• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eccentric Family 03

I think I liked this episode a bit better, I enjoy the MC/Ben Ten stuff more then the other stuff. Still, I don't know if I am enjoying this a lot. Should I stick with it?

I would stick 'til like episode 5-6. The setting and story gets gradually clearer and there's simply some nice scenes and amazing visuals here and there.

If it doesn't grab you then though, you can...just watch the rest anyways because you've already made it almost halfway through!

Things around here definitely aren't the same without him. I consider myself to be new in here compared to most of you folks, but Cajun was a great member that I will miss for sure. He always replied to everyone whenever he could.

I still follow him on Twitter so at least I can still talk to him there. Though it won't be the same!

Wait, Cajun was banned? Was one of the few users that would try to reply to nearly every post in here, even the ones that wouldn't have gotten any love otherwise...

Still, this thread name has been tempting Fate from the very start.

AnimeGAF is always tempting fate. The best you can do is avoid any conversation that can pull you down into dangerous territory.

BGBW is our mascot now

I didn't know we were already nominating people.

Narag is the shadow mascot.

A bully being our mascot? For some reason that seems appropriate. :p

Gundam Build Fighters has awesome 2D robots fighting.

Chihayafuru I assume does not since "mecha" is not one of its genres.

Therefore Gundam Build Fighters wins by default. :p

Even if I do find Chihayafuru amazing (which I probably will judging from what I've heard), I'll still value GBF over it.

It's just one of those shows that sits up there with TTGL in a sacred sanctuary of hot blooded characters and 2D robots.

We will see. Chihayafuru is great.

Why would a bully be a Mascot?

Because reasons. Idk. I don't think anyone could do it. Cajuns shoes are big ones to fill.

But we have Cornbread who posts a ton and is watching like every anime in existence. New people will always keep this community alive. :)

Syrinx

I thought that when you were permed that your avatar and details in your profile were wiped clean.

I mean, why keep that there if he was permed?

The avatar thing is a known myth. It's a bug that sometimes removes avatars for a ban, sometimes doesn't.

Cornbread78

Ok, Can we stop reliving last week, I'm getting angry all over again.. I'm glad I ducked my head and walked away last week, but the whole thing was super aggrivating all the same.

R.I.P our follen brothers...

btw, Cajun confirmed it was perma, Arcy did as well....

phaze

I would stick 'til like episode 5-6. The setting and story gets gradually clearer and there's simply some nice scenes and amazing visuals here and there.

If it doesn't grab you then though, you can...just watch the rest anyways because you've already made it almost halfway through!

lol. This is me with all the bad shows I fail to drop at the very beginning.

Eccentric Family 03

I think I liked this episode a bit better, I enjoy the MC/Ben Ten stuff more then the other stuff. Still, I don't know if I am enjoying this a lot. Should I stick with it?

If you find it meh enough to drop it then perhaps ? I'd say it does get better once the story shifts the gears a bit but it still remains the same a show with very mellow pacing and atmosphere. At least till the last few episodes.

time is a flat circle

Dunno about that. You used to be less, if at all cranky. ;p

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If Cajun is permed, then who is AnimeGAF's largest consumer of cute now?

TUSR

Banned
bljrTe7.jpg

who do i paypal for this tag?

egg girl's disapproving glare would indeed suit animegaf very well.

Hattori

Banned
Cute and Moe have vanished.. On that day, mankind received a grim reminder. We live in fear that our favorite anime is shit and we're disgraced to live in this cage we called AnimeGAF.

Sölf

Gakkou Gurashi! 06
I knew it! I knew it was fishy from the beginning! Now I am interested how they will play it out in the following episodes.

Humanity Has Declined 8

So we got Assistant's backstory in a unusual method. And for the very first time he spoke, bravo bravo tres bien! It was nice that the episode delve deep into Assistant's character.

Watashi's cynical personality is so amazing. You don't see characters like her much.

Sölf

Humanity Has Declined 8

So we got Assistant's backstory in a unusual method. And for the very first time he spoke, bravo bravo tres bien! It was nice that the episode delve deep into Assistant's character.

Watashi's cynical personality is so amazing. You don't see characters like her much.

Watashi is one of the best characters ever. We need more characters like her (or even better, a second season with her).

Sölf;175954107 said:
Watashi is one of the best characters ever. We need more characters like her (or even better, a second season with her).

Pretty much this. I could just watch a anime with Watashi or a character like her being cynical all day long.

Squalor

You don't have to watch things as soon as they are available.
I struggle with this too.
Yeah, but then I will be behind on conversations about the new episodes. I like being up to date in that regard.

Also, it's the easiest way to avoid spoilers. It's not as though I go out of my way to avoid them, but purposely being behind is just asking for spoiling to happen.

And since they all come out within a couple days, I like to just take a few hours out of my Sunday morning to watch all the anime I like this season in a row. It's the most convenient time for me to watch a block of anime, and I like the variety.

JulianImp

It's so annoying that the anime I like this season come out Friday through Sunday.

I need to fill the void.

Same here. I think there's only Non Non Biyori Repeat on Mon/Tue (don't actually remember when), then Gakkou Gurashi on Thursday mornings, and the rest of the shows on my queue all air between Thursday nights and Saturday (Durarara, Souma, Charlotte, Classroom Crisis and Gatchaman). Having them more evenly spaced out during the week would've been a lot better.

The same thing happened last season with JoJo and several other shows I had on my queue that all aired between Thursdays and Saturdays.

Crocodile

If you've got free time and no anime to watch between Monday-Thursday, maybe take the time to watch shows from past seasons or past years?

Things that grind my gears: So there's this kickstater for a game called VANITY. And it has some of the most generic, uninspired "inspired by anime" art style and character designs I've seen in a while. No disrespect to the actual artistic talent it takes to make anything that looks halfway decent but it feels like they barely tried and are trying to run a play from the "it looks like anime so give us money" playbook. I especially loved the "trained in Japan" (what is that supposed to make the generic anime style more authentic?) and "trained by top men in the animation industry" (that they don't name) bits.

If "inspired by" just turns out to be "the most generic and cliche interpretation of your inspiration" then you done goofed.

male characters dont look inspired by anime, so Im not funding this game.

Squalor

If you've got free time and no anime to watch between Monday-Thursday, maybe take the time to watch shows from past seasons or past years?
I usually only like two or three new anime a season. This one has definitely been an aberration, though, since I'm continuing with five.

JulianImp

Which is why I'm watching random shows on a whim. Hopefully I don't go too far down the rabbit hole now that I've decided to watch stuff such as Oreimo...

The "Let's Watch" thread is also great for alleviating this since I hadn't watched either of the shows that were chosen and I don't think I would've picked them up by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom