• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
First account - Don't know, was before my time on GAF.

Second account (Criminal Upper) - Threadshitting in "Nintendo doom and gloom" threads.

Third account (Jerry the Predator) - Outright saying he was Matt from 2BFP and a mod presumably recognizing him as an alt account. I think he'd still be here today if he would have tried even a little bit to hide that it was him.

Its no secret that matt is a nintendo fan and if he sees bullshit in a thread or the thread itself, he will openly call it out even it if carelessly gets him banned.

ultimax

Later suckas.

tumblr_mck8u2LtnW1r2f54oo1_500.jpg

I remember talking to him about one of these bans. He was working for Eidos, I think at the time, when him and the other guys were on Human Revolution, and some guy was going ham on how it looked like total garbage and was the worst thing ever. He says "All I did was tell him to shut up!" to which I reply, wait, did you make a post in which you said he should shut up, or did you literally just quote him and say "Shut up"? After explaining it was the latter, I told him no shit you got banned, that's a terrible post and against the rules and he was like byaaah whatever.

Like, they're all sitting around talking about Presbos brutality case against the kid who he blinded, and they're saying, toss it to the grand jury so the DA looks clean, and we'll discredit the 3 eyewitnesses with criminal records etc etc now take the hit for the company god damn these fuckers etc. It's so fucking on point with recent events that it's uncanny.

That sure sounds like Matt!

The game's the game, and it turns out it stayed the same

Zenfalcia

I remember talking to him about one of these bans. He was working for Eidos, I think at the time, when him and the other guys were on Human Revolution, and some guy was going ham on how it looked like total garbage and was the worst thing ever. He says "All I did was tell him to shut up!" to which I reply, wait, did you make a post in which you said he should shut up, or did you literally just quote him and say "Shut up"? After explaining it was the latter, I told him no shit you got banned, that's a terrible post and against the rules and he was like byaaah whatever.

First, what an amazing post. :p Was the first and proceeding ban a perma or temp ban?
I'm surprised I haven't got banned for my bad opinions, lewd avatars and shit posts

Well, if mods regulated this place or if you posted where mods frequent, you might've gotten banned.

sjay1994

I am super ashamed by my first ban.

But my second ban pissed me off, and I decided to stop going to normal gaf as much.

Xiraiya

What an amazing hero.

I don't believe you can get banned for having a shit opinion.
Just don't be a dumb ass.
Sometimes I feel like some people should be, but nooooo~ then everyone's all like "that's harsh" or "that's unreasonable." nonsense like that.

Oy, did Pat just push in Team Shameless's shit? Awesome.
I for one don't really care if Liam comes here... But I would love to play fighting games with Woolie someday, since I've already played with Pat.
I owe the Zaibatsu and this group big time for selling me on fighting games.

Zenfalcia

I am super ashamed by my first ban.

But my second ban pissed me off, and I decided to stop going to normal gaf as much.

That's just like hiding and avoiding other new things like a basement dweller, there's good things about going to normalGaf like new opinions and stuff.
Sometimes I feel like some people should be, but nooooo~ then everyone's all like "that's harsh" or "that's unreasonable." nonsense like that.

That's harsh. That's unreasonable.
not really funny, but when did that matter?
No one can be made to conform to one "right" opinion since in an objective view, there is no "right" opinion, but there are cases when there is only one right "way".

foxuzamaki

Ive been here since around E3 time of 2013, and have somehow avoided being banned not once even tho I was probably one of the highest posters period for a long while, I was even brought up in a thread where they talked about how I use to make like 71+ posts a day and I felt awkward and bad about it cause everyone was like "shhhiiieeettt"

Guys don't try and learn something after you've slept less than usual and had a caffeine come down. Fucking head is starting to hurt

sjay1994

Need to see the post that got you banned to know for sure.

The one I am ashamed of was in an LTTP for Catherine thread, one post said "I want to date erica", and I jokingly quoted him and wrote in spoilers
its a trap

I didn't go back to the thread after posting that, and didn't see the torrent of people telling me to change my post cuz it could get me banned.

Got banned for being
transphobic
and I felt awful, because I didn't mean to offend anyone.

The ban that pissed me off, was because I was "threadshitting" in a thread were people were mad games weren't 60fps and 1080p.

So I've been doing an incredibly stupid thing and replaying FF13 on Steam.... and having fun.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason playing the game at a higher frame rate has just made this a more enjoyable experience. Maybe it's because I know how to break the game now having played it twice before, I dunno. I can't explain it.

Oy, did Pat just push in Team Shameless's shit? Awesome.
I for one don't really care if Liam comes here... But I would love to play fighting games with Woolie someday, since I've already played with Pat.
I owe the Zaibatsu and this group big time for selling me on fighting games.

Tell me about it. I'm only into character action games because of the revengeance playthrough.

Ive been here since around E3 time of 2013, and have somehow avoided being banned not once even tho I was probably one of the highest posters period for a long while, I was even brought up in a thread where they talked about how I use to make like 71+ posts a day and I felt awkward and bad about it cause everyone was like "shhhiiieeettt"

Don't be a stupid dick. It's not a hard rule to follow. If someone is being fucking dumb explain to them how, don't just be like hey you're a idiot. The low level restrained hostility in here is just perfect.

foxuzamaki

He's riiiiiiiiiight on the border of fanboy. Riiiight on the edge.

He's not alone, I've chilled out a massively alot since i got older but im probably still right on the edge, alot of stuff I would post but choose not to in order to not revert to being called a fanboy.

sjay1994

That's just like hiding and avoiding other new things like a basement dweller, there's good things about going to normalGaf like new opinions and stuff.

That's harsh. That's unreasonable.
not really funny, but when did that matter?
Nothing can deter you from posting it, not even the comments.

I go to gaming gaf. I just don't post there as often anymore.

Don't be a stupid dick. It's not a hard rule to follow. If someone is being fucking dumb explain to them how, don't just be like hey you're a idiot. The low level restrained hostility in here is just perfect.

Well Pat, we've all learned to drop our shield!

Huehuehuehuehuehue!!!!

Im not really funny :/

Pretty much.

If they won't listen to your point then just back off and let them sit in their own stupidity. Insulting them because they don't get it will just make you look just as stupid and likely face consequences that you really shouldn't have.

Zenfalcia

Guys don't try and learn something after you've slept less than usual and had a caffeine come down. Fucking head is starting to hurt

Sounds fun. I should try that sometime.
I go to gaming gaf. I just don't post there as often anymore.

Ah, ok.
I'm not really sure what you're saying there, but I wasn't being serious.

I realized I said the wrong thing and edited it too late.. oh well. I'm also not being serious. Hurray for these emotionally filled texts that convey all my thoughts and tone.

Xiraiya

You wouldn't think so, but yet people just blow up and lose it over all sorts of things.

foxuzamaki

Nope not lying Jojo has inspired a lot of characters from fighting games. Juri was based off a jojo character too.
No wonder im so attracted to her.

Well im generally a nice person so that helps.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Shit's getting a little too serious and shit in here, I'll come back when things are back to normal and we can just be a bunch of dumb weebs again.

Later suckas.

I know it's been a bit since this post, but I got a bit caught up in the whole "Why Matt got banned" discussion and didn't get to reply, so I'm gonna do it now.

Nobody's saying y'all can't be a bunch of dumb weebs. Just that it needs to be toned down a bit. I mean it's pretty clear that a bunch of people in here would just straight up start posting hentai if it weren't a huuuuuuge violation of the rules. And sometimes we get a little bit too close to that, especially with the avatars, which some people seem to use as a way to test the limits of the moderation here on GAF (especially Lelouch, who has pushed too far numerous times).

It just gets to the point where it starts scaring away both potential new members of the community and even the Zaibatsu themselves.

Zenfalcia

Pat is a supporter of passive aggressiveness confirmed.

Edit: this is a joke. Stating the obvious for bad reasons.

You wouldn't think so, but yet people just blow up and lose it over all sorts of things.

Its harder than you think when you see at least one completely stupid thread on GAF at least once a day. That Demon Souls one is still just atrocious, even though its more the OP just doesn't get it.

Important to note the the "stupid" part of "stupid dick." Being a dick is not only fine, it's default for most of gaf.

The one time I ever had an argument that devolved into yelling at each other I just left the thread but came back later.
I wondered what happened to the guy right now and checked. He got banned and oh im so happy. A couple of people here knew him, he was a giant asshole.

It just gets to the point where it starts scaring away both potential new members of the community and even the Zaibatsu themselves.

I usually don't mind it because when the "lewd" or whatever these kids are calling it starts flying, I just go do something else and come back a few hours later to see what's going on.

The one time I ever had an argument that devolved into yelling at each other I just left the thread but came back later.
I wondered what happened to the guy right now and checked. He got banned and oh im so happy. A couple of people here knew him, he was a giant asshole.

I think the only somewhat argument I've gotten into thus far on Gaf has amusingly enough been with Pat over Evil Within in which he compared it to arguments he has with Liam. We both had our opinions and it was clear that neither one was going to budge on them so it just ended there.

Xiraiya

Nobody's saying y'all can't be a bunch of dumb weebs. Just that it needs to be toned down a bit. I mean it's pretty clear that a bunch of people in here would just straight up start posting hentai if it weren't a huuuuuuge violation of the rules. And sometimes we get a little bit too close to that, especially with the avatars, which some people seem to use as a way to test the limits of the moderation here on GAF (especially Lelouch, who has pushed too far numerous times).

I just don't understand why it's so hard for them to keep it in their goddamn pants and resist the urge to post that garbage and talk about it endlessly.

I mean jesus christ.

I usually don't mind it because when the "lewd" or whatever these kids are calling it starts flying, I just go do something else and come back a few hours later to see what's going on.
What is with you lately, you've been so all over the place, trying to be a cooler guy?

foxuzamaki

You just got me curious

Tell me about it. I'm only into character action games because of the revengeance playthrough.

I played DMC3 back in the day, so I didn't need them for that. But they did get me to watch anime again, so I guess I have the Zaibatsu to thank/blame for that, lol.

Yeah. Trust me, being on a forum where that is allowed is the worst.

So whats the difference between the ps3 and ps4 versions of Xrd?

I don't believe there is one.

Zenfalcia

Yeah it's fine. I was going to get it but no money available

Definitely, nothing can go wrong

I mean, you're having a great time! How could it not be fun!
I know it's been a bit since this post, but I got a bit caught up in the whole "Why Matt got banned" discussion and didn't get to reply, so I'm gonna do it now.

Nahh.. who would post straight up hentai? That would be untasteful!

I dunno, there have been a few new members and lurkers who've been enjoying our dumb antics. So, not everyone is scared away. Some people do post a lot less, perhaps due to their tastes or lack of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom