joshiraku (83)
12.Daimahou Touge (OVA) (71)
13.Shinryaku! Ika Musume (64)
14.Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (OVA) (43)
15.Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Eikou no Yakiniku Road (Film) (36)
16.xxxHOLiC (33)
17.Genshiken Nidaime (21)
18.Kujibiki Unbalance (2006 series) (12)

Hare+Guu getting robbed, as per usual.

KanameYuuki

Just finished watching Gintama EP 188 with Daigoro reading his diary about Hasegawa, and man, I seriously feel so bad and sorry for him,he is the best and he always ends up being screwed up by of somebody else because of how much of a good person he is, I want him to succeed but if he does then he wouldn't be himself anymore, writing was amazing full of emotions.

Just finished watching Gintama EP 188 with Daigoro reading his diary about Hasegawa, and man, I seriously feel so bad and sorry for him,he is the best and he always ends up being screwed up by Gintoki because of how much of a good person he is, I want him to succeed but if he does then he wouldn't be himself anymore, writing was amazing full of emotions.

Fixed that for you

Cornbread78

A Town Where You Live ep.7-END
The mixed emotions are real for this one. The artwork at times was beautiful, the music was great and you could feel the tension at dramatic moments. At it's core, it is a sweet love story, with an ongoing love triangle that evolves over time and ends with an actual decision, but leaves you questioning whether or not he makes the right decision. I mean, both girls were extremely likable in this one, which made seeing his decision tough leaving you not sure to cry in sadness or happiness. I mean, the scene with the "winner" was very cute, but the scene when he finally confronts the "loser" my goodness... The only real complaint I had while watching this one was the way they constantly used flashbacks, someone mentioned this was done since the story is a very consolidated version of the manga, but it's only a small nitpick.

Don't click if you ever plan to watch, but something extremely amazing happens....
The winner is the first I've ever seen of it kind; Holy shit, a CHILDHOOD FRIEND WON!!!!

The mixed emotions are real for this one. The artwork at times was beautiful, the music was great and you could feel the tension at dramatic moments. At it's core, it is a sweet love story, with an ongoing love triangle that evolves over time and ends with an actual decision, but leaves you questioning whether or not he makes the right decision. I mean, both girls were extremely likable in this one, which made seeing his decision tough leaving you not sure to cry in sadness or happiness. I mean, the scene with the "winner" was very cute, but the scene when he finally confronts the "loser" my goodness... The only real complaint I had while watching this one was the way they constantly used flashbacks, someone mentioned this was done since the story is a very consolidated version of the manga, but it's only a small nitpick.

Don't click if you ever plan to watch, but something extremely amazing happens....
The winner is the first I've ever seen of it kind; Holy shit, a CHILDHOOD FRIEND WON!!!!

A winner in a Seo manga...hahahahaha. All I will say is be happy that the anime cut off where it did, since pain and suffering is all that would come to you if it went on.

Cornbread78

A winner in a Seo manga...hahahahaha. All I will say is be happy that the anime cut off where it did, since pain and suffering is all that would come to you if it went on.

Oh man, I can only imagine, lol. I didn't know who to root for.

Well, about that, I was actually hoping he was going to
sleep with the Rin just to make it crazier. I mean she was a hottie, but you could tell she wanted him as well. Is that where it went?

Fuck the anime and manga, it's complete shit. It made me fucking rage when I read the manga especially with the amount of stupid decisions the MC decides. Any fucking sane person would have stayed with
Asuka who was a wonderful girlfriend,
but this piece of shit did the opposite and dumped her. What a fucking shitbag and it was for a completely shit female character
who took pity on a guy she didn't even like when he could of spent his precious time with the other girl who actually liked him. Instead he died by a fake bitch.
Seriously fuck Haruto and Eba.

The manga was a complete waste of time, the author should of ended with
Haruto going out with Asuka.
Then again
Asuka deserved better than that shitbag called Haruto.

Vampire Hunter D - Bloodlust [2000]

This was a pretty cool movie. It stars the vampire hunter, D, in one of his jobs to rescue a woman who has been taken by a Noble (vampire).
The woman comes from a wealthy family, so D isn't alone in this hunt. D is a half human, half vampire, and as such he is both feared and disliked by pretty much everyone.

Visually this is a feast for the eyes. The art and backgrounds is incredibly nice. If you think this only would take place in a dark and bleak setting you're mistaken. It varies from lush green forests, sunny deserts, snowy mountains to dark caves and majestic constructions to accompany most of it. It's very detailed.
The world setting is quite interesting. It's set in a distant future, yet in blends in some futuristic technology and a sort of apocalyptic wasteland with a classic Transylvania Victorian setting. Now the futuristic stuff isn't that heavy, it's more or less a few gears that the Hunters use.

Animation in general is good, I didn't experience any fault. However most of the action will consist of attack swipes followed by reactions and/or body count increasing. Don't expect much choreography.
This brings me to my first complaint. Powerful characters goes down pretty unsatisfying. You're left thinking "That's it? Surely there's more". Nope. Still, the action manages to not feel boring thanks to the direction.

My final complaint would be the depth of some of the characters, or rather, the lack of it. Not much is explored and in turn it left me question the authenticity of some of the characters reasonings and motivations.
Some characters serves as a way to simply fill out the slots. We know pretty much nothing about them in the end. And in turn I didn't really have any emotional investment at play.

The movie does its job in that it is entertaining throughout with a good pacing, and has some cool memorable moments. By the end of the movie, I had a whopping 224 screencaps, I think that's a record for me.

I had to restrain myself to spam more images here, so check out the image dumps (May contain spoilers) Part 1 & Part 2 if you're interested in more!

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 63

Yes finally another cup, the friendship cup. Yuuya-oniichan having to fight Jack Atlus, I cant wait though I wanted it to be an action duel, not a speed duel it seems?

Can Reira get to duel again please.

Best moment, Kurosaki commanding the Raid Raptors is the only thing hes good for.
CLsJbJGUMAA8A69.png

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V Episode 63

Yes finally another cup, the friendship cup. Yuuya-oniichan having to fight Jack Atlus, I cant wait though I wanted it to be an action duel, not a speed duel it seems?

Can Reira get to duel again please.

Best moment, Kurosaki commanding the Raid Raptors is the only thing hes good for.
CLsJbJGUMAA8A69.png
INcredibly minor Jack v Yuuya spoilers
It's actually both

Oh man, I can only imagine, lol. I didn't know who to root for.

Well, about that, I was actually hoping he was going to
sleep with the Rin just to make it crazier. I mean she was a hottie, but you could tell she wanted him as well. Is that where it went?

Maybe...I said fuck this and stopped reading after a certain super super super stupid events about 170 chapters in (there are 270 chapters).

John Blade

Man.....I might be having anime fatigue and also tired from work. I guess I will slow down my anime watching for a while till I recover from it. I might try to stick with Humanity Has Declined watching but that might take a bit of time for me but might try to stick with it.

Narag

Man.....I might be having anime fatigue and also tired from work. I guess I will slow down my anime watching for a while till I recover from it. I might try to stick with Humanity Has Declined watching but that might take a bit of time for me but might try to stick with it.

A break is good now and then.

Cornbread78

Fuck the anime and manga, it's complete shit. It made me fucking rage when I read the manga especially with the amount of stupid decisions the MC decides. Any fucking sane person would have stayed with
Asuka who was a wonderful girlfriend,
but this piece of shit did the opposite and dumped her. What a fucking shitbag and it was for a completely shit female character
who took pity on a guy she didn't even like when he could of spent his precious time with the other girl who actually liked him. Instead he died by a fake bitch.
Seriously fuck Haruto and Eba.

The manga was a complete waste of time, the author should of ended with
Haruto going out with Asuka.
Then again
Asuka deserved better than that shitbag called Haruto.

Lol, no holding back now... I laugh, but I think we're in the same camp on this one. Really, it should have been her and ended it with them finally going on that trip together (I loved the way her eyes were drawn) and finishing what they started before summer vaca. Either that or just go completely crazy and follow the harem route and add imouto and the blond chick into the fold..

Yeah, best girl lost in the anime..

Lol, no holding back now... I laugh, but I think we're in the same camp on this one. Really, it should have been her and ended it with them finally going on that trip together (I loved the way her eyes were drawn) and finishing what they started before summer vaca. Either that or just go completely crazy and follow the harem route and add imouto and the blond chick into the fold..

Yeah, best girl lost in the anime..

Honestly you should of seen MangaGaf when they read the series. A lot of poster raged over the series and got frustrated over it. Plus almost every series written by the author Seo is rage worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom