• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT| SharingMana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

I still use MAL, the difference is that I take their rec and I go read a bunch about the show before I consider it.

Unless I was specifically looking for a shitty good time anime

following MAL recommendation's without actually doing any research after is like playing Russian Roulette. And while you might not put a bullet in your head with MAL literally....as cornbread found out, you can do so figuratively.

lonely

You might like Amagami SS. It's dating sim shit without the murder-incest.

Also, Sex Hair (wow that brings back memories)

I love the episode of Tokyo Encounter where Sugita brings his memory card and proves how he only completed her route. The awkward explanation about the some of the CG that follows is even better. Also this:
2VJtNl.jpg

John Blade

I notice people talking about Amagami SS and was wondering if this show is worth the watch or worth the money to buy the blu-ray. Just skim stuff here and it look like it's something I might be interested in but don't know if it's worth the time to watch it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I notice people talking about Amagami SS and was wondering if this show is worth the watch or worth the money to buy the blu-ray. Just skim stuff here and it look like it's something I might be interested in but don't know if it's worth the time to watch it.

It's inoffensive. Probably not worth the money but if it's on Crunchy or something you could do worse than Amagami SS.

Quasar

I certainly think its worth the watch.

Instro

You listen to MAL recommendations? Pardon me, but that is hilarious.

Russian roulette, all bullets.

It's one of the better harem shows.

Cornbread78

I just finished the first season of 4 episode arcs and it was pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. It gives each girl a 4 episode "love" story with the same MC. It's actually kinda interesting because all the other girls from the other arcs are always present (school) and you remember rid bits from their arcs. I wanted the season to end with a sensei episode, but nothing, lol.

Quasar

I just finished the first season of 4 episode arcs and it was pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. It gives each girl a 4 episode "love" story with the same MC. It's actually kinda interesting because all the other girls from the other arcs are always present (school) and you remember rid bits from their arcs. I wanted the season to end with a sensei episode, but nothing, lol.

Sadly whilst the game supposedly had a teacher story (and a Hibiki one) the anime never got around to those.

Cornbread78

Russian roulette, all bullets.

It's one of the better harem shows.

More like a bazuka to the skull in this case, however, I 'll be fair and say that this is the first really bad one so far..

Sadly whilst the game supposedly had a teacher story (and a Hibiki one) the anime never got around to those.

The drunken scene with the hot sake could have been an amazing adaptation.

John Blade

Hmm...interesting take....basically, a win win situation to see with the main character with different girls in the show. Kinda like it. Well, is it worth for the blu ray collection? Now, that will be the big one as I did consider to buy it but put it on hold for a bit here.

Cornbread78

Hmm...interesting take....basically, a win win situation to see with the main character with different girls in the show. Kinda like it. Well, is it worth for the blu ray collection? Now, that will be the big one as I did consider to buy it but put it on hold for a bit here.

Probably not Blu Ray worthy, but definately watch worthy because like was said, the concept was pretty good and the stories were cute for the most part.

Saudades

Ah shit NieA_7 is getting a Blu-ray release in Japan, I really enjoyed the series. Link December 2nd, 18,000 Yen.
Holy shit.
Then how come Texhnolyze doesn't have a BDBox too? What world is this?
I need to see them glorious background arts in HD, dammit.

Saw Haibane Renmei and Lain blurays were coming again too. Time for that Despera hype train to begin moving again.
With the earlier Haibane & Lain BD re-release announcement, I thought it was to commemorate Yoshitoshi ABe's 20th Anniversary Artbooks or smth, but a new BD-Box? This might actually make me hopeful.
If Despera wasn't so dead.

kewlmyc

Ok guys, ya'll need to save me here. I just finished the first episode and this kid is moving back to his hometown with his twin sis. after his parents died. Sad, right? Well, he already has about 6 chicks that want to jump on his pole since he is so hot. Well... aside from that, I watched two scenes where the sick and frail twin sister that has to stay at home alone, was visually fantasizing about making out with hI'm (bro) (pretty damn passionately at that) brother. Then in the final scene, she is shown (not a fantasy this time) stripping off all her clothes in her brother's room in the middle of the night, asking him to make her cum.

It immediately got shut off. WTF is this show? The MAL never mentioned anything about any incest shit. Has anyone watched this before? Is it safe to continue watching? Ugghh.

Slightly traumatized atm.. worse than a School Days troll..

Not sure what you were expecting. It's omnibus format with each girl getting an arc, with the final arc being his twin sister. Tons of tits and sex throughout. Did you not look up the premise or reviews before watching it?

Cornbread78

Not sure what you were expecting. It's omnibus format with each girl getting an arc, with the final arc being his twin sister. Tons of tits and sex throughout. Did you not look up the premise or reviews before watching it?

This is what I was expecting a story about:

Synopsis
Haruka Kasugano and his twin sister Sora have lost both their parents in an accident, and with them all their support. They decide to move out of the city to the rural town where they once spent summers with their late grandfather. At first everything seems familiar and peaceful, but changes come as Haruka starts to remember things from his youth.

javac

Late on this, but its a quiet week anyways. New releases for this week (08/18/15)

Blu-ray
The Future Diary: Complete Series [Funimation]
Run Time: 650 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Three-disc set (3 BDs, 50GB)
Price: BD @ Rightstuf.com: $45.49
EYFPZQzm.jpg

Hayate the Combat Butler: Season 1 Collection [Sentai]
Run Time: 1300 min
Audio: Japanese DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Six-disc set (6 BD)
Price:
BD @ Rightstuf.com: $64.99
DVD @ Rightstuf.com: $51.99
vKGxPZ9m.jpg

As to Amagami SS, if I'm thinking of the right show then it's like a VN as in it follows different routes. Once a girl's arc ends it starts back at zero and he goes for a different girl.

I'm gonna do it guys.

I'm gonna buy that Future Diary blu-ray, and watch that fucking show all the way through to the end.

I'm gonna do it guys.

For real this time, I'm gonna start that show, and finish it.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V 67
CM0aBDFWcAE4FNs.png

Reira running to his Yuuya-oniichan instead of his brother Akaba Reiji was a bit hilarious and sweet, though close to the end though. :(
almost thought theyd say he was from the world that Sora and co were having fun in

javac

The MAL talk got me thinking, what's everyone's top 5? Everyone has more than 5 favorites, but if somebody put a gun to my head and asked for my top five, first of all I'd slap them for pointing a gun at me and asking such a stupid question, but secondly I'd list these five.
In no particular order:

javac

• Princess Mononoke
  • Giant Robo
  • Armored Trooper VOTOMS
  • Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen
  • Turn A Gundam
I like it, a nice and varied list. Not seen Votoms, Turn A or Kenshin but I've heard good things about them (well not so much Gundam, not that I've heard bad things, I just never really look into Gundam). Votoms is probably next on my watch list after Cobra and Gorg. Looking forward to it.

kewlmyc

Haven't visited my MAL in years but my top 5 anime are:

1. Baccano
2. Gurren Lagann
3. Cowboy Bebop
4. Fate/Zero
5. Madoka Magica

Rakkety Tam

Neo Member
I'm gonna do it guys.

I'm gonna buy that Future Diary blu-ray, and watch that fucking show all the way through to the end.

I'm gonna do it guys.

For real this time, I'm gonna start that show, and finish it.

Do it. That show was massively entertaining. I'm probably going to buy the Blu-Ray after watching it.

javac

Nice list, a bit of nostalgia in there with Dragon Ball :) Still need to watch Maison Ikkoku #shameonme.

My top 5 on MAL is -
Only seen EoE here, but I heard good things about the rest outside of Geass, which I don't know what to think of it from what I hear. I do own the series on Blu-ray but I doubt I'll ever watch it.

Haven't visited my MAL in years but my top 5 anime are:
I don't know why I use MAL but I do. Love Bebop, didn't really like Lagann or Madoka but that's A-OK, I like seeing people enjoy different series.

No movies included.
I see that you like comedies, I love NHK and GTO :)

We doing top 5's on MAL? In that case mine are:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
3. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
4. Hunter X Hunter (2011)
5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

We doing top 5's on MAL? In that case mine are:

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
3. Mobile Fighter G Gundam
4. Hunter X Hunter (2011)
5. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

That's a pretty solid list

I've never used MAL, and I'm horrible at picking favorites, so I'll refrain from my own top 5. Except that Gintama would definitely be on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom