• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a really weird list because it has a bunch of good shows then Glasslip, Terraformars, Buddy Complex and Meganebu.

Meganebu is actually a decent show.

are both of those available in youe EU area? Anyone else in EU have a problem with these two?

#1) Humanity Has Declined
(8/4-8/18)
#2) Another
(8/18-8/25)

We'll just start with those two for now and go from there.
I'll add Princess Jellyfish and Sound of the Sky to the pool, as well as The wondering Son.

Another, on the other hand, is not a good show. Please don't make the mistake of including it in a group watch, unless you're intending this to be a MST3K thing.

Cornbread78

I think the OT should reflect the current title that is being watched.

Just the title of the show is good. Julianimp's suggestion is good.

You could try to explain that the goal is to watch lesser-known shows in the title as well, but I don't know what kind of witty subtitle would fit the OT since obscure shows mean you can't drop some in-joke or reference and expect people to get it.

Now that I think about it, I guess a "Now showing: <show name>" subtitle would work really well.

Would a mod change it for me every other week?

JulianImp

Another, on the other hand, is not a good show. Please don't make the mistake of including it in a group watch, unless you're intending this to be a MST3K thing.

I loved the first part when it was creepy by means of paranoia and general supernatural weirdness, but then it became all about grissly deaths and I was definitely put off by it, but not enough to make me drop the series or label it as an awful one.

Still, I agree that if we had to watch a weird paranormal show then Paranoia Agent would be a way better choice. I see it isn't on CR for any region, though.

Joukamichi no Dandelion - 04

MOST IMPRESSIVE episode

Joukamachi%20no%20Dandelion%20-%2004.jpg

having a cat myself , they sometimes do this.

The first part was incredible, that tension explaining why , only to mess up at the end was superb ..
And we get our first yuri potential pairing ..., YES , YES , YES

the rest of the episode was excellent ...Really loving this.

Cornbread78

Yeah I agree with this. Switch Another with The Eccentric Family.

Or you could make a separate thread for each Lets Watch.

For example, the NeoGAF Writing Challenge features a new thread for each new challenge.

probably for the best.

GAF "Let's Watch Anime" OT: Now Watching: Humanity Has Declined (8/4-8/18)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'll post a new OT every other week and keep building up the text to make it better.

We have two weeks to figure out the 2nd show now, since I curt it out of the OT. We'll find something that works. We just need to get as many people on board as possible to enjoy it with us.

JulianImp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'll post a new OT every other week and keep building up the text to make it better.

We have two weeks to figure out the 2nd show now, since I curt it out of the OT. We'll find something that works. We just need to get as many people on board as possible to enjoy it with us.

Yeah, going straight to polarizing shows such as NGNL or Another right off the bat would hamper the number of watchers and sour them on watching later ones, but I guess the same could be said about SoL shows...

Looks like The Eccentric Family's up in my region. Guess we might as well do a general region lock check on the anime list before choosing anything to avoid locking half of NeoGAF out of whatever the show of the week happens to be, but I guess it'll have to happen every now and then.

cajunator

Banned

post the gif of the crazy carrot bread guy.

Monster Musume - 05

Goddamn that slime girl has no brakes
I knew this show was supposed to be lewd, but this whole water segment, wow. Bikini warriors get rekt
Centaur shares my reaction. I'm on her team for now, since I can kinda imagine her as an elf I guess. Well, the top part at least. Then comes slime with her shenanigans.

javac

When Marnie Was There [Universal]
Release Date: October 6, 2015
Run Time: 103 min
Audio: English (Dolby Digital 5.0, DTS 5.0) / Japanese (Dolby Digital 5.0, DTS 5.0) / French (Dolby Digital 5.0, DTS 5.0)
Subtitles: English, French
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
Price: BD @ Amazon.com: $24.80
rlJXuRm.jpg

Special Features:
  • The Making of When Marnie Was There
  • Yohei Taneda Creates the Art of When Marnie Was There
  • Feature-Length Storyboards
  • Behind the Scenes with the Voice Cast
  • Foreign Trailers and TV Spots
  • US Trailer

Macross 7...At first I hated it, but 16 episodes in a strange change occurred in me.

Me during the first 10 or so episodes: Basara you stupid fuck get shot down already.

Me after a few more episodes: SA HAJIMARUZE SATURDAY NIGHT!

wonzo

Banned
Why this hasn't ever applied to magazine scans (except for gaming-related ones), I still don't know...
evilore only cares about games mag piracy because he honestly thinks gaf is an important player in the industry. lmao

Has this PV been posted here before? It was uploaded on 31st March, but I don't remember seeing it around here. It's Mysterious Somera-chan, from the author that brought you Ai Mai Mi!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9z6_woMnw4

I may be the only person on the planet looking forward to this.

Oh and it starts next season.
imazaki or bust

Overlord - 05

And thus the second arc starts .. the perfect way to show the world from another perspective while introducing the main antagonists.

Meanwhile the succubus and the vampire are getting along as usual.
Too bad they cut down the lenght of their argument and the agressivity of the insults.

maybe for the BD ?

Cornbread78

Monster Musume ep.5
Nice, we now have a Mermaid added to the mix. Darling is going to have the biggest and weirdest harem ever. The Darling battles are just going to get crazier and crazier, lol.

You know while Kill la Kill may have had some story changes to it the music always stayed on point.

Sawano did a good job and they team used his music in the right moments.

Seiyu's Life 5
I'm mainly just watching to see which VA they bring in each week and the cover in the ED, but I wouldn't say it's terrible. Pre-event Yui Horie was funny and cute as well as Ichigo's reactions

Humanity has Declined 01

I really like the OP. The ED is pretty good too.

Interesting first episode, the way of playing completely straight the sinister stuff is done well, I'd imagine the show was meant to look deceptively soft. I like the way it looks a lot -

Just going to assume the show is not about the mystery of what happened because I didn't get that vibe from the first episode.

sonicmj1

Why this hasn't ever applied to magazine scans (except for gaming-related ones), I still don't know...

If Nyantype sent C&D orders to GAF, that policy might expand. It only applies to gaming mags because the scan threads on gaming side started attracting too much attention from the publishers.

yeah bout that its not doing something noteworthy for boost manga sales either, altho obviously we don't know their expectation.

But we not seeing Tokyo Ghoul type of success here.
Well that is shame then. Hopefully their expctations were not that high and we get more seasons.

Gotta say I'll be rather surprised if the Shokugeki no Soma anime sells badly. Not only is the show executing incredible well on what it wants to be...isn't it all the kind of stuff you'd expect to sell rather well? Food+light ecchi+battle shonen-ish aspects.

I am not surprised by anything anymore when it comes to japanese anime market. Most of the time it feels like that it's completely random which series does great and which flops.

*lots of interesting data of anime market in UK*

Would be interesting to see how much bigger the French market is compared to UK.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 01

Just like I said yesterday, I decided to give this one a shot before playing me some more Monster Hunter. May be too early to judge the show just yet with one episode, I will need to watch more. What I did see interests me, but I need another 2 or 3 episodes more to decide whether or not I want to watch till the end. The animation looks great and the OST is solid. I need to see more of the plot and main characters though.

Since I have tomorrow off I will for sure continue then. Off to hunt some monsters now.

Macross 7...At first I hated it, but 16 episodes in a strange change occurred in me.

Me during the first 10 or so episodes: Basara you stupid fuck get shot down already.

Me after a few more episodes: SA HAJIMARUZE SATURDAY NIGHT!

Yes, you're learning. Macross 7 goes some really stupidly entertaining places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom