• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends |OT19| Three-Fifths of a Thread

Holy shit Woolie's brain just exploding after he got the pendant.

"Deflects Dark Magic" does not mean go walk up and facefuck the enemy with a physical mace.

And of course he tries one time in a way that won't let him actually see what it does. I bet he won't do it again because it didn't work.

real talk is there something wrong with woolie

Strimei

Holy shit Woolie's brain just exploding after he got the pendant.

"Deflects Dark Magic" does not mean go walk up and facefuck the enemy with a physical mace.

And of course he tries one time in a way that won't let him actually see what it does. I bet he won't do it again because it didn't work.

real talk is there something wrong with woolie

He does use it later and sees that it works, but yeah I don't foresee him using it much.

I didn't even know the pendant existed until I beat Manus. Feel like that would've made him a good deal easier.

Also running into melee range of the casters makes them go over to melee, so not like using it in melee range would help anyway.

Also running into melee range of the casters makes them go over to melee, so not like using it in melee range would help anyway.

Yeah but using it at range should keep him from taking all of that damage that he does when he tries to tank the hits with a shield. He's certainly not rolling through it, especially with those later areas and rooms filled with those casters.

For Honor is trash

giphy.gif

The game has serious balancing issues for duel mode too, which made a lot of people drop it after a week or two.

Probably a combination of that and the fact that Ubisoft ran a very, very effective social media/content creation focused promotional blitz, which probably made the whole thing look like a much bigger deal than it already was.

Like, yes, everyone and their mother was talking about it for a few weeks, but that's because Ubisoft explicitly reached out to Twitch streamers, YouTubers, etc. to get them talking. The actual hype was probably much less than the reflection.

Caught up on Batman and yeah, Harvey's stuff escalates by an absurd degree in one episode. It probably would've worked if at any point in the game, the writers had Bruce and Harvey talk about Harvey's past. If you made Harvey a military brat, his weird abandonment issues would make total sense and would make him more sympathetic, instead of super pathetic.

pbayne

After falling off the best friends wagon for the last few months i checked out some of Liam's new stuff. Its actually pretty nice, relaxed background listening. Really glad to see him doing well. Plus he generally avoids the one thing i really hated about Pats stream is that he dosen't read out messages and do shout outs every minute.

Woolie solo Naruto stuff is pretty fun too.

Strimei

Woolie really should just use an arrow or something on the pygmies to draw one away from a crowd instead of just trying to kite them.

ArjanN

He does use it later and sees that it works, but yeah I don't foresee him using it much.

I didn't even know the pendant existed until I beat Manus. Feel like that would've made him a good deal easier.

Honestly the pendant is ok for Manus and not much else. For the regular enemies I found it easier to just run in and stab them than fumbling around with the pendant. Maybe if it actually reflected the magic back at them I'd be worth it.

Geg

Watching through Liam's old stream of Nier Automata and seeing him freak out over everything that happens after ending B is just making my day

Strimei

So for some reason I've been having the Omikron LP play through in the background while I play Persona 5.

It really is fascinating listening to them get worn down over the course of it.

edit: Just reached the part where Matt recounts his nightmare about not checking how long to beat Omikron.

"It's 7 (hours), so its not that long."

Said in part 12 of 38 episodes. Oh Matt, you poor, poor bastard.

"Is this the worst model?" OH IF ONLY THEY KNEW.

So for some reason I've been having the Omikron LP play through in the background while I play Persona 5.

It really is fascinating listening to them get worn down over the course of it.

edit: Just reached the part where Matt recounts his nightmare about not checking how long to beat Omikron.

"It's 7 (hours), so its not that long."

Said in part 12 of 38 episodes. Oh Matt, you poor, poor bastard.

"Is this the worst model?" OH IF ONLY THEY KNEW.

IIRC, the time to beat actually got bumped up a few hours in reaction to their LP.

Strimei

Dark Souls 61: Pat, in reference to
Manus
: "He doesn't look deformed."

Pat, he's got one massive arm with what look like eyes on his palm, a small arm, giant horns growing out of his back with what may be eyes (I mean, they're glowing red). How does that not count as deformed?

Matsukaze

Dark Souls 61: Pat, in reference to
Manus
: "He doesn't look deformed."

Pat, he's got one massive arm with what look like eyes on his palm, a small arm, giant horns growing out of his back with what may be eyes (I mean, they're glowing red). How does that not count as deformed?
Pat's mom counts as normal-looking to him, so of course Manus wouldn't be deformed in his eyes.

Gestahl

"Woolie you'll know what broke Artorias' arm when you see it"

Oh yeah that massive fuck you combo he does

"See Woolie, see that stick he's holding? That's it"

????

EndMerit

Come to think of it, Matt hasn't been talking enough about Face/Off in Yakuza 0 LP.
People should definitely go to his Twitter to let him know.

Man, if Mr. Shakedown came back with a different title every time you beat him ("Dr. Shakedown, Professor Shakedown, Mr. Shakedown, Esquire," etc.) that would be the best thing.

I now know the real reason why Woolie likes Samurai Jack - he's got an entire species based on him in the show. The great animation and storytelling is just icing on the cake for him.

Top Bottom