• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 10: Frienders Support Straight Shota

ighljy0ejkExG.gif

I am Nvidia

I know nothing about hip hop.
I am the whitest white boy that ever did white.

I am actually literally the Whitest Kid any of You Know. I grew up in the country with a super religious environment, and I listened to Country and used to hate all rap. Now I'm just left knowing shit about rap, but I love some songs.

The one song to rule them all.

Hip Hop is as diverse as country music or rock.

You just have to find the artist/songs that does it for you.

I admit I haven't found the country music that has hooked me, but yo the Dixie chicks and Carrie underwood <3

joe2187

Banned
As an avid fan of Jazz, I grew up with
Charlie Parker
Frank Sinatra
Nat King Cole
Thelonious Monk
Herbie Hancock
Art Blakey
Bill Evans
Chet Baker
Charles Mingus
Dave Brubeck
John Coltrane
Louis Armstrong
Miles Davis
Wayne Shorter
Weather Report
Pharaoh Sanders
Roy Hargrove

Thelonious Monk is my favorite because not only is he one of my favorite Jazz Pianist, but he has the most bad ass name in history.

Mathaou

legacy of cane
Ever since I've been getting into electronic music, I haven't been giving Jazz my due attention. Feels bad.

I have a very wide range of interests in most things, and in music it goes:

Orchestrations
Jazz
Rap
Classical
Irish music
Indie
Anime/ video game music
Electronics
Nu Jazz

I'm the same way, now I fucking loathe country music. Seriously that stuff is absolutely god awful. Now I'm a rebel and listen to mostly hip hop.
I don't hate all of it, but lord is there a lot of it that's shit, especially lately. Hip Hop is miles above "Gangsta Rap" though. I have that in quotes because I'm too white to know if any of my terminology is correct.
Hip Hop is as diverse as country music or rock.
You just have to find the artist/songs that does it for you.
I admit I haven't found the country music that has hooked me, but yo the Dixie chicks and Carrie underwood <3
Of the stuff I like, though I barely have heard any, it's been 80s/90s.

Im a giant weeb and all the music I like are from either anime or video games ;-;

Also Satsuki is mine and mine alone remember that you pigs in human clothing.

I think if I met George Strait, I'd lose my shit. 95% of what's on country music stations are straight trash.

The only Country I can tolerate is the old stuff like Johnny Cash, Conway Twitty..etc.

Mostly listen to.
  1. K-Pop
  2. J-Pop
  3. Electronic (Dubstep, Glitch Hop House etc.)
  4. Hip-Hop
  5. Alternative
  6. Indie

I just cancelled my order for headphones because I just realised that paying 250$ for headphones is pretty dumb.
Only if ya can't afford it or want other shit. Nice headphones are hella nice.
My salt has made me into Woolie. O god I will choose video games over a threesome
If I got a new Megaman X game that's actually good I'd give away a threesome for it. Fuck it man, sex is fleeting, games are rad.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Yo can anyone give me some advice? Gonna sound really lame here, but how does one make friends? I moved to a new city a few months ago, and I'm in a race with a friend who moved to Vermont to make a new city friend first. Neither of us are doing really well...

Im a giant weeb and all the music I like are from either anime or video games ;-;

Also Satsuki is mine and mine alone remember that you pigs in human clothing.

I will fight you to protect Lady Satsuki!
I AM LADY SATSUKI'S SHIELD!

I don't hate all of it, but lord is there a lot of it that's shit, especially lately. Hip Hop is miles above "Gangsta Rap" though. I have that in quotes because I'm too white to know if any of my terminology is correct.
Of the stuff I like, though I barely have heard any, it's been 80s/90s.

Gangsta Rap is a subgenre. It's not the entirety of hip hop.

sjay1994

when did Shadow ever give a shit about if someone took the Chaos Emeralds though
your confusing him with Knuckles

Nah fool.

Shadow wants the chaos emeralds so he can avenge Maria by using a space laser to blow up the moon.

Knuckles cares about the MASTER emerald.

Git gud at sonic lore.

Someone please help me

joe2187

Banned
I respect your list so much just because there's no Kenny G.

Brubeck is fucking solid as well.

You know I've met Kenny G in person like 20 times in my life so far, and every time he's been a really cool guy and hasnt had a haircut since the 80's. I also cant stand his music. But he can play that Soprano sax like a motherfucker and makes all the 40 year old women gush.

I think if I met George Strait, I'd lose my shit. 95% of what's on country music stations are straight trash.

I can only stomach Patsy cline, woolie nelson and Cash.

Zenfalcia

Yo can anyone give me some advice? Gonna sound really lame here, but how does one make friends? I moved to a new city a few months ago, and I'm in a race with a friend who moved to Vermont to make a new city friend first. Neither of us are doing really well...

Uh.. i guess you can talk about that here.... you could see if there's a gaf thread for your town/city? There's other methods but meh.

Gangsta Rap is a subgenre. It's not the entirety of hip hop.
Ah ok, I actually thought they were separate. I'll actually take any Hip Hop suggestions you guys throw at me.
I'd rather have a new type of Mega Man game instead of a new entry in old series. However, I'd give up a threesome for a Mega Man Battle Network Collection.
The original X games are just my favorite platformer, mechanically, ever.

Depending on how old you are. Find out what you enjoy and go get involved in something.

If you like Anime go to cons all the time,
Video Games? Go to fighting game tournaments etc.
Cooking? Go take a cooking class or something.
Just go get involved and do shit man that's the quickest way to meet people.

If you like stuff like board games, card games, model kits and such try frequenting a local hobby shop. I've made a few friends through Magic and the like.
And what Sushi said above. There are lots of places to find people who share in your interests. Good luck!

It's all the same shit! It's either about, jesus, beer, women, jean shorts or all 4.
You can do that for most music. Country is so pop and shitty right now. I can't listen to anything out right now.
2010-12-22-Christmas-Gamer-Greetings.jpg

I can only stomach Patsy cline, woolie nelson and Cash.
Old stuff is great. George Strait is my dude though. Like I can't explain it.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
If you like stuff like board games, card games, model kits and such try frequenting a local hobby shop. I've made a few friends through Magic and the like.

Sounds legit, I've been going to a gamestop and chatting up some cool dudes there. But it's just weird to me to be like "yo, wanna come to my apartment." I'm just awkward and after graduating college I've been like "shit, i haven't had to do this stuff in years, and back then I was shit."

Just wear something nerdy and hope to some other religions god that someone will say "yoooo thats a cool thing!"
Im gonna try that with my new attack on titan headphones.

That's what my mom listens to when we are in the car and it's always about that. Maybe my mom listens to some sub country genre called "we sing about the same thing over and over again"
That is just pop country. It is awful and it seems to be the most popular thing going right now
EDIT: let me try to amend my statement a little by adding an "IMO". I am very open minding when it comes to music but I have a hard time respecting the pure manufactured style of current popular country music

Speaking of music we like, I blame Skrillex and the increased popularity in EDM for ruining the rave scene. Raves used to be really chill and fun. It was a place where everyone regardless of how white they were can dance without being made fun of.

Nowadays, the last rave I went to some asshole or assholes roofied a bunch of people. Sexual assault sadly has become a lot more common.

Fucking fratboys and dudebros ruined something I once loved

Stankonia is still a great album, but it lacks some of that 404 sound that made the first three albums so great.

It's depressing but when I seen 404 I thought you were talking about the error code and it confused the fuck out of me until I realized it was ATL area code.

Speaking of music we like, I blame Skrillex and the increased popularity in EDM for ruining the rave scene. Raves used to be really chill and fun. It was a place where everyone regardless of how white they were can dance without being made fun of.

Nowadays, the last rave I went to some asshole or assholes roofied a bunch of people. Sexual assault sadly has become a lot more common.

You're better off going to EDM festivals nowadays. They've become what Raves used to be. Raves now are just a bunch of fratboys with an overstock of roofies.

Mhmm.

Blake Shelton falls into that category.

So does T-Swizzle and Carrie Underwood.

Where does Florida Georgia Line fall?
...In between Florida and Georgia?

That is just pop country. It is awful and it seems to be the most popular thing going right now

Mhmm.

Blake Shelton falls into that category.

So does T-Swizzle and Carrie Underwood.

Where does Florida Georgia Line fall?

So you're saying I shouldn't go see Kaskade this week?

Top Bottom