• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Edzi

PERSONA 5 LP CONFIRMED

EVERY DAY 3PM VIDEO UNTIL THEY DIE
tenor.gif

lol, they'll never learn. I guess it brings in the views though, and that's where the priorities lie so it makes sense.

I'm starting to think I really am done with these guys and their content, as sad as it is to consider.

kewlmyc

Each episode is going to have to be at least an hour long. 30 minutes isn't going to cover it unless it's HEAVILY edited down.

I wonder if they're going to approach this like the Yakuza LP, keeping things off unless they think it's important for the video. But then again, knowing how Persona games tend to intertwine the story and side story stuff together, could they get away with that?

All I know is I like Dark Souls and Yakuzzi LPs so as long as those keep going, this should be fun to watch.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
You know what? I'll take this over a Nier LP because I think I can atleast watch this. I don't feel as bad about spoiling myself on Persona.
I'm going to regret watching this.

Also who's gonna do it? Pat and Wollie?

Edit: Also dark age of super long LPs. Hope people don't like new things because yeah... also when the hell is the DS3 DLC?

Anung

Un Rama
I've dropped Batman but not because of the guys but more that it's just a really lame telltale game.

Not started Yakuza Zero. Don't think I can be bothered unless it was ridciously heavily edited.

Village

PERSONA 5 LP CONFIRMED

EVERY DAY 3PM VIDEO UNTIL THEY DIE

I will only watch if they go in hard in the paint

i'm talking doin not errythang, but alot.

i don't have to see it on camera , but I want their homework. When they come back I want routes finished

ShadyK54

*sees P5 is going to be an LP*

"Cool, I'm gonna check the thread & see who else is hyped for Pers- oh...ok."

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fawkward%2Fjustin-timerlake.gif

But really, nice that they're going for this. This is a series I can see myself binge watching after letting a few parts stack up throughout the week since I want to get a playthrough in first.

Village

Wanna see this just so Pat can delete his save file and finally get his revenge

1455647663072.png

only exposure to MLP is sbfp vids lol

2snacks gotta speed it up

also that's fine, its a kids show. If it were say steven universe or adventure time I would judge you.

*sees P5 is going to be an LP*

"Cool, I'm gonna check the thread & see who else is hyped for Pers- oh...ok."

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fawkward%2Fjustin-timerlake.gif

I'm okay with it. I mostly watch their long-form LPs and one-shots, I personally haven't cared for most of the 3-12 episode stuff.

Yeah, that's right, it's me inflating the view count of Dark Souls LPs so that they keep making more of them. Deal with it, nerds.

Numb

2snacks gotta speed it up

also that's fine, its a kids show. If it were say steven universe or adventure time I would judge you.
I have seen both those and enjoyed them immensely
Especially SU
The closest I'll get to caring about mlp is that Thems fighting herds fighter spirit

And Jandro
a2NG4W2.jpg

They do realise Persona 5 is like a 100 hour game? If the parts are an hour long that'd still be 100 parts...

I'm looking forward to the LP but I'm gonna have to avoid it like the plague because deadlines at uni and I can't play P5 until at least next week.

Strimei

Wait what, they're doing a P5 LP?

That's...honestly kind of insane.

I still stand by the thought that RPGs are video LP poison. The only one I've really seen turn out well was Giant Bomb's Endurance Run and even there, Vinny and Jeff were flagging pretty bad at points.

Christ, the thing's going to be last the whole year, probably.

edit: Hell, didn't Pat himself say at one point a Persona game is LP poison?

Matsukaze

Wait what, they're doing a P5 LP?

That's...honestly kind of insane.

I still stand by the thought that RPGs are video LP poison. The only one I've really seen turn out well was Giant Bomb's Endurance Run and even there, Vinny and Jeff were flagging pretty bad at points.

Christ, the thing's going to be last the whole year, probably.

edit: Hell, didn't Pat himself say at one point a Persona game is LP poison?
Yes he did. He said as much regarding both P4 and Nocturne - that they are too long, too much downtime, hard to comfortably manage, etc. I'm curious as to what changed his mind.

No matter how amazing a game P5 is, I cannot see this LP as being anything other than a slog-and-a-half. I also think they are setting themselves up to be blasted on Twitter and in the comments by everyone and their brother about what they do or don't do (even more so than usual, I mean).

Strimei

Yes he did. He said as much regarding both P4 and Nocturne - that they are too long, too much downtime, hard to comfortably manage, etc. I'm curious as to what changed his mind.

No matter how amazing a game P5 is, I cannot see this LP as being anything other than a slog-and-a-half. I also think they are setting themselves up to be blasted on Twitter and in the comments by everyone and their brother about what they do or don't do (even more so than usual, I mean).

He said on the subreddit that they made this decision last July, so apparently they've been planning it for a while.

They don't like the shitting on they get for Dark Souls, just wait for this. Jesus, this feels like a really bad idea to me, honestly.

They don't like the shitting on they get for Dark Souls, just wait for this. Jesus, this feels like a really bad idea to me, honestly.

I can't believe Woolie went on a date with Chie when his social link progress was too low to level up and he had an event he could have done for free progress that would have saved him an entire weekend date slot! HOW CAN A HUMAN BEING BE THIS WRONG?!

Moaradin

They said they would heavily edit all the grinding and LP unfriendly stuff after the newness of it wears off. They sure have their work cut out for them if they're gonna do a Persona 5 video a day, on top of the Dark Souls and Yakuza LPs (which are already super long games).

But hey, this will be a lot of content, and that's what people wanted, right?

Edzi

tenor.gif

I'm sorry, but it's kinda hard to deny now that they've just stopped caring about what would make for a good video and instead opt for the stuff that brings in the most views with the least amount of effort.

I'm sorry, but it's kinda hard to deny now that they've just stopped caring about what would make for a good video and instead opt for the stuff that brings in the most views with the least amount of effort.

Maybe we give them a chance to put an episode out first before getting wicked judgmental about it?

Strimei

I can't believe Woolie went on a date with Chie when his social link progress was too low to level up and he had an event he could have done for free progress that would have saved him an entire weekend date slot! HOW CAN A HUMAN BEING BE THIS WRONG?!

I actually wasn't even thinking of the waifus. That'll go well...

Don't get me wrong, I do want the LP to go well, its just...I have some serious reservations.

I actually wasn't even thinking of the waifus. That'll go well...

Don't get me wrong, I do want the LP to go well, its just...I have some serious reservations.

Not even waifus, optimal waifu strategies.

Everyone knows Woolie should have studied in the Evening slot on Tuesday so he could have hit the Exam Score necessary to get free social link progress, then had a date event with Best Waifu to progress the social link. This abject failure of dating strategy cannot continue.

Strimei

Not even waifus, optimal waifu strategies.

Everyone knows Woolie should have studied in the Evening slot on Tuesday so he could have hit the Exam Score necessary to get free social link progress, then had a date event with Best Waifu to progress the social link. This abject failure of dating strategy cannot continue.

Hah. I know someone who plans their game out like that and just not for me, I like to just let the winds take me where I will.

One benefit to the guys playing it at release, though, is that this sort of thing should be at a minimum...at the start, since I imagine people will quickly outpace them.

Waifu-less playthrough is the only way to prevent the channel from tearing itself asunder.

Actually, I kind of want Pat to go every waifu possible, so long as the game has something akin to the P4G's valentine's event where it basically confronts you for being a playboy.

the p4 best sisters video brought me here, and my first lp was CT so I am 100% okay with this... however I probably wont watch it because, uhh... I'll be busy playing it. At best I'll watch until they catch up with me(and I'm sure at some point i'll take a break from playing, so it'll happen eventually).

I think waiting till one of them completed the game would have been a good idea, but mostly they just need to figure out the right stuff to edit out and fortunately they have a guy for that now so it'll be fine.

Hah. I know someone who plans their game out like that and just not for me, I like to just let the winds take me where I will.

I honestly hope for P5 they've taken one extra step and made it literally impossible to 100% the game on first playthrough. P4 was possible to 100%, but only if you followed a schedule to near perfection, which really encouraged that type of gonzo spreadsheet-management gameplay.

If it's not possible to 100% on first playthrough and relatively easy to 100% on NG+, everyone can just relax and date Chie.

FlowersisBritish

God yiu people and your waifu talk. Why is there even a debate when one of the characters is a nerdy red head with glasses and long hair? Do none of you have eyes?

Isn't the Dark Souls playthrough near the end?

Not really, going to do some math here. Woolie's been kinda blazing through it, but still a lot of game to go (though important to note these last areas are actually kind of half done and a lot shorter and less complex for the most part) so I'm going to do a spoilery guess as to how long it'll take him cause I'm bored and what else am I supposed to do? Still can't afford Nier and I platinumed Horizon so that game is basically dead to me now.

So Giant's Tomb I'm gonna say two episodes to get in and wrap that up. Demon everything hmmm, One episode to get to Sage(think that's his name) two for butt town half an episode for the boss because fuck that bad fucking boss. Seath's place? That one is going to be the time-consuming place because Woolie is shit with directions and that place is basically a maze. I'll say three and we get into the Crystal cave which'll be one and done. Then we get DLC adventures. Royal woods? Gonna say two in a half, that place is pretty big and to get to it he has to fight a pretty tough boss. A whole fucking episode for Artorias and Gough(as they deserve). One to get into the abyss, Two to beat the abyss and Manus, then an episode for Kiln and Gwyn and we are done.

So I'm going to say 17 episodes.

Strimei

Isn't the Dark Souls playthrough near the end?

Depends on how fast Woolie goes, but they are nearing the end.
Three lord souls left along with their areas, and the DLC. Unless I'm forgetting something.

God yiu people and your waifu talk. Why is there even a debate when one of the characters is a nerdy red head with glasses and long hair? Do none of you have eyes?

I'm gonna have to go with Woolie on this one (I hope anyway) and go short hair > everyone else. Makoto!

FlowersisBritish

Have they ever actually done a blind playthrough of an rpg though? I'm not going to count Dark Souls because its an action rpg and I am talking about hard turn based RPG. FFX turned to blind after a point, but Matt had a decent memory for the beginning part of that LP and they didn't get to the stuff he was blind until way late game.

Top Bottom