• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2016 |OT| Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoinArt

UOFf0c4.jpg
X

ReLIFE 5-9

This show was great until around episode 6 or 7 which I thought was weak. The volleyball arc. It focused on side characters rather than the protagonist and that kinda brought it out down. Thing was that the episode was actually used as exposition for the last few, where the MC intervenes. I still haven't seen the resolution for the conflict, but it is late and I'm too tired. Will be wrapping this show up tomorrow in the morning. I'll also make sure to simply post whether the show is worth it or not for those who just plan to watch this on a weekly basis or at another time.

Clov

News from the Toonami Panel: Mamoru Oshii is directing a 5 part, original micro series produced by Production IG that will air on Toonami in 2017.

Well, that's neat! Nice to see Oshii returning to anime, even if it's just for a short series.

From our pal WTK:

- A Town Where You Live Blu-ray (license announced in AX '15 but BD wasn't announced)
- Galaxy Angel Blu-ray
- Martian Sucessor Nadesico Blu-ray (includes Gekiganger and the movie)

Coming soon:
- Gundam Reconguista in G
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
- Mobile Suit Gundam F91

Char was announced earlier in June, Utena was announced last year at AX,

Nadesico BD is new though. They previously had DVD rights.

Nadesico on blu-ray. What a time to be alive. That plus G-Reco will keep me plenty happy.

Macross 7 - eps ~10-30

Wow, after around episode 25 this show is actually kinda good! It still seems more like a Thundercats type of "defeat the enemy plot of the week" show than the dramatic series I was expecting to follow SDF and Macross Plus, but it's not bad. A mecha trio flying around with massive boomboxes fighting off alien attacks - I can dig it.

Mailbox

Lucky Star, Nichibros, Oshiete Galko-chan

Speaking of which, I kind of want to watch Hidamari Sketch. Maybe after I complete im@s.

I found the first season of Hidamari Sketch to be very very boring (the fact that apparently it has more camera cuts than the manga does doesn't help at all), but people keep telling me it gets better.

Should i watch the other seasons of Hidamari Sketch?

blurr

I found the first season of Hidamari Sketch to be very very boring (the fact that apparently it has more camera cuts than the manga does doesn't help at all), but people keep telling me it gets better.

Should i watch the other seasons of Hidamari Sketch?

how many sequels does this thing have (-___-)

Baalzebup

Mad respect for the OP BGBW. I'm sure you will eventually go on to earn a bronze statue for your contributions to the society and the world in general.

sonicmj1

ReLIFE Episode 11 – A Trip to the Past

Made me so angry, why is JPN business life usually portrayed like this. I hope IRL it isnt like this as Im about to job search and stuff.
how the boss even made her sound like some fallen warrior and using her to push his own agenda even knowing how they treated her, ugh, thats just awful

Since I'm not watching ReLife, I don't know what you're specifically referring to. But if you want anime to give you a more inside look at Japanese business life, you could check out underappreciated Noitamina show Hataraki Man. Good characters, and really culturally informative.

I think the source manga also has a drama adaptation.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anne Happy Episode 12 -

Wow what an episode lol

Anne is so sweet she gave me diabeetus.

I want more of this show.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Since I'm not watching ReLife, I don't know what you're specifically referring to. But if you want anime to give you a more inside look at Japanese business life, you could check out underappreciated Noitamina show Hataraki Man. Good characters, and really culturally informative.

I think the source manga also has a drama adaptation.
The one thing I remember about zeroshiki talking about working in Japan is that you'll end up working late, for "free", because that's just expected of you.

I assume corporate work life is a hell hole. lol

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The one thing I remember about zeroshiki talking about working in Japan is that you'll end up working late, for "free", because that's just expected of you.

I assume corporate work life is a hell hole. lol

It's that way in America too in some sectors and depending on the job lol.

But then you add in Japan's culture of also needing to go out drinking with the office and everything else.

Berserk 01

Hi I'm MetroidPrimeRib, notorious downer on literally everything that exists about this Berserk production and I'm here to tell you that its actually worse then I thought.

We all know the show is ugly so lets skip that because you can't convey how beyond God awful the sound design is via the previews so let me say - the sound design is among the, if not the worst I've ever seen. The real baffling this is that this episode is essentially -

1. Skipping the Black Swordsman, Lost Children and post Golden Age Arcs by combining them into one clusterfuck
2. Introducing Schierke, Isidro and Puck at the same time. Puck does not even know Guts at this point. We're talking about morphing together at least 100+ chapters. This is what you would call a bad adaptation.
3. Doing everything possible to get to the Millenium Falcon Arc has fast as can be done. So you can be terrible at that to.

And dear lord the garish colors for Farnese and Serpico are vomit worthy.

If you like this, fuck you. Especially you IGN and Kotaku. If you're reading this suck my dick.

Based Kishibe Rohan 14

this was good tho

Mandelbo

Hidamari Sketch season one is dull as all hell - x365 is better imo, even if I haven't finished it yet. The animation definately improved, but I suppose if you still don't really like the overall formula of Hidamari then x365 probably won't change your mind.

But really though, those bits in S1 where they just sit around a table for half an episode are the pits.

Narag

Turns out Gundam Build Fighters arrived today after all. Thought it'd be here Tuesday. This dub tho lol

Chindogg

So what the hell should I be watching this season?

Priority towards Cornbread's response since his tastes align more with mine outside of SAO.

Active Raid S1 End

That's it? I feel like the villain's plan ended just as it was starting to get interesting. Still, decent 6/10 show. The art fell apart towards the latter half, but the CG work was really well done. Characters didn't develop much, but they were reasonably amusing to watch. I'll probably check out season 2 to see if it improves off season 1.

Baalzebup

Berserk 01

Hi I'm MetroidPrimeRib, notorious downer on literally everything that exists about this Berserk production and I'm here to tell you that its actually worse then I thought.

We all know the show is ugly so lets skip that because you can't convey how beyond God awful the sound design is via the previews so let me say - the sound design is among the, if not the worst I've ever seen. The real baffling this is that this episode is essentially -

1. Skipping the Black Swordsman, Lost Children and post Golden Age Arcs by combining them into one clusterfuck
2. Introducing Schierke, Isidro and Puck at the same time. Puck does not even know Guts at this point. We're talking about morphing together at least 100+ chapters. This is what you would call a bad adaptation.
3. Doing everything possible to get to the Millenium Falcon Arc has fast as can be done. So you can be terrible at that to.

And dear lord the garish colors for Farnese and Serpico are vomit worthy.

If you like this, fuck you. Especially you IGN and Kotaku. If you're reading this suck my dick.

Funny. I just literally watched it as well, and Jesus what a shit-show it is. The pacing is all over the place, with nonsensical things lifted from the manga seemingly at random with no place in the "plot" they are not building. They are referencing things they are skipping anyway and mushing them together into an unholy mess that serves only to make manga readers be repulsed of what is being done to the source material. Who the hell thinks this is a good idea?

The music side was bad all over, not counting OP and ED. There are some inexplicably extra-janky moments like that vertical pan of the Spirit Tree after Schierkes lines shaking as if the camera was attached to a leaf or something.

Bonus points for the Kotaku review for mentioning this somehow having no sexual violence present despite the section after the OP opening with a woman being dragged from her hair to a dark alley or doorway. I'm sure that is just her worried husband hurrying her home.
You see, they're playing the long game with this new Berserk series.

They put this out, everyone hates it, then after a while they continue the movies. The movies are still pretty bad, but better than this unholy clusterfuck.
It's brilliant really.
And yet this would make so much more sense than the thought that someone actually considered this shit to be fit for release and consumption as an individual product in the franchise.

You see, they're playing the long game with this new Berserk series.

They put this out, everyone hates it, then after a while they continue the movies. The movies are still pretty bad, but better than this unholy clusterfuck.
It's brilliant really.

Mandelbo

Flying Witch 01

This was pretty good. Not an awful lot actually happened but for some reason it was still relatively compelling to watch.

Tanaka-kun is always listless 01

This was pretty dull and I stopped watching about halfway through. It does have above an 8 on MAL though, so perhaps I'll continue it later on.

Oshiete Galko-chan 01

Entertaining enough. I was expecting Galko's character to be slightly more interesting than it is, but I think I'll keep at it with this series. The short length definitely helps.

ReLife 01

Just a regular start-up episode. Eased into the premise well and that's pretty much it. No complaints so far. Will continue watching.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Flying witch end
Love the mundane fantasy aspect of this show. This is a really good show to chill and relax, heart warming all around.

JJBA DiU 14

Araki Rohan Kishibe terrorize Koichi and Hazamada was funny and scary at the same time. Spider licking scene was top notch, can't ask for a better spider licking scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom