• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Fat4all

Banned
Pat and Woolie have a decent enough understanding of Persona to know when to cut and grind a bit so they don't get stuck later on.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Xux

I kinda regret never getting into Persona. My 2017's kinda stacked, though; I still wanna get over my regret of never getting into Yakuza someday. And #FE still looks really cool.

I guess I'll watch a few episodes and see if I wanna buy it. And then just let the videos play on mute or something like I'm starting to with Batman. And I really like Batman, you guys.

Woolie, I just want you to know that the degree to which Eli humored you on Skullomania is like 500,000 times what you actually deserved from the description you gave him.

Well, at least one thing good has already come from the persona 5 LP.
I actually wasn't even thinking of the waifus. That'll go well...

Don't get me wrong, I do want the LP to go well, its just...I have some serious reservations.
Strimei while your here, I don't suppose you remember the little wager we set if they ever decided to do a Persona 5 LP? ;)

JC Sera

VldfSTS.png

animal sex facts: the podcast
ft. local resident animal sex facts expert, Plague

Maybe Mario?
I'm pretty sure Barkley was blind for both of them.
Either that or they were really good at acting as though it was their first reactions...

The very start of mario they talked who amazing it was neither of them had played it before. And if they had played Barkley before, they deserve an award for that acting.

Fancolors

Oh, they are doing P5? Well, there goes another LP I'm not going to be watching. Even without the grinding and dungeon exploring, this is still a JRPG with over 80 hours of content. It would probably work better as streaming material than a LP.

Guys, Pat specifically asked for positive reinforcement and encouragement to help with his extreme anxiety regarding the P5 LP, because he's freaking out.

Guys, why are you just giving him more things to worry about? Guys?

Oh.

Disgraced

It's so annoying to see another piece of Batman media largely ignoring or entirely forgoing the Bat Family. I'm perfectly okay with the Wayne family being imperfect or even corrupt but it seems like a story that would lend itself so well to an older Batman who has his own children. Considering other Bat media, forgoing the Bat Family feels like a safe yet strange decision when Telltale is known for their stories about familes and circumstantial families.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
P5 LP? Okay. I'm glad there's something I can watch. I'm interested in getting Yakuza 0 but have zero interest in playing the persona games, maybe them playing it will be watchable.

Gestahl

I can't wait for the video after the first recording session where Joker is lv 80 and Pat starts "guessing" plot points

I can't wait for the video after the first recording session where Joker is lv 80 and Pat starts "guessing" plot points

According to the podcast, he wont need to guess anything because woolie will know as he will be playing at his own pace(unless he plays really slowly i guess). The level 80 joker will totally happen as he will be spending time between session grinding.

Village

It's so annoying to see another piece of Batman media largely ignoring or entirely forgoing the Bat Family. I'm perfectly okay with the Wayne family being imperfect or even corrupt but it seems like a story that would lend itself so well to an older Batman who has his own children. Considering other Bat media, forgoing the Bat Family feels like a safe yet strange decision when Telltale is known for their stories about familes and circumstantial families.

I feel you.

It strange to, because batfamily members are also popular

The titians have always been popular and at multiple point s outsold their older counter parts, and that was lead by two different robins

Red hood is popular

Batwoman has a popular comic

Batgirls new comic is popular, and she got popular again with her inclusion within the TAS.

Damian wayne to many peoples disdain is popular

Like you could sell those characters, they also help sell bruce. Heck, jayson todd got the realist reaction from Bruce way i've ever seen and it was only possible through the bat family. I feel like they should be explored more

JC Sera

Cassie is one of the most interesting bat-family characters
especially the depiction which has learning disabilities

gdi now i want more bat family stuff

Altairre

Since the Endurance Run dream is dead this might be the next best thing. I'll be playing it as well so I'm kind of curious if they approach it differently. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that Woolie is playing ahead though.

Anung

Un Rama
Guys, Pat specifically asked for positive reinforcement and encouragement to help with his extreme anxiety regarding the P5 LP, because he's freaking out.

Guys, why are you just giving him more things to worry about? Guys?

Oh.

I've never even played a Persona game before and even I think this is going to turn out badly. Then again I just assume all view chasing just released LP's are going to turn out poorly.

I wish we'd get more short and sweet LP's (apart from Batman it's lame) fuck all these 80-100 plus LP's.

I've never even played a Persona game before and even I think this is going to turn out badly. Then again I just assume all view chasing just released LP's are going to turn out poorly.

I wish we'd get more short and sweet LP's (apart from Batman it's lame) fuck all these 80-100 plus LP's.

Yeah I never make it beyond, like, the 5th-10th episode of any Souls playthrough, let alone something like P5. If they're gonna LP it, I think they should focus on a barebones one. Well, if it weren't the first time Pat was to play through it.

I'm okay with this.

I'm not watching a Persona playthrough to see the MLG BIG PLAYS where an underleveled party lames it out against bosses. Let Pat grind out whatever level of hugeness he needs to just steamroll the combat encounters, it's the JRPG way.

Matsukaze

I'm okay with this.

I'm not watching a Persona playthrough to see the MLG BIG PLAYS where an underleveled party lames it out against bosses. Let Pat grind out whatever level of hugeness he needs to just steamroll the combat encounters, it's the JRPG way.
In that case, he's better off just picking Safe mode at the beginning. It'll save him time grinding.

ShadyK54

And I was really looking forward to the LP, too.. 😪

Oh, well. Wonder if it (the Atlus stuff) will ever resolve itself.

Matsukaze

Pat mentioned on Twitter he is more concerned about waifu warriors being waifu warriors than he is with actual criticism of his choices, yet it would have been inevitable that he and Woolie would come to blows midway through recording one day when their own waifu ideological differences got the better of them.

Matt may as well have made a sign that says "___ days without a Persona waifu conflict" and hung it in the office.

Atlus did them a favor.

No, I am not serious.

Wiseblade

Wow, talk about being saved from self destruction! Woolie & Pat gleefully rolled into those gravesend and Atlus yanked them right put. Just think about the everything they would have happened:

* embarassing battle strategy (I still have nightmares about that FFX LP, even if I enjoyed it)

* getting school questions wrong despite owning smartphones

* getting lost

* forgetting schedules

* failing tests

* struggling with basic enemies

* ignoring ingame boss hints

* Fighting over who to Waifu

* somehow picking worst girl

* approaching worst girl inefficiently

* generally being wrong about everything

Better for them to just talk about it on the podcast and just disguise their wrongness.

Wow, talk about being saved from self destruction! Woolie & Pat gleefully rolled into those gravesend and Atlus yanked them right put.
Yup. It sucks that they have to cancel an LP
and I might've been the one to tell them
, but it's better for the channel in the long run and at least it happened super early in the process.

That said, now Woolie is busy explaining that they won't do the LP and keep it stashed in case Atlus eases up on the restrictions, mostly because they couldn't do a secret LP for a game this size and maintain even one video a day.

Matsukaze

Time for the boys to pick a name out of a hat and go record a random-ass LP.

Play Siren or Haunting Ground, you wonderful shitlords. :p

Top Bottom