• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

God why did I read the comments on that FnF video?

I'm also very confused on why shadbase was mention in the comments and also it's down?

AGAIN NEVER READ YT Comments

KRaZyAmmo

The SBFP LP of Omikron is art

At first, the SBFP were just fucking around with it and trying to get to the next mission. But then there is
the factory glitch
and then whatever was holding up the game just shat it's pants. It becomes so bad, that the game itself is a villian and the poor SBFP are the heroes trying to defeat it. The sheer insanity of the game spirals out of fucking control and the SBFP start treating this piece of polygonal agony like the piece of shit it is. The last episode ends on unsatisfactory note for the viewer, leaving to guess that is how the SBFP felt after beating the game itself,

Damnit...now I'm rewatching the whole Omikron LP. Thanks

Omikron was odious in so many new, unexpected, unpredictable ways that I fear that it was ultimately peak David Cage and that Detroit will just be disappointingly mediocre when they finally get to it, instead of the horrendous black hole of quality it needs to be to properly close out the Sadness Hexology.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I like gun nun

EDIT: a cute girl wizard with emblem that's a Not-Swastika on top of a Star of... David...?

EDIT EDIT: Oh god, Blitztank Vs Blitztank

Omikron was odious in so many new, unexpected, unpredictable ways that I fear that it was ultimately peak David Cage and that Detroit will just be disappointingly mediocre when they finally get to it, instead of the horrendous black hole of quality it needs to be to properly close out the Sadness Hexology.

At the very least we can expect some wild, wild racism from Detroit.

Matsukaze

Persona 5 acquired.

Good thing I was only regularly watching the Dark Souls LP because much of my leisurely video-watching time is going to be funneled into P5.

Off topic but I figure there's some overlap. Anyone watch Crit1kal? Was his video today supposed to be serious or is it april fools? His voice delivery makes it really goddamn hard to tell.

Pat's currently streaming Nier Automata while devouring this

C8RpgcFUMAIuET3.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/angriestpat

Menitta

Yeah I watched Liam's stream of Nier and that was a biiiiiig mistake. If you're interested in EVER playing Nier, don't watch anyone play it. I haven't even BOUGHT it yet and I can tell that game is excellent.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Yeah I watched Liam's stream of Nier and that was a biiiiiig mistake. If you're interested in EVER playing Nier, don't watch anyone play it. I haven't even BOUGHT it yet and I can tell that game is excellent.

Watching this thread talk about Nier kills me because I still don't have it. I finally did my taxes, and the very first thing I get with the money is Nier(or my next paycheck, whichever comes first)

Fat4all

Banned
you should be a good doggy and do your taxes super early like me

it was the only way i was able to buy so many fucking video games, as well as a new console

but now im broke again, so all is right in the world

you should be a good doggy and do your taxes super early like me

Yeah I did mine back in February. No reason to wait once you have all your documents. Plus you get your refund back faster than when everyone's turning their taxes in at once.

The game theorist channel is good tho

No. No he's not. "Here's a video that's 10 minutes longer than it has any right to be, stringing together the loosest connections imaginable to come up with an absurd theory that has no basis in reality."

He was so hilariously wrong about how Five Nights at Freddy's worked, for example. Scott Cawthon even commented on that video and told him it was wrong.

Village

No. No he's not. "Here's a video that's 10 minutes longer than it has any right to be, stringing together the loosest connections imaginable to come up with an absurd theory that has no basis in reality."

He was so hilariously wrong about how Five Nights at Freddy's worked, for example. Scott Cawthon even commented on that video and told him it was wrong.

I find that he does a hell of a lot of research actually, even if I don't always agree with him. Ontop of that, the FNAF videos in particular he does do an insane amount of research. Fun fact, that wasn't scott cawthon, it was some guy playing scott who then just deleted his comment, scott has however on two other occasions told he was write about his theories, during fnaf 2 and saying he was on the right track with sister location.

It seems as though you don't have an actual opinion and might be regurgitating lies that you heard on the internet.

Also, also bonus even if that was real scott, so what? His videos he makes are just theory videos of what he thinks, i can't really fault him? Its a theory video or something so outlandish about something he's thinking about that it isn't meant to be taken too seriously and he admits about over analyzing video games.

So all that

April fools was yesterday kid

He's great tho, cool channel , cool dude.

I know we cynical up here, and its hip and cool to hate on all these cool popular channels, but nah its good. Its popular for a reason.

Also whats even funnier about your response, mothers basement likes the gametheory, so...you know.

It seems as though you don't have an actual opinion and might be regurgitating lies that you heard on the internet.

My opinion is that his videos are rambling garbage, I thought I made that rather clear. He takes minor, sometimes technically limited things, and blows them out as if they're the smoking gun of a storyline that has existed only in his head.

Also whats even funnier about your response, mothers basement likes the gametheory, so...you know.

I never said an opinion of what Jeff thinks of Game Theory. I said the video Jeff put up did an amazing job of highlighting how absurd the Game Theory videos can be.

Village

My opinion is that his videos are rambling garbage, I thought I made that rather clear. He takes minor, sometimes technically limited things, and blows them out as if they're the smoking gun of a storyline that has existed only in his head.
He often doesn't? a great many of his theories aren't about uncovering storylines, they are just thought dumps on how things work in a universe. And the ones that are vary, some I agree with or at least find interesting like fnaf. To which there isn't some minor thing, he does extensive research and tends usually be on the money with it. And others are like undertail , where I can't agree, but end up enjoying the video. The first undertail is built on minor details admittedly, the next 3 weren't and seem pretty well done.

Like his dark souls videos he just made, pretty neat.

I never said an opinion of what Jeff thinks of Game Theory. I said the video Jeff put up did an amazing job of highlighting how absurd the Game Theory videos can be.

I think it was less trying to highlight anything but more much like his own vidoes about the SBF he's having a goof and a gaf at a youtuber he likes. But hey man put your own spin on it. I'm not gonna stop you .

I love this series and I hope he never stops with it. Everything about how they play completely clicks with me.

On the topic of game theory, I used to enjoy most of the content he would put out. Mostly the science about what happens in games ( like the Chrono trigger time travel, or the effectiveness of Zelda potions, or how fast sonic actually was in games)

Then he got more into the fan theories instead of the game theories. FNAF was a significant turning point for that. I'm pretty sure matpat noticed that stuff got him more traffic then the other stuff and that is when he focused more on fan theories.

I find a lot of that stuff is pretty dumb 90% of the time, especially when people use debunked science to prove their fan theories (eg link is dead in Majora's mask stages of grief nonsense). He stopped trying to be the smartest show on YouTube, I stopped watching.

Thing is, I don't think anyone can blame him for the focus on fan theories. It got him a huge viewer ship boost, branding with diet Coke and a lot of success. But the mother's basement video did outline some things that definitely are annoying about how matpat has creates his videos.

But I'm pretty sure it was all in good fun, as it was an April 1st video.

kewlmyc

These guys are insane for doing a P5 playthrough.

So we're going to have:

P5 Playthrough
Yakuza 0 Playthrough
Dark Souls 1 Playthough

All going on at the same time. Holy shit. Poor Billy.

Top Bottom