• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

da0f44c6978cae01ceb09216425a4237.png

b9fad71309326a44a4b3caa7a64b50e2.png

what an amazing videogame

HAVING MATT READING THESE LINES IS INCREDIBLE 10/10 BEST LP

Frimaire

Damn, I've been spending the past few days watching new MST3K when I would have been watching Best Friends.
Now I'm done and I have like 6 hours of LPs built up...

Huh. Woolie put on RoFaP, apparently out of consensus that it's the best ring. The thing is I don't remember seeing any criticism or call for him to use it. At least not here anyway.

Jintor

that pat nier lp was fun

man pat is someone you gotta pace your exposure to though. i like him a bunch but four straight hours of pat is not something you can just waltz into

Prelude.

I miss Liam, period. I recently played MGSV and I was watching the Liam and Pat LP as I was going through the game, and, man, the channel is missing that kind of humour. His stream is just not the same thing, he doesn't have that kind of dynamic when he's alone. (obviously)

I miss Liam, period. I recently played MGSV and I was watching the Liam and Pat LP as I was going through the game, and, man, the channel is missing that kind of humour. His stream is just not the same thing, he doesn't have that kind of dynamic when he's alone. (obviously)

That's the same way I feel/felt about Ray when he left Achievement Hunter. His style was much more suited for a group dynamic to bounce off of versus jokes to the open air.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member

I agree. I'm glad he's doing what he wants, but he's also kind of just playing anything he can think of. I wish I was more interested in watching him play Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts but I'm not.

There have still been good LP's post Liam but the group dynamic is missing something.

I have no idea why Liam split away. He didn't really have a "brand" he could focus on. If he wanted to do games the others didn't want to play, why not do his own channel like they're all doing?

MrHoot

I have no idea why Liam split away. He didn't really have a "brand" he could focus on. If he wanted to do games the others didn't want to play, why not do his own channel like they're all doing?

He also had/has mental health issues he wanted to take care of and take time for himself

Anung

Un Rama

You don't realise what you have until its gone ;_;

Edzi

Honestly, Liam's decision makes sense to me from one perspective, since he was clearly burnt out and wanted more out of his career/life than the channel was providing. What I can't really respect though is him leaving the channel to become an incredibly generic and not so successful streamer. Professional/full time streaming is already by its nature a pretty manipulative form of money making that takes advantage of viewers with the lowest possible amount of effort, so seeing him leave to supposedly do bigger and better things only to land on streaming is pretty lame.

He also had/has mental health issues he wanted to take care of and take time for himself

I know you guys don't like hearing this, but I still think the whole mental health issues point that both Matt and Liam brought up before leaving has been incredibly overblown. Anxiety and burnout are normal, but the internet tends to react to the mention of any kind of mental issue with blind sympathy, which is what I think they were both counting on to soften the fan blowback toward their decisions and to remove some of the burden/responsibility when it comes to completely owning their decisions to leave.

Matt absolutely blew his up a bit. He should have gone with he was feeling burnt out and not leaned so far into it.

Liam I have no idea since he just left and honestly I wasn't too into him to begin with.

That said a little sympathy towards people who have legit illnesses is the right thing to do.

Fancolors

I think Liam also mentioned he was also working on some things like game development, so maybe that was also a factor for the split.

It's a bit presumptuous to just say Liam was under 'normal' burnout/anxiety. Nobody besides him really knows the extent of what he may be dealing with. So if he determines it best to go solo then that's probably the best call. If he does decide to return I am sure the others would be happy to welcome him back.

Exodust

Banned
Is it me, or has their videos been getting a lot less views than it used to? Seemed like their sub count goes up but not so much the views. And I'm not talking about in comparison to their original machinima episode view count, I'm talking the main account.

Sucks if true. Since while there have been a few rough LP's, there's been some great ones.

KRaZyAmmo

Audio is also very off in this fisticuff. This game looks....not good. There's something to me that seems off. I don't know what it is.

Top Bottom