• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Ikr? Rei had a personality, unlike Rem.

38c4Z1M.gif

JulianImp

At least Rei had a perfectly good explanation for acting obediently and eventually rebelling against her masters, but she also fits the "I've got to protect her!" love interest archetype that I despise.

Come on scriptwriters, having weak/overwhelmed girls and making the MC want to protect them is tantamount to making them into a cute/loyal pet rather than a human being, and the worst part is that they often get treated like that, getting overjoyed the moment the MC gives them their attention... and let's not even talk about patting them on the head, which is just treating them like children/pets again.

Cornbread78

At least Rei had a perfectly good explanation for acting obediently and eventually rebelling against her masters, but she also fits the "I've got to protect her!" love interest archetype that I despise.

Come on scriptwriters, having weak/overwhelmed girls and making the MC want to protect them is tantamount to making them into a cute/loyal pet rather than a human being, and the worst part is that they often get treated like that, getting overjoyed the moment the MC gives them their attention... and let's not even talk about patting them on the head, which is just treating them like children/pets again.

But Rem protects Subaru. Sure he had his 'save her' moment, but their general relationship has her in the role of protector.

LOL, I was gonna say, Rem could absolutely end Subaru's life in a second if she wanted to. She would be the dominant one for sure, just giving Subaru room to be the idiot he is and love and support him. A true lover.

Fu(k off Subaru.... Fuck off...

Just want Jarmel, you haven't even see Subaru at his finest yet...

Eumi

But Rem protects Subaru. Sure he had his 'save her' moment, but their general relationship has her in the role of protector.
Honestly my biggest problem is how much it flip flops though. It goes from Subaru cowering whilst Rem saves the day to, err, that petting thing, in like the space of a few minutes.

Like, Rem shows that she's completely automatous by ditching Subaru when he needs to stay behind because he's wrong and she knows it, and then the next minute she's talking about standing by him no matter what he does. It's like the show wants her to be every kind of waifu all at the same time. It's especially glaring when compared with how little personality Emelia has.

Clov

Did he recommend Glasslip to a mod who wasn't in on the joke?

In all seriousness, I hope he isn't banned for long.

It might be because he posted something over in the My Hero Academia manga thread that was a bit too risque.

Post seems to have disappeared too.

At the very least, the innocent users who come in here looking for recommendations will be safe from Glasslip for a while.

Cornbread78

At the very least, the innocent users who come in here looking for recommendations will be safe from Glasslip for a while.

Ouch.. LoL. I hope it's not perm. DTL has his quirks, that's for sure (we all do, certainly), but he's not a bad guy to have around.

Jintor

one sided head patting sucks

mutual headpatting is great

So many members have already been perma-banned that even though I was just joking earlier, things are looking more and more grim as time goes on. I don't see an awful lot of newcomers either. I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers, but usually the ones posting here are for the most part always the same suspects.

Jarmel

Banned
Emilia is like the trophy wife in that you do all this shit for her but the two of you have no similar interests or hobbies and all she is, is a drain on energy and finances. You just want her for the prestige and exclusivety rather than anything based on her actual personality.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I thought it was weird how Ram and Subaru seemed to be hitting it off friendship wise than Subaru and Rem and then the latter became the one tight with Subaru.

Then again we are dealing with loops.

kewlmyc

I only know a few names on that depth chart, but your definitely missing Shitoge on there somewhere, lol. Who's marie?

Say what you want about Chitoge, but she does have at least some depth and character development to her. At least compared to the other characters in Nisekoi.

Also Marie as in Marie from Persona 4 Golden.

Ikr? Rei had a personality, unlike Rem.

My issue with this comparison is that Rei's character was that she had a monotone personality for most of the series and that was something that Evangelion built on for character development. By comparison, Rem regressed significantly in the third arc because they literally erased her character after the Second Arc and she was pretty much fine in that second arc, in fact I really wanted to see where that character development took Rem's character outside her relationship to Subaru and her Sister, but that never happens. Quite the disappointment.

Ascheroth

Twin Star Exorcists #21

In which best character makes his return. You guessed it, Ohagi Man is back!
Also, timeskip.
Rokuro looks a bit more mature, but I honestly can't tell if Benios design changed lol.
This filler arc is starting pretty good, let's see where it's going.

My issue with this comparison is that Rei's character was that she had a monotone personality for most of the series and that was something that Evangelion built on for character development. By comparison, Rem regressed significantly in the third arc because they literally erased her character after the Second Arc and she was pretty much fine in that second arc, in fact I really wanted to see where that character development took Rem's character outside her relationship to Subaru and her Sister, but that never happens. Quite the disappointment.

Yeah, I still like Re:Zero a lot, but the way Rems character jumped down a cliff is really dissappointing.

Did he recommend Glasslip to a mod who wasn't in on the joke?

In all seriousness, I hope he isn't banned for long.

It might be because he posted something over in the My Hero Academia manga thread that was a bit too risque.

Post seems to have disappeared too.
I hope it's not permanent, losing DTL would be sad for animegaf. He was bringing a good energy to the thread.

Cornbread78

Say what you want about Chitoge, but she does have at least some depth and character development to her. At least compared to the other characters in Nisekoi.
Also Marie as in Marie from Persona 4 Golden.

True, I really liked her arc in season 2 about her mother and life. It actually humanized her quite a bit!

I like Shitoge, but Tsugumi and Haru were my ships before they sank.
Marie is the canon waifu of the persona 4 protag.... Line hates her. And about half of Gaf for some reason.

Was Marie really canon though? I thought P4G was pretty open in that regard.

Hey, hey, hey! Don't post those Nisekoi manga spoilers up in here! I've purposely avoided the manga thread for awhile now since I'm hoping they animate the final chapters into a 3rd season soon!

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I wouldn't call Marie canon by any length, but the golden animation pushed her pretty damn hard.

But it's still persona, so no one gets to end up with anyone ever.
I still hate how you can tell she shoehorned in the game. Its just a wedge in the experience.
Also she reminded me of glasses girls in the eva momov. Just terrible

According to a post on Toonami GAF (and backed up by Seda in a pervious post) it's a 2 month ban, so he'll be back eventually.

Good to hear that it isn't a perm. With SDBurton not posting here anymore it'll be boring without somebody constantly viewing things through yaoi or yuri goggles.

Jojo Diamond is Unbreakable - 19

I didn't expect them to actually get the money. Usually these stories always end up with one arbitrary reason or another denying the characters of their loot.

Witchcraft Works 3

I like how the show makes fun of how daft and clueless the main character is. It takes the typical Nice Guy harem protagonist personality and runs with it to good comedic effect. Not sure if that's an aspect of the source material or just Mizushima employing his usual comedic exaggeration.

I actually don't think I've ever seen DTL banned before.

Once, a long, long time ago, he was. This was back when his shtick was saying "lol" a lot, before he had fashioned his current yaoi lover persona.

So many members have already been perma-banned that even though I was just joking earlier, things are looking more and more grim as time goes on. I don't see an awful lot of newcomers either. I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers, but usually the ones posting here are for the most part always the same suspects.

I wish so many people I followed on Anitwitter posted here.

I'm always seeing gifs and webms of different animations from lots of shows I'm unaware of, and I'm usually seeing some people crediting who did them.

Not to say that this doesn't happen here anymore, it's just rare compared to how often I see it on Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom