• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Summer Anime 2017 |OT| More streaming services than shows to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_i

Now I wondering if I should continue with Made in Abyss after hearing impressions of the new episode. Maybe I should watch the new episode of New Game!! afterwards.

javac

Your Name Collector's Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray+DVD+CD) (UK)
bWY7Ril.jpg
£14.99 @ Base.com
I forgot I had some more images.

This one isn't mine but it's from the same sequence in the episode and pretty identical in quality. I only have a crappy photo of mine so thought using this was better.

Honestly that Bebop cel isn't particularly good. The characters are too far away from the frame. I might have taken some photos now that I think about it, but they probably got lost in the years gone by, due to all the image hosts that have crashed and burned. It's kind of frustrating.
Those are nice, I really want a cel of deedlit for some reason, I love her design, quite expensive tho.

Thud

Dragonball Super 106

No Toriyama handjob for Tien. Actually he doesn't really need it, a pair of brains would work as well.

BluWacky

That narrator sounds like Jude Law. wtf is this lol.

It is Jude Law.

Neo Yokio looks quite astonishingly awful; bottom barrel animation and even worse dialogue/acting. Who was willing to commission or fund this tripe? It doesn't even look like they've done the action effects animation decently, which pretty much every anime gets right nowadays. Did Jaden Smith pay for it himself, and if so, how on earth did he get this cavalcade of stars to voice such shite?

Made in Abyss - 10

Not recommending this to anyone anymore. Show is beautiful, has beautiful music and an interesting world. But I feel sick. Like, nauseous.

I'll probably finish it but... fuck.

Nohar

Made in Abyss 10:

No one can call this show cutesy anymore. I haven't felt nauseous and genuinely horrified like that in a while.

Dave1988

Made in Abyss finally reached the point where the real shit is starting to go down.

And this is still nothing compared to what comes after. But we'll probably won't see it in this season of MiA

Nohar

... Judging from the gleeful reactions regarding what is in store for us in episode 13, I am not sure that I like where this is going.

This is going to be amazing in the worst possible way, isn't it?

Dave1988

... Judging from the gleeful reactions regarding what is in store for us in episode 13, I am not sure that I like where this is going.

This is going to be amazing in the worst possible way, isn't it?

Let's just say that the real Dark Souls starts here :p

I can't recall the last time a show made me feel physically ill. From what you guys are saying, I'm honestly questioning if I want to go any further. I want to know what happens, but at the same time... ugh. I don't want to feel like this every week.

Made in Abyss 10 - Little surprised at all the shocked reactions. I kinda felt like the series had done plenty of hinting that shit like this could totally happen. Chekhov's gun and all that. Based on the comments from earlier I expected way worse.

phaze

Zaregoto 07
Holy shit. This seems like an actually logical resolution to the second locked room mystery. I like it. Bah I sat there somewhat amazed by it and by how it merges deviousness and brutality with a touch of morbid humour. If the previous eps were a pretty slow and sometimes even grueling build-up than this is the climax and it sure delivered. Shinboesque action, character resolutions, mystery explanations ... all that's needed to stick landing are some sound motivations behind the deeds. Sadly, since I take this is but a beginning of an entire cycle of books, I imagine that what makes the protagonist tick won't get fully explored here.

Made in Abyss 10 - Little surprised at all the shocked reactions. I kinda felt like the series had done plenty of hinting that shit like this could totally happen. Chekhov's gun and all that. Based on the comments from earlier I expected way worse.

Sure. It could be said that the marketing for the show didn't play up the darker aspects of the setting, but the show itself has been clear from the start about the dangers of the Abyss, which only grow as you go deeper and deeper. It's hardly out of nowhere. Still, seeing it in action as opposed to just being told of the possibility is going to be a shock for most.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I was hoping they'd actually cut off Riko's arm and they need to use a relic in place of a hand.

Qurupeke

Virgin Soul 21

Wow, this seemed particularly well done for a set up episode. Also, for a moment I thought it wouldn't be a sad episode, I'm a fool.

DNAbro

Boruto 23

Sakura's fight looked pretty badass. Had some really great animation, i forget they can actually do that every once in awhile. Interested to see where the show goes from here.

also I mentioned Made in Abyss gets fucked up. Love the reactions lol.

Tonton

Gamers! 02-03
Seeing someone complain about doubling down on Moe ruining the Japanese game industry in this show feels kinda ironic

Luv the Ys reference Chiaki was right, the music is the best part

Laiza

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - 21

Amazing. The direction is incredible, and the events it's building up towards are going to be such chaos. I especially liked the hazy look of the initial section
as Rita struggles to save El's life

No one's going to be happy with the outcome of this, huh? Just a feeling I'm getting at this point...

Dali

That new episode of gamers is just... well it was something else.

"I choose you!" Nope. No room for misinterpretation there.

All I can say is that I'm so glad I didn't try to watch Made in Abyss today on my lunch break. I excepted the threats of the Abyss to overwhelm our heroes eventually, I just didn't think the show would go into such graphic detail.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sure. It could be said that the marketing for the show didn't play up the darker aspects of the setting, but the show itself has been clear from the start about the dangers of the Abyss, which only grow as you go deeper and deeper. It's hardly out of nowhere. Still, seeing it in action as opposed to just being told of the possibility is going to be a shock for most.

Not just the shock of the deadlier elements,
like I knew that the bleeding was coming for example,
but what the manga does not have is the vocal performances selling the shit out of the agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom