• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

javac

Reminds me of this gem:
BmWpV8O.jpg
Pronounced 'Sound Impact'

kewlmyc

If I'm correct:
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei Herz!
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!

Note: I don't watch these shows, please don't hurt me.

That's a lot of Illya.

I've read F/SN, watched the 2006 anime, UBW movie, Fate/Zero, Carnival Phantasma, and UBW TV, yet never bothered with Prisma Illya. Is it any good or is it just lesbian lolis making out and related fanservice?

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
That's a lot of Illya.

I've read F/SN, watched the 2006 anime, UBW movie, Fate/Zero, Carnival Phantasma, and UBW TV, yet never bothered with Prisma Illya. Is it any good or is it just lesbian lolis making out and related fanservice?

there is nothing good about it

Mailbox

I don't know what's worse, Kingdom Hearts naming conventions or Type-moon naming conventions

To be fair the only really bad kh titles (names) are
358/2 days (read: 358 days over 2)
And
II.8 final chapter prologue
(And maybe dream drop distance if you want to be picky)
But they all serve some relevance to the specific title.

Type moon stuff, on the other hand is just random nonsense

phaze

Best Wishes !

Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold 13 END

No else watching the best love story this season ? smh

I would say that I can't believe I watched 13 whole episodes of this but that would be a lie. I watched 96 episodes of Omega after all. And this was honestly better than the second half of it and with this merciful episode count, probably better then the first half too. Predictable end with even more Saint Seiya'ish power ups and asspulls (I can't believe anyone would actually buy those hideous god cloth figures) and with all the golds going back to being kaput and being all smug about it. I liked that they actually referenced the Elysion arc and the appearance of gold clothes there.

Firemind

You know what bothers me? Asuka Langley Soryu is supposed to be three quarters German yet none of those names have German roots. Wie geht's?

Happy birthday Shin! Heh I'm only a year older than you, but I was pretty happy about the whole "-teen" thing being gone from my age last year, I can imagine it's the same for you lol. If you are in Canada it's not a big deal, but if you are in America or most places you are only one year from being legal. In Europe drinking age don't matter LOL.

As a Canadian, turning 18 was a bigger deal for me TBH. I was able to do a lot more then I couldn't have done before including being able to legally drink so I don't see turning 20 as being a huge thing aside from being out of the -teens. Still thank you for the happy happy birthday.

Happy Birthday ShinRPGamer, here's your present, hope that you like it:

A new season for Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! has been announced.

Sadly I'm not interested in the Fate/Kaleid series Javac but saying happy birthday is enough of a present for me. Thanks, man.

But you see, those names are fantastic. Shot Weapon and Great Gonger are so ridiculous that I can't help but love them. They're way better than "3nd" and "3rei"!

Well I never said I didn't like them!

I just didn't want them to be forgotten when talking about ridiculous naming conventions!

We better get prison school season 2.

What I have followed the manga has gotten decent boost after the anime started (latest volume sold about 285k first month when before the anime started to air the figure was around 200k). Also Prison School strikes me as a series that could do decently in disc sales. Well hoping for the best.

Exalted

Prison School Episode 12

My favorite episode of this show. The post ending scene is intriguing, looks like the premise of a potential season 2.

That's a lot of Illya.

The fights are pretty good. Aside from that there's maybe one or two episodes that are decent. The first season is weakest in the lesbian loli stuff but I'd say the weaker fights of the series. 2wei is a little difficult as the fights are more enjoyable but it also bumps up the fanservice so it has to be checked on an episode by episode basis. 2wei Herz is easy as all the fighting is at the end of the season in the last 3-4 episodes.

Symphogear 1
Finally starting this show. The singing and action looked pretty cool and Hibiki's transformation looked very interesting. It looks to be a fun ride

Shokugeki no Souma 24/End
I guess since it wasn't confirmed to get a sequel, they didn't want to show/hint at the 8th person to make the Autumn Elections. Overall I'm really happy with the adaptation, J.C Staff did a great job giving life to an amazing manga. While I'm sad they were forced to skip over the ping pong chapter, they were able to to make the first half of the Autumn Elections run/feel smooth. Hopefully we get a second season next year.

8/10 (Great)

John Blade

Witch Hunter Robin 1

What better way to feel old then watching a show you haven't seen in around 10 years. The show does a good job introducing the case and general feel of the in the first episode. Good stuff

Wish you luck in this show. Just finish this show few months ago and make an impression about it. Like the show quite a bit than I expected.

Also, happy birthday. You're too young man....I am much older right now and feel depress of how old I watch when it was on TV in North America.

Shokugeki no Soma 24 END

This will probably be my AOTY unless something from Fall blows me away. Met all my expectations, excellent adaptation of great source material. Highly recommended, a purely enjoyable show that never failed to put a smile on my face. Now give S2 in early 2016

Edit: Symphogear is delayed too, whyyyyyy

Ascheroth

Shokugeki no Soma - 24 (End)
pMt2fgu.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma is a cooking anime.
Goddamit, what an amazing finale. The last bit of the preliminaries was mouth-watering tense as always, and the aftermath was just downright hilarious, with everyone having a party in the Polar Dorm.
Reactions to Naked Apron-senpai Isshiki never get old.

10/10, my personal anime of the season, probably year.
Now let us pray for a second season!

phaze

Shokugeki no Soma 24

Expected a tie so that was a bit of a surprise. Alright show overall, the long-winded explanations and reactions to food get tiring but colourful cast of quirky of characters makes up for it. The last few scenes of celebrations made me realise how much I warmed up to them and their interactions.

lol at the smell of food alone being enough to trigger crab girl's tsun mode.

Zabi

Banned
What happened to Symphogear GX? Episode 12 appeared for free users while episode 13 is not even listed as a upcoming episode.

javac

In case you missed it, these released in the UK this week:
Blu-ray
Noragami: Complete Series Collection [Manga]
Run Time: 300 min
Audio: English: Dolby TrueHD 5.1 / Japanese: Dolby TrueHD 2.0
Subtitles: English
Format: Two-disc set (2 BDs)
Price:
BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £27.99
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £19.99
BD
kUlK08Am.jpg

DVD
O7DArPim.jpg

A Lull in the Sea: Complete Series Collector's Edition [MVM]
Run Time: 615 min
Audio: Japanese: LPCM 2.0 / English: LPCM 2.0
Format: Five-disc set (3 BDs, 2 CDs)
Price:
BD Collector's Edition @ Amazon.co.uk: £99.99
CE:
OvYos7Jm.jpg

LJdQ8a4l.jpg

Sword Art Online II - Part 1 of 4 [Anime Ltd]
Run Time: 166 min
Audio: Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 / English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
Format: Two-disc set (1 BD, 1 DVD)
Price:
Standard DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £14.99
Collector's Edition BD @ Amazon.co.uk: £24.99
Standard DVD:
J0IppGAm.jpg

Collector's BD:
jGIxdKCm.jpg

nY6lllLl.jpg

DVD
Bleach Complete Series 14 [Manga]
Run Time: 600 min (Episodes 292-316)
Audio: English / Japanese
Format: Five-disc set (5 DVDs)
Price:
DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £29.99
JCyVx20m.jpg

Wish you luck in this show. Just finish this show few months ago and make an impression about it. Like the show quite a bit than I expected.

Also, happy birthday. You're too young man....I am much older right now and feel depress of how old I watch when it was on TV in North America.

I'm curious to see what you thought of it. Would it be possible to shoot me a link? And thanks for the happy birthday.

Witch Hunter Robin 4

Probably the worst episode so far. Wasn't bad but I didn't find it to be interesting. The witch wasn't that compelling to see either.

Hah I was just messing with you :p I genuinely hope that you have a wonderful day :)

You too Javac.

Happy birthday suit day Shin.

Thanks Sabre.

UberTag

Solid series that peaked early but still had some enjoyable yet forgettable episodes. I bet the manga is better overall but I'm not in love with the whole series to go read it. I'll just assume they graduate and live happily ever after with Kurumi and Shovel-kun living a happy married life.
That would be an incorrect assumption.

Phatmac

That was a wonderful final episode but they can't end it like that. They still have so much left to do for it to be over just yet. I can't give my full review just yet but this was easily the most enjoyable show of the year for me so far. The show is just so fun with wonderful characters that are trying their best. It had so many funny moments and tense situations that made me keep wanting to watch. The best part was obviously best girl Megumi who was changed so much from the start of the show to become a great cook with the help of Yukihira. It'll be hard not to read the manga from now on as I'm invested in the series but I just want to watch in anime form as it has been a great show overall. 8.5/10 for me. I hope my OTP becomes real someday. Get lost Erina.

John Blade

I'm curious to see what you thought of it. Would it be possible to shoot me a link? And thanks for the happy birthday.

Sure, but they is spoiler but I put spoiler tag and won't recommend to read that until you finish the show. This was post very early this year and my impression of the show did change a bit but the main gist is still the same from what I talk about below. Also, it does have the feel of monster of the day in the 1st quarter of the show but change when an incident happened and you found out a bit. They still have the monster of the day feel a bit later but that is on the side from the bigger situation in the show. Do stick with it and hope you like the later half as it get interested from my side when I watch it.

My Impression of Witch Hunter Robin

Well...I gotta to say, this is actually a decent show to watch from beginning to end even though it start very slow in the beginning and wasn't too interesting till after a third way in the series. The show kinda remind me a bit of Noir with the slow pacing which might put some people from watching the show at all.

For story line, it's been done before from other shows or movie. You follow a team of witch hunter who basically hunt down a witch. You follow one of the hunter a bit name Robin who was new in the team. During the process you start to found out a bit more about the witch and why they're living in the world with the human.
Unfortunately, something happened and Robin basically become a target and quickly got kick out from the team and basically fighting with the Witch which you found out they're not as bad as it look like. Eventually, the team join with Robin to go against the people who they suppose to fight with. Like I say before, nothing much to say in the story and kinda generic but the plot is where you start to get interesting. This is mostly when you start to found out more about the Witch history and also more about Robin secret past and the force she was working for.

Another thing I notice in the show is the dialogue from the characters isn't hard to follow. When the character is discussing about stuff in the show, it isn't too hard to follow and you have a good rough idea of what is happening or going to happened. This is actually a good thing as you want to grasp what the character is talking about so you can follow the story.

For character development, it's kinda a mix bag depend on who you follow. Most of the meat are coming at the main character in the show. For the secondary characters, quite a few are decent while some are two dimensional as not much have put on they development. The're two I can think of where they don't really develop too much but they're there in the show to keep the show moving.

Animation is really something you need to like as it's really grey and dull look. I guess, that's what the animator want to portrait which is fine for the show. Still, the tone make the show to have this real depressing look which might be a hit or miss depend of the audience who is watching it. For me, it's fine and look right for the show it's telling.

Still, the show is still fun to watch and get very interesting near the end. I don't know if I would recommend this show for most Anime audience mostly because it's more into story and character development than into action. For those who like character development and maybe super natural, would say to give the show a chance as it might be in they ally way.

Kinda wondering, is this show some sort a hidden gems? Kinda notice not many people talk about it even when it was release in North America around 2004 when it air here. I guess it's been too long when you think about it but you don't hear many people to watch the show.

Well, I am off right now and might start watching my next show which will be Divergence Eve and Misaki Chronicles. After that, I am going to watch one of the sad anime show which I will be watching sometime mid of next month.

Classroom Crisis 13

The worst show of this season by far, I can't remember the time where I've been so bored.

If I would look up the word "generic" in a dictionary a picture of the cast of Classroom Crisis would show up, but I wouldn't recognize them since everything about this show was just so forgettable.

-1/10

---------------------

Congrats Shin!

Shokugeki no Soma 24

GOD DAMN IT! They didn't show the 4th winner from A block so I guess that means we probably won't get a second season unless they retcon in his scene at the start of season 2. Japan you had ONE JOB ;-;

This is easily my front runner for anime of the year, Shokugeki No Soma blew me away in manga form and it's anime adaptation just confirmed why it's so amazing.

javac

Probably old, but I guess that there's a bundle that includes God Eater Vol 1 Blu-ray and the PS4 game and I guess that it also comes with a code for Cross Play on PS Vita. No idea if that's something that's unique to this bundle.
GOD EATER RESURRECTION
Cross Play Pack & Animation Vol.1 ( Limited Edition )
Out: 29th October 2015
UsMADIb.jpg

Gvitor

Shokugeki no Soma 24

So glad they did Kibou no Uta at the end. Ending overall was fantastic.

Manga spoilers->>
Still really sad that they didn't do the Mimasaka scene.
Hopefully that doesn't mean S2 isn't happening.

Shokugeki no Soma 24

GOD DAMN IT! They didn't show the 4th winner from A block so I guess that means we probably won't get a second season unless they retcon in his scene at the start of season 2. Japan you had ONE JOB ;-;

This is easily my front runner for anime of the year, Shokugeki No Soma blew me away in manga form and it's anime adaptation just confirmed why it's so amazing.

Shokugeki no Soma 24

So glad they did Kibou no Uta at the end. Ending overall was fantastic.

Manga spoilers->>
Still really sad that they didn't do the Mimasaka scene.
Hopefully that doesn't mean S2 isn't happening.

Doubt the
Mimisaka
thing confirms or denies a S2

Doubt the
Mimisaka
thing confirms or denies a S2

I mean if they felt confident that a s2 would for sure happen there would be no reason to not include that scene, as it stands they left the anime with an okay stop point if this is all we ever get. I agree it doesn't confirm/deny anything in the end but I'd rather have walked away from this episode knowing an S2 was a lock instead of just hoping it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom