• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2015 |OT2| !? Love Live is not real!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't gone back, even to play the Den of Wolves DLC. I've been back to playing Tales of Symphonia on my old fatty PS3.

I might boot up Omega Quintet that I picked up for $12 during the sale last week.
I'm new to the game and picked up the Legendary edition of the Taken King been really enjoying it a lot.

Mandelbo

Penguindrum 04

I'm guessing it wasn't actually Ringo that
killed the red-heeled girl
on the escalator. The legs in silhouette didn't look like hers, and having it be her would be too easy. Kanba definitely seems to know more than he's letting on, but then again he's been suspicious from the start after he
kissed Himari.
Perhaps it was him that
killed the girl?
She was with him in the restaurant, after all.

School LIve END

Meh, everything that was good about this show were the zombie bits, and with that I mean the things every zombie movie/show has.
Shovel-chan being bitten
and stuff for example, fortunately the show executed all these tropes reasonably well or else it would've been straight up awful.

The bad parts of this show were the times where it tried to add things to the old and tested zombie movie formula, I mean, them being loli's added nothing to the show, not that I'd actually expected that it would but still, it only allowed for some stupid, boring SoL and some of those disgusting, unnecessary scenes in episode 9, blegh.

Yuki's "disease" or whatever also didn't do much for me, it made for an interesting pilot episode but it was never used really well after that. I also have no idea what the hell she did at the start of this last episode, she just gave a speech or something, why did this work again? Maybe I missed it; I was never really paying attention because I didn't get attached to the characters.

To conclude, this show wasn't worth my time, the only good parts where the tropes that every zombie show has, I kinda want another zombie anime but without all these bad things added to it, maybe another day.

Will I read the manga of this? Nah, I could also watch actual good Zombie movies.

We showing off ratings? Cool time to show everyone how shitty my taste is:

Akagami no Shirayuki - 7
Charlotte - 7
Classroom Crisis - 5
Gangsta - 8
GATE - 8
God Eater - Delayed
lol 7
Ore Monogatari - 9
Rokka - 10
School-Live - 6
Shimoneta - 7
Soma - 9
Umaru - 8
Working!!! - 9

Season avg = 7.7

Watched A LOT of shit this Summer. Probably not gonna happen this season, with all the school work and my job.

kewlmyc

Half of the shows I've been watching aren't over yet, so I'll lave my ranking for last. A show can go from good to awful and vice versa in the course of one episode after all. Rokka most likely best show of the season for me though. Shame the series won't get a second season. :/

Mailbox

We showing off ratings? Cool time to show everyone how shitty my taste is:

Akagami no Shirayuki - 7
Charlotte - 7
Classroom Crisis - 5
Gangsta - 8
GATE - 8
God Eater - Delayed
lol 7
Ore Monogatari - 9
Rokka - 10
School-Live - 6
Shimoneta - 7
Soma - 9
Umaru - 8
Working!!! - 9

Season avg = 7.7

Watched A LOT of shit this Summer. Probably not gonna happen this season, with all the school work and my job.

Your tastes here are pretty much general consensus, don't feel bad

Your tastes here are pretty much general consensus, don't feel bad
Yeah, yeah but "your favourite anime is shit" and all that, you know the deal. Ahaha I actually thought it was a pretty solid season. I can't remember ever watching this many shows at once. Could be because I wasn't busy with assignments

Squalor

Half of the shows I've been watching aren't over yet, so I'll lave my ranking for last. A show can go from good to awful and vice versa in the course of one episode after all. Rokka most likely best show of the season for me though. Shame the series won't get a second season. :/
Don't you fucking kill my vibe like that.

Cornbread78

I didn;t see this before, but this is pretty cool:

86d6556359704312977a245703607947.jpg

http://otakumode.com/news/55f9307eca56861165940632/

Mailbox

Yeah, yeah but "your favourite anime is shit" and all that, you know the deal. Ahaha I actually thought it was a pretty solid season. I can't remember ever watching this many shows at once. Could be because I wasn't busy with assignments

Yeah, I agree. Lots of surprisingly entertaining series this season.

I wonder if next season will prove to have the same.

But seriously, we need to start talking OT names. Next season is one week away

Cornbread78

Damn, this is an excellant read, but beware, there are a ton of spoilers for all the Key works, so if you haven't watched:
Clannad, Kanon(2006), Air, Angel Beats, or Charlotte, do not read..

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2015-09-25/why-clannad-made-you-cry/.93370

Okay, so Jun Maeda may not be able to make everyone cry. If a story rubs someone's heartstrings the wrong way, the rejection will usually be violent. Nobody likes feeling manipulated, especially manipulated into feeling sad, so the criticisms of his work are often just as fierce as the affection for it. (Most of them revolve around the lack of concrete explanations for the multitudinous miracles his stories rely on.) All the same, he's definitely doing something right. Some mystical combination of sweet comedy, beautiful music, the unfairness of life, and the goodness of the human spirit just brings it all home. In Key's most perfectly weepy moments, the details don't matter so much anymore.

Ascheroth

Ushio to Tora - 13

What a great episode. Lots of plot reveals, action and even heart-warming moments, all in one 20 minute package.
I also really like Raishin and Kagari, hope they continue to appear as Ushios sidekicks.
Judging from next episodes title, Hyou will appear again. Looking forward to it!
-------
We're doing ratings, huh?

Rokka - 9
Soma - 10
Ushio to Tora - 8.5

Rokka is the only show I watched this season that has ended yet, but Soma gets a 10 no matter what todays episode does and Ushio to Tora gets a rating as well, since technically its first cour ended today.
Most of the shows I watch end later today or tomorrow, so I'll probably give my ratings by then or I'll include them in the final episode impressions, not sure.

Junjou Romantica 3 END
tumblr_nv5b2gybq71tbp5fpo4_500.gif

Great last episode, its not my otp but I love Takahashi and his growing feelings over the course of the whole series. He just seems better with everyone but Usagi.

Flustered Takahasi is always funny to see especially when he has to apologize on behalf of usagi. 10/10

blurr

Is the squid girl anime fun? I imagine it is going to be fun and fresh in the first episode (or at most first 3) but gradually lose its charm and humor.

Squalor

It sold worse that Chaos Dragon.

....Chaos Dragon.

It hurts me too, but at least the LNs are being actively fan-translated, so it doesn't hurt as much.
Anime fans' general taste is such a disgusting disappointment.

Time to Kickstart season two, haha.

Witch Hunter Robin 1

What better way to feel old then watching a show you haven't seen in around 10 years. The show does a good job introducing the case and general feel of the in the first episode. Good stuff

Phatmac

Solid series that peaked early but still had some enjoyable yet forgettable episodes. I bet the manga is better overall but I'm not in love with the whole series to go read it. I'll just assume they graduate and live happily ever after with Kuromi and Shovel-kun living a happy married life. It was still an interesting zombie tale that I wish had more zombies and elaborated on the ideas from last episode instead of it seeming like an excuse to save everyone. Decent show but forgettable. Good music though. 7/10

Qurupeke

Is the squid girl anime fun? I imagine it is going to be fun and fresh in the first episode (or at most first 3) but gradually lose its charm and humor.

I thought it was pretty fun all the time. I found some episodes being hilarious and others a bit boring, but it's like 3 stories per episode so it doesn't really get dull.

javac

Random Stuff 2: Electric Boogaloo

UK:
Anime Limited Licenses The Rolling Girls
It’s MCM Scotland Comic Con weekend and we decided we get the ball rolling a day early with the first of our announcements for the weekend. We’re delighted to announce that we (Anime Limited) have licensed the series The Rolling Girls. It’s a very timely announcement as WIT Studio’s Kotomi Deai, the Director of the series, and Hiroshi Shimizu, Mechanical Designer for the series, are in attendance at MCM Scotland Comic Con this weekend.

We can confirm the series will be receiving a UK Blu-ray and DVD release in 2016. More details on this will be forthcoming.
blog.alltheanime.com

Dragon Ball Z Resurrection 'F' - Home Video Date Change
Dear Fans

I’d like to thank the UK Dragon Ball Z fan community for their amazing support and enthusiasm for the theatrical release of Resurrection of F. Because of you, DBZRF is going out on more screens on its initial opening than any other anime film ever released in the UK previously. That’s an amazing accomplishment. However! Because of the unprecedented demand for cinema showings across the country we will have to push back the UK home video release.

One of our retail partners has today notified its customers of a date change. This is not the final date that has been decided. We are currently working very hard to find a new street date that satisfies not only the retailers and theatrical exhibitors requirements, but which also doesn’t cause you guys to have to wait any longer than necessary for it on DVD and Blu-ray. Marketing and selling anime is a tricky business as a lot of you know and we are lucky that our audience is especially patient and supportive. I don’t think many other companies can claim the same thing. I really hate disappointing you and I can only apologise for any confusion that’s been caused by today’s events. We will announce a new home video street date imminently and we will work our butts off, as always, to ensure it is as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for helping shape the UK theatrical release of DBZRF and enabling us to get it onto an unprecedented number of screens. This result means that if you are a passionate DBZ fan who wants to see the movie on a local screen, you probably can. That makes me happy. I apologize for any disappointment and inconvenience the home video date change announcement has caused you. Please stay tooned for further announcements from @MangaUK. Meanwhile! Enjoy #DBZRF in cinemas, nationwide from 30th September.

Kame-hame-ha!

Jerome Mazandarani
COO
Manga Entertainment Ltd/Animatsu Entertainment Ltd
mangauk.com

Release Date changes:
MVM Entertainment:
Outbreak Company: Complete Collection
Release Date: 26th October 2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 300 min
Format: DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £21.50

Rozen Maiden: Zuruckspulen Collection
Release Date: 26th October 2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Run Time: 325 min
Format: DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £24.99

Samurai Harem: Complete Collection
Release Date: 14th December 2015
Audio: Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0
Run Time: 300 min
Format: DVD @ Amazon.co.uk: £21.50

Japan:
Macross Films to be reprinted at affordable prices in Japan to commemorate announcement of new Macross series, Macross Δ (マクロスΔ).
Macross Frontier The Movie: The False Songstress
Release Date : December 24, 2015
Part number : BCXA-1056 ( sales only)
Tax price : ¥ 5,000
Specifications: Color / ( pre ) 120 minutes / DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1ch) · Linear PCM ( stereo ) / AVC /
BD50G / 16: 9 <1080p High Definition>
Buy:
Standard: &#65509; 5,400 @ Amazon.jp
Amazon Exclusive: &#65509; 5,400 @ Amazon.jp
--------------------------------
Macross Frontier The Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Release Date: December 24, 2015
Part number: BCXA-1057 (sales only)
Tax price: ¥ 5,000
Specification information: color / (pre) 115 minutes / DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1ch) · Linear PCM (stereo) /
AVC / BD50G / 16: 9 <1080p High Definition>
Buy:
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Release Date: January 29, 2016
Part number: BCXA-1058 (sales only)
Specifications: Color / (pre) 115 minutes /
DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1ch) · linear PCM (Surround) / AVC / BD50G / 16: 9 <1080p High Definition>
Buy:
Macross 7 the Movie: The Galaxy's Calling Me!
Part number: BCXA-1059 (sales only)
Tax price: ¥ 3,800
Specification information: color / (pre) 33 minutes /
Linear PCM (stereo) / AVC / BD25G / 4: 3 <1080p High Definition>
Buy:
Standard: &#65509; 4,104 @ Amazon.jp
Amazon Exclusive: &#65509; 4,104 @ Amazon.jp
Macross Plus: Movie Edition
Part number: BCXA-1060 (sales only)
Specification information: color / (pre) 115 minutes /
DTS-HD Master Audio (5.1ch) · linear PCM (Surround) / AVC / BD50G / 4: 3 <1080p High Definition>
Buy:
https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/news/383

Japan:
Macross Films to be reprinted at affordable prices in Japan to commemorate announcement of new Macross series, Macross &#916; (&#12510;&#12463;&#12525;&#12473;&#916;).

https://www.bandaivisual.co.jp/cont/news/383

Look at all these Macross Flims that we'll never get here because Harmony Gold are assholes.
Macross Plus: Movie Edition notwithstanding.

Edit: Actually come to think of it, DYRL and 7 have other problems blocking a NA release besides Harmony Gold. Still doesn't excuse Frontier though.

Congratulations for officially loosing the 'teen' status effect, known cause for many frightening ills of man.

Why thank you. Now I can experience the terrifying turmoils of being in your 20s.

Witch Hunter Robin 2

A decent monster of the week episode. The episode's plot isn't exactly original but it's got it's interesting moments.

Congrats ShinRPGamer.

Good luck in your 20's.
Hope you get to your 30's without getting banned here :3

Here's hoping i'm still around on Gaf by then. Thanks

Happy Birthday!

20 was so long ago

hbd

Thanks and thanks again.

tumblr_mgpp5i7M8n1r9tozso1_500.gif

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Episode 13:

I can think of no other title more deserving of the crown Anime of The Season and indeed certainly a contended for Anime of the Year and I look forward to its eventual inclusion on Toonami next year.

Happy birthday Shin! Heh I'm only a year older than you, but I was pretty happy about the whole "-teen" thing being gone from my age last year, I can imagine it's the same for you lol. If you are in Canada it's not a big deal, but if you are in America or most places you are only one year from being legal. In Europe drinking age don't matter LOL.

javac

Happy Birthday ShinRPGamer, here's your present, hope that you like it:

A new season for Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 3rei!! has been announced.

kewlmyc

Happy Birthday ShinRPGamer, here's your present, hope that you like it:

A new season for Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 3rei!! has been announced.

The 3rd season? I thought the 3rd season was currently airing?

javac

The 3rd season? I thought the 3rd season was currently airing?

If I'm correct:
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 2wei!
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 2wei Herz!
  • Fate/kaleid liner Prisma&#9734;Illya 3rei!!

Note: I don't watch these shows, please don't hurt me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom