• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Symphogear AXZ 01

DDyZgMgVwAAa6BG.jpg

this is so stupid i love it

Oh my God that entire opening sequence was amazing. On par with the legendary GX opening.

LotusHD

Banned
I always felt that Genkai was underutilized in Yu Yu Hakusho. Are there any other animes with badass old women that fight more than she did?

More than she did? That's a tough one... I can't think of any. Hell, I can barely come up with any badass old lady fighters to begin with.

zulux21

More than she did? That's a tough one... I can't think of any. Hell, I can barely come up with any badass old lady fighters to begin with.

you have one in his other major series hunter x hunter
Biscuit Krueger is 57

naruto has tsunade
Gate has Rory :p
the japanese version of dragon ball super has grandma goku :3

yeah old lady fighters are hard and most of them aren't drawn as old ladies lol.

LotusHD

Banned
you have one in his other major series hunter x hunter
Biscuit Krueger is 57

naruto has tsunade
Gate has Rory :p
the japanese version of dbz has grandma goku :3

yeah old lady fighters are hard and most of them aren't drawn as old ladies lol.

Yea, I know. Chiyo too from Naruto.

But yea, I think Genkai's prolly the GOAT in terms of screentime fighting-wise.

zulux21

Yea, I know. Chiyo too from Naruto.

But yea, I think Genkai's prolly the GOAT in terms of screentime fighting-wise.

oh yeah... I forget about her since that entire fight is 5 minutes of cool stuff and good ideas surrounded by 2 hours of pure stupid lol.

zulux21

I guess Tsunade from Naruto would be one.

the grandma from summer wars is pretty badass :p

one piece has chopper's teacher (and by anime standards of age... you could almost argue robin... I mean she is in her 30s >.> and thus an old lady by anime standards)

LotusHD

Banned
I guess Tsunade from Naruto would be one.

I feel like she barely counts because being in her 50s isn't that old, but more importantly, she's kind of cheating through her Transformation Jutsu making her look much younger, so it's not exactly portraying the image of an elder woman kicking ass.

Then again it's anime, so I guess ya take what ya can get where age is concerned.

Kickz

I feel like she barely counts because being in her 50s isn't that old, but more importantly, she's kind of cheating through her Transformation Jutsu making her look much younger, so it's not exactly portraying the image of an elder woman kicking ass.

Then again it's anime, so I guess ya take what ya can get where age is concerned.

Yea true, but she is still pretty badass being the first female leader of her village so I give her a pass.

zulux21

heck... making it 30 plus still doesn't make for a huge list.

nor does including video games.

yet badass grandpa in anime is a trope.

grandmas need more love.

Going by the (really good) Kakegurui OP the series will either be

1. Emasculated useless male MC gets routinely owned. Literally
2. Useless male MC gets shoved to the side because lesbians

Either are good. I think I'll like this show a lot.

Is Symphogear the new School Days of AnimeGAF? Or is it more like the new Happy Science?

wtf symphogear rules

LotusHD

Banned
Yea true, but she is still pretty badass being the first female leader of her village so I give her a pass.

Fair enough.

heck... making it 30 plus still doesn't make for a huge list.

nor does including video games.

yet badass grandpa in anime is a trope.

grandmas need more love.

Yea if we did old guys, then I can think of examples like Whitebeard from One Piece, Netero from HxH, etc. etc. lol

Poor old ladies... :(

duckroll

I'm just amazed at how long it is running. I would never have predicted it when it first started airing.

You did not predict that the creator of Wild Arms would abandon videogames to create a longrunning anime franchise about idols using music powered battle armor to fend off an alien invasion?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Going by the (really good) Kakegurui OP the series will either be

1. Emasculated useless male MC gets routinely owned. Literally
2. Useless male MC gets shoved to the side because lesbians

Either are good. I think I'll like this show a lot.

Let me know if it's the latter. Thank you.

So GAF, do you have a MAL account to keep track of your anime list (watched, dropped, plan to watch, etc)?

I've just made one the other day and I feel like I should've made it years, if not a decade, ago. Because I keep forgetting if I have watched certain anime or not at some point. I've been busy adding stuff to my list in the past few days.

Fate/Apocrypha - 01

This premiere was radical. A much needed change in the series that doesn't rely on the same old characters, while retaining the elements that made Fate, well, Fate. Pretty stoked for this one, can't wait to see what else this show has in store. First impressions from me are pretty positive, A-1 Studios isn't Ufotable but the work they did for this first episode was pretty good. Also, was not expecting the show to be as bloody as it is, the tone in this one seems to be more in line with Fate/Zero than Stay Night, which is a good thing.

LotusHD

Banned
So GAF, do you have a MAL account to keep track of your anime list (watched, dropped, plan to watch, etc)?

I've just made one the other day and I feel like I should've made it years, if not a decade, ago. Because I keep forgetting if I have watched certain anime or not at some point. I've been busy adding stuff to my list in the past few days.

I don't use it anymore, but yea I have one. I made it a few years late as well, but after making the account, there was this magical moment of clarity where I managed to remember every single show I've ever watched, despite there being a lot to remember lol

zulux21

yeah... took forever to set up for me, and I am still finding shows I have seen that I don't have on there.

I am also horrible at keeping it up to date lol.

Yep. Been using it since 2011. Don't care much for the forums but the list function itself is great.

My only gripe is how they have a lot of anime with well-known english titles listed by their romanized titles (examples, Paranoia Agent is titled Mousou Dairinin, Spice and Wolf is titled Ookami to Koushinryou, ect.). You can still search for them by their english names but they're romanized on your list.

Puruzi

Banned
I don't have a MAL or anything like it. Don't really like reviewing things and I remember the shows I watch so I don't need it.

I don't use it anymore, but yea I have one. I made it a few years late as well, but after making the account, there was this magical moment of clarity where I managed to remember every single show I've ever watched, despite there being a lot to remember lol

yeah... took forever to set up for me, and I am still finding shows I have seen that I don't have on there.

I am also horrible at keeping it up to date lol.

Yep. Been using it since 2011. Don't care much for the forums but the list function itself is great.

My only gripe is how they have a lot of anime with well-known english titles listed by their romanized titles (examples, Paranoia Agent is titled Mousou Dairinin, Spice and Wolf is titled Ookami to Koushinryou, ect.). You can still search for them by their english names but they're romanized on your list.

Yeah, I guess it'll be a hassle down the road, but thankfully I very rarely watch ongoing anime (I only watch anime after they're finished airing) so updating my list will be rather easy. I'll only need to mark everything with 'completed' or maybe 'dropped'. At least it'll help me after I'm away from anime for a while.

zulux21

Yeah, I guess it'll be a hassle down the road, but thankfully I very rarely watch ongoing anime (I only watch anime after they're finished airing) so updating my list will be rather easy. I'll only need to mark everything with 'completed' or maybe 'dropped'. At least it'll help me after I'm away from anime for a while.

I will point out my currently watching and plan to watch stuff lol

I tend to mean to check out like 10 shows per season...
and then when I Watch them I forget to update >.<:

every so often I go through those lists to find out I have like 40 shows to update lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sounds like AX was about as exciting as E3 this year. Just a bunch of whogivesafuck announcements and trailers.

People go to anime cons for the announcements?

Here I always thought they went so they could photograph the girls.

Theonik

People go to anime cons for the announcements?

Here I always thought they went so they could photograph the girls.
AX is kinda unique as far as western cons go because the Japanese industry actually cares so you get real news.

Quasar

I have a kitsu account that syncs with a old MAL one I have. It seems to sync but I'm not sure how ratings work across platforms and there are shows/stuff I read that MAL doesnt deem worthy so they don't sync.

Defuser

What do all these poeple taking pictures of cosplayers gonna do with those pictures?

This ain't japan where they could sell photobooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom