• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Marie really canon though? I thought P4G was pretty open in that regard.

Hey, hey, hey! Don't post those Nisekoi manga spoilers up in here! I've purposely avoided the manga thread for awhile now since I'm hoping they animate the final chapters into a 3rd season soon!

Nah no ones canon unless they somehow show up in P5 and MC is with Marie still. However she did get a major push above everyone else including Rise.

I too hope there's a season 3 but I have my doubts. When would we start hearing news about a possible season? The mangas over so if something was supposed to be announced it would have been back then :/

Syrinx

Aikatsu! Stars 20

The crazy thing to me isn't really that Tsubasa jumped off that cliff for the stunt, but more that the rest of S4 actually encouraged her to do it.

Eumi

I still hate how you can tell she shoehorned in the game. Its just a wedge in the experience.
Also she reminded me of glasses girls in the eva momov. Just terrible
I kind of love how blatant it is though. Screw all those people complaining about Star Wars, this is the real Marie Sue.

Mysterious girl with magical powers and a quirky hip outfit barges into the story and everybody loves her from first meeting her and she saves the day at the end and she even gets a new arcana and her own persona on top of her weather control abilities and one of her eyes is a different colour and she's the bestest evar.

I kind of love how blatant it is though. Screw all those people complaining about Star Wars, this is the real Marie Sue.

Mysterious girl with magical powers and a quirky hip outfit barges into the story and everybody loves her from first meeting her and she saves the day at the end and she even gets a new arcana and her own persona on top of her weather control abilities and one of her eyes is a different colour and she's the bestest evar.
While this is true :p
I didn't really like her until the end, in fact I hated her until about her 9th social link but she grew on me, especially at the end :v
Kinda like I hated Rem during the first arcs.

According to a post on Toonami GAF (and backed up by Seda in a pervious post) it's a 2 month ban, so he'll be back eventually.
2 months huh? Wonder if fall will seem more negative with him not around.

Gundam X 25-34

The new leopard destroy and that new opening...so gooood! Man it's crazy how some people think they are chosen ones and those space people sure do.

Garrod is a super cool protagonist and I really like how he just did all that to save his girl. I find his relationship with Tiffa to be so cute and happy. Seeing that picture burn just before the kidnapping did make me shed some tears.

This space arc, which is not done yet, introduced some very cool characters like Pala and Jamil's rival.

The fusion of the DX and the G-falcon finally happened, I was waiting to see it.

As of right now I really like Gundam X much more the the 3 UC show I just watched. I watched them at such a slow pace because they lacked something, but I just binged X in like 3 days. I think I just don't like Tomino's way to tell stories. Because will I did not dislike them, I wasn't a big fan of any of his shows and I found them average at best.

Hoping I like X's conclusion.

Mankind Divided

A middling to average sequel that suffers from an extremely aimless plot, even more so than the original. I think I would be more forgiving if it could hit some emotional notes, but the story is too meandering for any character to leave even any impact on you. (I honestly can't tell you anything about Jensen's new partner.) Also the final couple hours are in many regards worse than the previous game.
Okay, you just got to this side of the city Jensen, now sneak/run all the way to the other side. Yes, the framerate is gonna constantly be in the gutter. Yes, you're gonna have to do this 5-6 times if you wanna talk to everybody.

I don't know why GAF would ban Ahegao then :/
I mean look at it

f92ad6f7685db5d9d528180897a14077b64b8d3d37c8191d9a712749feebafeb_1.gif

blurr

Mankind Divided

A middling to average sequel that suffers from an extremely aimless plot, even more so than the original. I think I would be more forgiving if it could hit some emotional notes, but the story is too meandering for any character to leave even any impact on you. (I honestly can't tell you anything about Jensen's new partner.) Also the final couple hours are in many regards worse than the previous game.
Okay, you just got to this side of the city Jensen, now sneak/run all the way to the other side. Yes, the framerate is gonna constantly be in the gutter. Yes, you're gonna have to do this 5-6 times if you wanna talk to everybody.

guess I'm delaying my purchase even after I get a new GPU

Trails in the Sky FC

The intro chapters were pretty slow and plodding, but I got pretty invested once the main plot kicked in. That extreme cliffhanger ending though, glad I can immediately just jump into SC. At least until AA6 is out.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Prologue

Judge-"As you must surely know, the defense culpability act has rendered lawyering a virtually dead profession within our borders."

giphy.gif

*cut to scene of graveyard*

Oh...

Eumi

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice Prologue

Judge-"As you must surely know, the defense culpability act has rendered lawyering a virtually dead profession within our borders."

giphy.gif

*cut to scene of graveyard*

Oh...
Hey is this thing something you should watch before playing? Cause I don't wanna spoil myself if it's all stuff that'll be in the final game.

Syrinx

iM@S Cinderella Girls 12

Could have done without the sappy part about bringing our hearts together when it was just an exercise getting them in sync with each other. Otherwise okay.

Hey is this thing something you should watch before playing? Cause I don't wanna spoil myself if it's all stuff that'll be in the final game.

It basically shows some new characters, sets up the location, and explains why Nick is going to visit Maya.

It's not gonna spoil any case for you. It's just set up for the new game.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
I just want to bitch about it here as well, but fu(k the final boss in Trails of Cold Steel... like serious, total bull$hit.
Nothing wil ever be as bad as the first giga powered tank boss valkyira chronicles. That would cause me to reload every time. And the bosses arent even good in general.

Qurupeke

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 0
I decided to give this one the benefit of doubt and judge it by myself, since I'm still curious about the series, and hopefully I won't regret that decision.

The Prologue wasn't bad, and the short action scene was certainly cool looking. I like Rin and her interactions with Archer. And she certainly has a cute, heavy accent, that's kind of uncommon. The show sticks to the basic premise of the series, while it seems to have ditched a lot of the elements that made F/Z's first episode interesting. They establish the protagonist quickly and there's not any sign of the mysterious and occultic atmosphere of it. In fact, for the most part, it was pretty light-hearted, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it certainly is disappointing as a follow up. I'm sure it will have its "dark" moments, but I'm afraid that the execution will be lacking, at best, compared to F/Z.

It's in line with my expectations so far, so that's something...

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works Episode 0

I decided to give this one the benefit of doubt and judge it by myself, since I'm still curious about the series, and hopefully I won't regret that decision.

The Prologue wasn't bad, and the short action scene was certainly cool looking. I like Rin and her interactions with Archer. And she certainly has a cute, heavy accent, that's kind of uncommon. The show sticks to the basic premise of the series, while it seems to have ditched a lot of the elements that made F/Z's first episode interesting. They establish the protagonist quickly and there's not any sign of the mysterious and occultic atmosphere of it. In fact, for the most part, it was pretty light-hearted, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but it certainly is disappointing as a follow up. I'm sure it will have its "dark" moments, but I'm afraid that the execution will be lacking, at best, compared to F/Z.

It's in line with my expectations so far, so that's something...

You are going into it with the right outlook, just like we told you to when you asked if you should watch it. As long as you keep your expectations in check, you will enjoy this

Line_HTX

Line plz. I know you low-key love Marie cause she a beast in ultimax :v

I only got a week and a half to binge. Gotta choose which series. I might check out kiznaiver.

For somewhat broken DLC characters, Margaret crushes Marie every time, heh heh heh.

What other completed series are you considering?

For somewhat broken DLC characters, Margaret crushes Marie every time, heh heh heh.

What other completed series are you considering?
Well I already finished hero academia and I'm going to miss the finale of Rezero and Mob. So I guess whatever was the top stuff for last season. I'll probably finish shounen maid since I'm half way there lol and ajinn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom