• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gvitor

Doubt the
Mimisaka
thing confirms or denies a S2

I kind of agree, but it's just really weird they did the Karaage Arc and even included the Eizan scenes in the elections and just left that out in the open. That way it felt like they forgot something instead of cliffhanger-hyping it.

Sölf

KanColle 08-10
The episodes where nothing worthwhile happens. But lol @ remodeling. I love how this show just plays the game mechanics and everyone in-universe just accepts that stuff. xD
I really hope EP 11 finally has some battle action. And Kongou is still best girl.

I completely forgot about Kancolle's existence until now.

------------------------------------

Soma 24

Solid ending to a very good series, this year has been great overall!

Baalzebup

Sölf;179955247 said:
KanColle 08-10
The episodes where nothing worthwhile happens. But lol @ remodeling. I love how this show just plays the game mechanics and everyone in-universe just accepts that stuff. xD
I really hope EP 11 finally has some battle action. And Kongou is still best girl.
21b3d86f6d68d71964462fef3978fc3faefc6255_hq.gif
Damn right.

Phatmac

The first couple of episodes weren't that great but the show just kept getting better and better with an amazing battle between best girl Hana and Kiyoshi. The conclusion and where it ends is pretty surprising but it hopefully confirms a second season. Good show overall which was elevated by best bro Gakuto.

Sure, but they is spoiler but I put spoiler tag and won't recommend to read that until you finish the show. This was post very early this year and my impression of the show did change a bit but the main gist is still the same from what I talk about below. Also, it does have the feel of monster of the day in the 1st quarter of the show but change when an incident happened and you found out a bit. They still have the monster of the day feel a bit later but that is on the side from the bigger situation in the show. Do stick with it and hope you like the later half as it get interested from my side when I watch it.

I think I'll hold off reading it until after I finish watching it. Even though I've watched it before and liked it, I don't remember too much of the plot.

Congrats.

Congrats Shin!

Thanks Hattsu, Kenji.

Dennis

Banned
Is Prison School getting a second season?

And don't act like you don't know what I am talking about either.

I know you watch the show in here.

jonjonaug

Is Prison School getting a second season?

And don't act like you don't know what I am talking about either.

I know you watch the show in here.

Nothing announced, the second arc in the manga still isn't finished (it's just a bit longer than the first arc right now, no idea how much longer it will be), and the director is known to be tied up with other projects for a while. If we ever do get a season 2 it'll be at least another year before anything is announced.

Shokugeki no Soma - 24 [End]

Happy with how the results went. I'm a little disappointed that the individual foodgasm for both of todays contestants didn't top the earlier lobster rocket for me. The fight between the flavors was great though.

This show has been so much fun and entertaining with a nice cast of characters. I'm going to miss it dearly. One of my favorites of the year no doubt. BDs can't come soon enough.

Baalzebup

Nothing announced, the second arc in the manga still isn't finished (it's just a bit longer than the first arc right now, no idea how much longer it will be), and the director is known to be tied up with other projects for a while. If we ever do get a season 2 it'll be at least another year before anything is announced.

Did they seriously cover that much ground from the manga already? 18 volumes, 190+ chapters? You'd think that has enough material to cover two cours, easy peasy.

L.O.R.D

Prison School 12

oh yess , revenge is sweet

but i didn't know they will show us they gonna prison them
so the second season is 100% ?
the final moments is like detective conan or death note
really liked it

now...

all-the-things-meme-generator-read-all-the-manga-d8d059.jpg

Witch Hunter Robin 5

An episode where the witch of the week isn't captured at the end. I liked this one. Had more intrigue behind it compared to the last episode.

Shokugeki No Soma ep 24 (final)
Don´t really have much to say other than the fact that this was superb ending to an awesome series.

How long it´ll be till I find a show a great as this?

Going to pray every single day for a second season, and I mean it.
God knows how much I enjoyed this.

Samurai Flamenco 1-12

I actually liked the Samurai flamenco arcs but someone tell me if this
Sentai team arc
ends quickly so I know whether to drop this show. Feels like they are just throwing stuff at walls. I don't care about these characters and it has fully jumped the shark. At least with the previous craziness it was still focused on the same characters, and the same issues.

phaze

Prison School 12

False alert, I think I confused a certain scene from future material with the current sequence. Episode was okay I guess. Having read the source material recently I don't think I'm capable of judging this series objectively but honestly, I think it was a mess. A rushed to hell, at times hideously ugly mess that only very rarely managed do justice to the source material.

Rankings:

Unforgettable Experience: Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold
Alright: Soma, Shimoneta
Okayish: Rokka no Yusha.
Poor: Prison School
I dropped it so clearly it's awful: Ushio to Tora, Shirayuki, Umaru, Gate, God Eater, Ore Monogatari.

Terrible season in an already terrible year.

Soma 24

Bruhs. I'm bumping this show to a 10/10 on my list. Holy crap. The quality of this show from start to end was astonishing. Not a single complaint from my side. Animation, plot, EVERYTHING was top notch. WE NEED MORE SHOWS LIKE THIS. We need a Season 2 it cannot end like this. I can only hold out for so long before I jump into the manga...

Ushio to Tora - 13

I think the last few episodes have been great. Though I feel this episode lost a bit of steam near the middle, when they felt the need to once again tell what was already told last episode.
Nice to see a fight despite what occurred. Tora's little acceptance of change gave me a smile. More characters that were previously introduced turns up to this early to help, to my surprise.

TUSR

Banned
soma 24

why did they have to end it with tentacles

prison school 12

after the rough early start/pacing, this was prob my show of the season

need more of both

The detail they left out of Soma last episode kind of scares me about season 2, but hopefully it's just they didn't want to devote time to it. Other than that great final episode

phaze

Samurai Flamenco 10

So Flamenco Girl managed to back to the city for the concert during the short time the countdown for the rocket thing was going on ? That's silly. And unrealistic. And can I drop this show yet ?

Samurai Flamenco 10

So Flamenco Girl managed to back to the city for the concert during the short time the countdown for the rocket thing was going on ? That's silly. And unrealistic. And can I drop this show yet ?

If you are going to be bothered by the silly and unrealistic then yes? That is about as far away from what the show is as you can get.

The detail they left out of Soma last episode kind of scares me about season 2, but hopefully it's just they didn't want to devote time to it. Other than that great final episode

Now I am curious.

Samurai Flamenco 10

You are one episode away from where I said "screw it" and just left it at that. So can you drop it? Yes lol.

Classroom Crisis 13

So the last few episodes were alright, but that doesn't save the show from its mediocrity. There were way too many "bad episodes" in this. It had its moments here and there but ultimately it fell pretty flat. This is the worst show on my list for this season.

Ascheroth

That detail is something they can very easily include at the start of a second season.
According to MAL Soma is getting a special episode during Jump Festa on November 3, so I'll imagine we're getting our season 2 announcement with that :)

That detail is something they can very easily include in the start of a second season.
According to MAL Soma is getting a special episode during Jump Festa on November 3, so I'll imagine we're getting our season 2 announcement with that :)

Yeah, but it really wouldn't have taken much time to show, and it would've been a great cliffhanger.

phaze

If you are going to be bothered by the silly and unrealistic then yes? That is about as far away from what the show is as you can get.

I'm not bothered by it, that complete disregard of such a mundane matter like time/distance calculation just stood out to me in this sea of silliness. Are there any more weird shifts/ shock moments like in ep 7 ? I dunno, after all the hype I've seen for this show here I do want to experience the craziness but so far it's not doing it for me at all.

I'm not bothered by it, that complete disregard in such a mundane matter like time/distance calculation just stood out to me in the sea of silliness. Are there any more weird shifts/ shock moments like in ep 7 ? I dunno, after all the hype I've seen for this show here I do want to experience the craziness but so far it's not doing it for me at all.

Yeah there are more genre shifts. The quality admittedly dips next arc (I am saying that as someone who loves the show) but after that it's gold throughout, Jerry

evJ4MBM.gif

what's this big soma cliffhanger about? I'm a sucker for them, give it to me!

There was another person in Akira and Soma's group. His cooking style is perfect mimicry, he makes the same dish as his opponent in a Shokugeki and then makes it better. He decimates one of the main characters later.

Ascheroth

There was another person in Akira and Soma's group. His cooking style is perfect mimicry, he makes the same dish as his opponent in a Shokugeki and then makes it better. He decimates one of the main characters later.

I don't think he wanted to be spoiled that far ahead, lol.
evJ4MBM.gif

what's this big soma cliffhanger about? I'm a sucker for them, give it to me!
It's basically this:
They didn't show the 4th person who made it through the preliminaries in Somas block.

Russ T

Banned
I'm not bothered by it, that complete disregard of such a mundane matter like time/distance calculation just stood out to me in this sea of silliness. Are there any more weird shifts/ shock moments like in ep 7 ? I dunno, after all the hype I've seen for this show here I do want to experience the craziness but so far it's not doing it for me at all.

This is just answering your question, it's not any major spoiler to someone who's asking the question you're asking for the reason you're asking.
There are multiple shifts throughout the series. You've only seen one so far.

Samurai Flamenco is great and all the haters will be shunned.

jonjonaug

Did they seriously cover that much ground from the manga already? 18 volumes, 190+ chapters? You'd think that has enough material to cover two cours, easy peasy.

That's not what I meant. I mean the second arc is chapter 82 and onward. The anime adapted chapters 1 through 81. The second arc still isn't done.

javac

Japanese Artwork:

Himouto! Umaru-chan Vol.2 Limited Edition
Release Date: 2015/10/14
Run Time: 86 minutes (Episode 3, Episode 4)
Format: Two Disc Set (1 BD, 1 CD)
¥ 5,434 @ Amazon.jp
Cover:
fBj30v4.jpg

Packaging:
i8gXkhE.jpg

Grisaia no Rakuen Vol.3 Limited Edition
Release Date: 2015/10/23
Run Time: 47 minutes (Episode 5, Episode 6)
Format: Single Disc Set (BD)
¥ 4,795 @ Amazon.jp
Cover:
7O1PxHQ.jpg

Packaging:
wpaQ9zd.jpg

Show By Rock!! Vol.5
Release Date: 2015/10/28
Run Time: 48 minutes ( Episode 9, Episode 10.)
¥ 5,514 @ Amazon.jp
Cover:
ft0TwGe.jpg

Packaging:
YH90H17.jpg

Non Non Biyori Repeat Vol.2
Run Time: 48 minutes (Episode 3, Episode 4)
¥ 5,594 @ Amazon.jp
Cover:
58VKoZi.jpg

Packaging:
Mm2n2Ta.jpg

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Vol.5 Limited Edition
Run Time: 48 minutes (Episode 9, Episode 10)
¥ 5,557 @ Amazon.jp
Packaging:
iZ5BKLh.jpg

Houkago no Pleiades Vol.5 First Press Limited Edition
Run Time: 50 minutes (Episode 9, Episode 10)
¥ 5,594 @ Amazon.jp
Packaging:
2YRMH6f.jpg

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma Vol.4 Limited Edition
Run Time: 72 minutes (Episode 10, Episode 11, Episode 12)
¥ 6,393 @ Amazon.jp
Packaging:
cFrWPID.jpg

Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri Vol.2 Limited Edition
Run Time: 47 minutes (Episode 3, Episode 4)
Format: Single Disc Set (1 BD)
¥ 5,594 @ Amazon.jp
Packaging:
svCZgcr.jpg

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime (Snow White with the Red Hair) Vol.2 Limited Edition
¥ 5,434 @ Amazon.jp
Packaging:
qqFytUf.jpg

To LOVE-Ru Darkness 2nd Vol.2 Limited Edition
Release Date: 2015/10/30
¥ 5,594 @ Amazon.jp

Hibike! Euphonium (Sound! Euphonium) Vol.6
Release Date: 2015/11/18
Run Time: 48 minutes (Episode 11, Episode 12)
¥ 5,159 @ Amazon.jp
Cover:
0M6vFod.jpg

Packaging:
sLJpTcF.jpg

Prison School - 12

I just don't think this was a very good show and considering the source material, a rather bad adaptation. It tries to follow the manga rather closely but half of the time gets the atmosphere completely wrong and pacing is just a mess, too. Art looks mostly bland with a good moments far and few in between and I wonder if there's even a single standout moment for animation either.

But my main problem really is that it just never seems to capture the same exhilarating, often genuinely funny and equally erotic experience from the manga. While, frankly, little of the early content is all that great, the anime fails to deliver on what good there is. Last episode's begin to the encounter between Hana and Kiyoshi was actually quite alright, but boy did they drop the ball for round 2... So often the art is just outright ugly and while there's supposed to be some grossness to Prison School's content, this is just dumb.

Given the hasty pace due to the 12 episodes, I also really question some decisions. Why, for instance, is the vice president's sweating so god damn prominent?!? Yes, put some of that in there, but why do I have to go "k, it's gross that she's sweating so much and she's so exposed..." just about every episode for the 2-3min of screentime they seem to waste on it. Use that time for more coherent cutting and boarding, for better sense of space and time for example.

This adaptation just fell flat for me, even though I suppose I can't say it's terrible. For what it's worth, the voice acting is great for the most part, so there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom