• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly the reason Liam likely doesn't come in here is he'd likely be bombarded by "MUH ANIME AND WAIFU" references and questions when I'm sure it's a shtick that gets old fast.

I bet he's Lelouch, all the signs are there.

The avatar asses are too big. He'd scare himself away.

sjay1994

I'm just waiting for the revelation that Liam has had a GAF account all along and that he's actually some really infamous member who's been banned numerous times or something. :lol

Also, it's funny how this thread is a constant cycle of "LOOK HOW LEWD WE ARE" followed by "Hey guys I think we're creeping out the Zaibatsu by being super lewd, we should tone it down" (or "Hey guys, I think the mods might shut us down if they notice how lewd the thread has gotten"), followed like two weeks later by "LET'S BE LEWD AGAIN!".

Not even AnimeGAF gets anywhere near this bad.

Aaron was Liam all along. Those irl photo's he posts sometimes is just him wearing a well crafted mask to keep up appearances....

tumblr_n9n5r1pYEj1qd2dgqo3_1280.png

Honestly the reason Liam likely doesn't come in here is he'd likely be bombarded by "MUH ANIME AND WAIFU" references and questions when I'm sure it's a shtick that gets old fast.

I'm pretty sure he's been sick of that gimmick for a long time now, partially because he really played that angle up there for awhile and people saw that as his only defining characteristic and because a ton of people gave him a bunch of shit for his tastes.

Not hard to see why he'd be sick of that.

Alfebit

Banned
Matt will never be able to come back :(

He's insulated on the SA board.

He's also been permabanned multiple times and having an alt account is bannable on it's own.

Maybe the reason he never makes a big deal about it is because he doesn't like this thread and he doesn't want us to get pissy about him being on GAF but never in here. Maybe not. But I guess we'll never know because we'll never change.

I just don't see why it's a big deal that Liam doesn't post here. He's not obligated to.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Yeah. I can absolutely understand why Liam wouldn't want to come in here. Those multiple times he's said on the podcast that he's not AS into anime as people seem to think kinda feels like him saying "Please stop asking me anime questions, people".

I was gonna say 'no we probably wouldn't do that' and then I realized that everyone might do that

I just don't see why it's a big deal that Liam doesn't post here. He's not obligated to.

Of course, this is the most important part of this whole discussion.

Zenfalcia

I'm just waiting for the revelation that Liam has had a GAF account all along and that he's actually some really infamous member who's been banned numerous times or something. :lol

Also, it's funny how this thread is a constant cycle of "LOOK HOW LEWD WE ARE" followed by "Hey guys I think we're creeping out the Zaibatsu by being super lewd, we should tone it down" (or "Hey guys, I think the mods might shut us down if they notice how lewd the thread has gotten"), followed like two weeks later by "LET'S BE LEWD AGAIN!".

He probably does, but probably some person who just doesn't post a lot. It will surprise no one.

It's a consistent cycle. I don't even know why it happens, but at least it's toned down from before :p

Xiraiya

I'm pretty sure he's been sick of that gimmick for a long time now, partially because he really played that angle up there for awhile and people saw that as his only defining characteristic and because a ton of people gave him a bunch of shit for his tastes.

It would never have been a problem if he was just more interesting in general and didn't need to resort to hamming up the whole anime angle to an absurd degree.
Even it being an "Angle" kind of irks me.

So I'm watching the Wire again, and it's blowing my mind how much the first season just basically forshadows the current hot topics in US politics. To every detail. Amazing.

Definitely.

I know I'd get sick if people just threw the same old thing at me every day for months and getting to years on end now.

Aaron was John Cena all along.
We all bought it. Even his immediate family bought it.

Why couldn't we see it!

I was gonna say 'no we probably wouldn't do that' and then I realized that everyone might do that

A lot of the people in this topic do and post some rather questionable things.

We're all fucked in the head in our own ways, but on a public forum there are limits.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Jesus Christ at all these LPs starting........2015 means going ham for the zaibatsu-.................................

thread 11 guys

THREAD 11

Yeah. I can absolutely understand why Liam wouldn't want to come in here. Those multiple times he's said on the podcast that he's not AS into anime as people seem to think kinda feels like him saying "Please stop asking me anime questions, people".

So the rising superstar senpai joke kind of ran off the tracks...

Now I feel terrible for enabling some of it.

Zenfalcia

team shameless 4 lyfe

does anyone know why he got banned?

First time i believe is was making a comment on something about how he thought people hated LPers on youtube? Maybe it was something else..
He also made alt accounts and got banned twice or something? It was on an early podcast.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
does anyone know why he got banned?

First account - Don't know, was before my time on GAF.

Second account (Criminal Upper) - Threadshitting in "Nintendo doom and gloom" threads.

Third account (Jerry the Predator) - Outright saying he was Matt from 2BFP and a mod presumably recognizing him as an alt account. I think he'd still be here today if he would have tried even a little bit to hide that it was him.

Xiraiya

So I'm watching the Wire again, and it's blowing my mind how much the first season just basically forshadows the current hot topics in US politics. To every detail. Amazing.
I tried to start The Wire with my girlfriend, we watched the first few episodes but it just didn't do anything for us even though it sounds exactly like what we want.

Meanwhile, Criminal Minds has been rad to watch.

He's also been permabanned multiple times and having an alt account is bannable on it's own.

The thing is this also leads into the constant problem of people not coming here because of waifu and lewd shit, making people uncomfortable.
So liam not coming here because of lewdness and waifus just proves that its a problem.

demidar

I love lewd shit and even these waifu wars are wearing me down.

I wonder if Liam ever gets tired of being typecast as the kawaii dude. He's already said that he loves video games more than anime.

Xiraiya

Second account (Criminal Upper) - Threadshitting in "Nintendo doom and gloom" threads.
Third account (Jerry the Predator) - Outright saying he was Matt from 2BFP and a mod presumably recognizing him as an alt account. I think he'd still be here today if he would have tried even a little bit to hide that it was him.
How old is Matt, and how long ago did he do that stuff?

Alfebit

Banned
The thing is this also leads into the constant problem of people not coming here because of waifu and lewd shit, making people uncomfortable.
So liam not coming here because of lewdness and waifus just proves that its a problem.

Ok, I'm not really arguing against that. My argument is that even if we weren't always posting waifu and lewd stuff he doesn't HAVE to post here.

I love how Pat just ignites the powder keg ready that was ready to explode and just like "so the wires fucking sick"

Shit's getting a little too serious and shit in here, I'll come back when things are back to normal and we can just be a bunch of dumb weebs again.

Later suckas.

sjay1994

I like how we are all on a self seeking journey on how to get Liam to come to the thread, and Pat's just yucking it up while watching the wire.

I have never seen the wire. I should see it

I remember talking to him about one of these bans. He was working for Eidos, I think at the time, when him and the other guys were on Human Revolution, and some guy was going ham on how it looked like total garbage and was the worst thing ever. He says "All I did was tell him to shut up!" to which I reply, wait, did you make a post in which you said he should shut up, or did you literally just quote him and say "Shut up"? After explaining it was the latter, I told him no shit you got banned, that's a terrible post and against the rules and he was like byaaah whatever.

Really a bizarrely apt time for the rerelease to happen, huh?

Like, they're all sitting around talking about Presbos brutality case against the kid who he blinded, and they're saying, toss it to the grand jury so the DA looks clean, and we'll discredit the 3 eyewitnesses with criminal records etc etc now take the hit for the company god damn these fuckers etc. It's so fucking on point with recent events that it's uncanny.

Zenfalcia

You could say they got everything right, down to the wire. *laugh track*
Jesus Christ at all these LPs starting........2015 means going ham for the zaibatsu-.................................

thread 11 guys

THREAD 11

We're cool guys/gals who have amazing lives.

demidar

I also was in OT1, but I mostly lurked around.

I commited myself to exile here after getting temp banned twice.

I've been here since OT1 as well, but I didn't post that much (and I was way more on-topic, but that's neither here nor there).

I don't post a lot either, never made it into the spacious shame car.

Jojo Ep 21

Lisa Lisa is basically Rose from SF Alpha :3

It's the other other way around bruh.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I remember talking to him about one of these bans. He was working for Eidos, I think at the time, when him and the other guys were on Human Revolution, and some guy was going ham on how it looked like total garbage and was the worst thing ever. He says "All I did was tell him to shut up!" to which I reply, wait, did you make a post in which you said he should shut up, or did you literally just quote him and say "Shut up"? After explaining it was the latter, I told him no shit you got banned, that's a terrible post and against the rules and he was like byaaah whatever.

That must've been his first account, then. Yeah, that'll get you banned for sure.

And it's funny. I knew JerryThePredator was Matt before he even posted that gif of him and Jessica Nigri from E3 and was like "Hey I got to meet Jessica Nigri" because literally nobody else on Earth would say the phrase "Crackling with sexual energy". :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom