• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
umaru 4

umaru4.jpg

only the coolest of cool need apply

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Funny I just hit level cap in Destiny last night. Only took me a year. lol
Eww!

---

Sore ga Seiyuu is turning out to be a charming behind the scenes show. I didn't even think of game recording as a thing that seiyuu do, but of course. They really are running out of things though. lol

Still, this was a fun cameo that went about as expected:
HxqV9Dzl.png

kEfKJrKl.png

I think something more biting, like a Wake Up Girls style story about an entire arc of an actor might be more interesting, but I mean, I know it's not realistic to expect something like UnReal or The Comeback from an anime based on a manga written by a seiyuu. Still, it's fairly grounded in some kind of reality, as idealized that it is, so I can at least enjoy it for what it is. The fact that they can get real actors to star as themselves also makes it feel more legitimate than it would be otherwise.

Jintor

I climbed Fuji. When I get home I'm gonna rewatches2 yama no susume I guess. There were definitely a lot of situations where I felt "oh, the production crew probably were forced to do this trip like four times to get it right"

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

phaze

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 06-07

The End. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei !

Huh. Two strong episodes that managed to remind me what I liked about this show in the first place. Conclusion - bring more new characters whose shtick hasn't gotten old yet and let Chiri do her thing. She's easily the most entertaining character even when not in her yandere mode.

Symphogear GX 2-4

This is getting good. I'm enjoying this more than the previous seasons as the antagonists are actually pretty cool this time around. Vast improvement compared to Evil Sugita in season 2. Major stuff is happening like
the girl's Symphogear relics getting damaged and being rendered unusable.

THEN there's the end of episode 4 where Hibiki has her moment of awesome where she remembers her reason for fighting and starts kicking ass, only for it to be taken from her so quickly. I am really interested to see what happens next now.

Rokka - Braves of the Six Flowers 1-5

I saw some people talking about this some number of pages ago so I decided to give it a shot.

So far I really like it. I noticed that a lot of the architecture/clothing/weapons seems to be based on the Mayans. That's quite the unique visual theme for an anime, not something that I've seen before. The last episode (5) had an interesting twist at the end so I'm excited to see how Adlet is going to overcome his current predicament.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It uses the same "parchment paper texture" effect as Mononoke.
Will probably jump into manga to get to there. Managed to get unspoiled (other than the "out of there" nature of it) but I've some suspicions.
Even the people doing the manga sort of got lazy and just skipped to the last chapter. (Damn you Mandoric!)

I guess you can get the jist of it without having the context of the 10 chapters leading to the finale though. That's assuming they weren't translated in the year or so since I checked.

I would say if you can manage to get though it unspoiled, then you should keep it that way. It's an interesting ending to say the least.

javac

It uses the same "parchment paper texture" effect as Mononoke.

Yeah, I've seen neither of them, but they always look pleasing to the eye. Liking a show without knowing anything about it just because it has fancy visuals is a bit odd, but that's how I roll. I love shows with different art styles which is why I'm always taken aback when people talk about how viewers might be put off by the artwork to said shows in reviews, since that's the thing that attracts me to them in the first place, so the idea that they turn people off saddens me. But then I realize that I detest 99% of anime since they all look the same to me so I'm not too different in the end (i.e. judging a book by its cover) :p

wonzo

Banned
the heavily fronted grossness of prison school exists to simply weed out those not worthy of such an enlightened, philosophical masterpiece

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Non Non Byori - EP 01
I finally realized that the first season was actually available in my region, so I've added it to my watch list. It's interesting that it uses the same setting as Repeat but in different situations.

Well that's why it's called Repeat. We're repeating the same year... eternally.

Dragon ball Z Resurrection of F

It was an okay movie that followed the DBZ movie formula to the tee. Other that bullshit ending I had fun watching it with friends in the theater. Some cool fight scenes intermingled with questionable cg quality. I loved how they used Maximum the Hormone tho.

javac

the heavily fronted grossness of prison school exists to simply weed out those not worthy of such an enlightened, philosophical masterpiece

Just not my thing at all. I've never been into shows that do that, which is fine because a lot of people obviously like the series which is cool, but for me its just as unappealing as a series can get. Luckily there's plenty of series that do indeed appeal to me so I'm not champing at the bit to exit my comfort zone, I'm just here to be entertained, no point feeling uncomfortable right :p

That these Dakimakuras actually sell so well that there's batches for just about every show is rather astonishing. I mean maybe they don't sell particularly much and the profit margin is simply high but it's quite profitable either way it would appear.

After joining Mangagaf I gained more lifelong goals of "never reading Nisekoi" and "never reading a Seo manga" and "never playing Destiny"

Oh wait, that last one is from something else
Sigh I'm stuck reading Nisekoi still. I was a fool for having started anyway, but I'm too deep in to give it up. If i were to drop it, then it really would feel like I wasted my time for nothing. As for Destiny, I had an unhealthy obsession for that game, like millions of others, and had to unplug myself. The game not being that great at the time helped. The changes they are putting in though are kinda making me lean towards playing again. But I must be strong, all I need is MH4U.

PA Works next show, Haruchika coming winter 2016.

http://www.animate.tv/news/details.php?id=1438843287
This looks good!

Crocodile

First there was this (from the Kickstarter game Shantae - Half Genie Hero) :

65b3d7d13b69ed791124aa95bce306a1_large.png

Now there is this:

SpiderBackerDesign2.170136.png

Both better than their Monster Musume counterparts IMO

#AmericanumbahOneJapannumbahTwo

#AmericadoeswhatJapancan't

Quasar

I finished Lovely Complex. Still want to say fuck Otani but he smarten up in the end. It's a fun watch with good interactions between Risa and Otani. I feel that should of did a future episode to see where everybody is at 5 yrs later.

Even with the manga they only did one chapter and it was only a few months later. Which bummed me out.

cajunator

Banned
I just wasted the pat 1 1/2 hours running a proposal for work, just for it to error out and not auto-save my work.. I have to start from scratch now.....

dammit, This is me right now...

tumblr_ndoi1lJXOK1r2pvg2o1_r1_500.gif

that sucks. At least youre enjoying Jinrui, as you should!

Sky Wizards Academy Episode 5 Key to Victory
CLqUB0rUkAA2--K.png
CLqU_8cXAAA4zL1.png

Good kanata scenes, and Gladius is a must have.

Moving on to a serious event instead of the typical Lecty, Misora stuff will make the series feel a bit better. Hope it can be exciting.

add that picture to this

Haganai (Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai) S1 ep.1-END:
Ok, so I wanted to clear something else off my MAL backlog, so I marathoned through this one the past couple days. I thought it sounded interesting, but unfortunately, there was nothing really redeeming to spending all that time watching it. It was mild drama, no romance, mild comedy, etc.The fan service with little sis was annoying as hell, but thankfully, it was only at a few spots, but still not needed. Oh well, I the synopsis sounded really interesting but I guess the execution was average.

Haganai is super awesome. Its about friendship and doesnt bother with silly pointless romance. Rika is the greatest!

lol no.3 and 4
http://www.kitakubu.co/2015/08/the-best-of-director-mizushima-tsutomu/

Anime Portal conducted a poll to ask Mizushima Tsutomu fans what they considered to be his best series. The poll received over 2,500 votes.

1.Shirobako (490 votes)
2.Girls und Panzer (400)
3.Another (302)
4.Blood-C (239)
5.Prison School (217)
6.Kemeko DX! (165)
7.Haré+Guu (119)
8.Ookiku Furikabutte (102)
9.Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san (98)
10.Witch Craft Works (94)
11.Joshiraku (83)
12.Daimahou Touge (OVA) (71)
13.Shinryaku! Ika Musume (64)
14.Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (OVA) (43)
15.Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi wo Yobu Eikou no Yakiniku Road (Film) (36)
16.xxxHOLiC (33)
17.Genshiken Nidaime (21)
18.Kujibiki Unbalance (2006 series) (12)

Wow he made so many shows I really like, and a wide variety at that!

Mandelbo

I do have to wonder about body pillows. I mean, isn't the motivation for getting one so you can hug a character you love? If someone gets more than one body pillow does it count as two-timing? Can you have an open relationship with your body pillow?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I do have to wonder about body pillows. I mean, isn't the motivation for getting one so you can hug a character you love? If someone gets more than one body pillow does it count as two-timing? Can you have an open relationship with your body pillow?
I assume at some point it just becomes another thing to collect, like figures and wallscrolls or whatever.

Cornbread78

Body pillow harems are all the rage..

I have a body pillow. But it does not have an anime girl on it because it is the candy cane shaped kind so it probably wouldn't look right if I got a daki for it. Sadness.

Monstergirls 5

I'd let Suu suck out all of my fluids too.

phaze

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei 08
008390abs23.png
0083924kspw.png
008402nwz2m.png
00848413s79.png

008465tzskg.png
008485n4scv.png
008424tnxp0.png
008473ita5t.png

No wonder this was the last season.

Three good episodes in a row ? What it this sorcery ? Zoku's wacky visuals episode was one of its highlights and this was no different, felt like a trial run for Madoka.The confessions segment was pretty hilarious too.

And good God, there was talk of Nozumu deciding on a woman and the implication that he does not want to die after all. It's almost like this show has actual character development and continuous storyline.

Gintama 239-240

I CANNOT fucking believe the scene in the OP with Gintoki and the girls in the elevator had actual relevance to the series.

Basically -
One of the BEST troll gintama ever realised. Magnificent

It becomes a harem.

Trust me i'm an expert.

Somebody tell me is there a smart sci fi show I haven't watched that I should? I tend to prefer noir and/or cyberpunk, but I'm waiting on legend of Galactic heroes on Blu ray so that's out of the picture for now in terms of must see sci fi anime. I know there's that show of kids with Google Glass, maybe that's next.

And please no space booby pirates or something like that.

Cornbread78

Pillowgamy is a thing in certain countries.

LOL, perfect.

I finished Lovely Complex. Still want to say fuck Otani but he smarten up in the end. It's a fun watch with good interactions between Risa and Otani. I feel that should of did a future episode to see where everybody is at 5 yrs later.

I've said that about a lot of these. It would be cool to see OVAs focused on that, especialy in a lot of the RomComs, etc. I mean, that would be perfect for a show like Little Busters, where Riki x Rin was an ideal more than a romance, but what really happens there. That riverside scene was one of the cutest "romance" scenes I've seen since it fit so well into the story

Haganai is super awesome. Its about friendship and doesnt bother with silly pointless romance. Rika is the greatest!

Rika is a meanie, lol. The only problem I really had with it was the fact they dance around the whole friendship/romance thing constantly, wait for the end for that reveal, then the story ends with no conclusions. I wasn't bad, just average.

phaze

Somebody tell me is there a smart sci fi show I haven't watched that I should? I tend to prefer noir and/or cyberpunk, but I'm waiting on legend of Galactic heroes on Blu ray so that's out of the picture for now in terms of must see sci fi anime. I know there's that show of kids with Google Glass, maybe that's next.

And please no space booby pirates or something like that.

Yuasa's Kaiba perhaps ?

In similar vein, I stumbled upon something called Cencoroll from Tsuritama's character designer. Worth a watch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom