• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played DMC3 back in the day, so I didn't need them for that. But they did get me to watch anime again, so I guess I have the Zaibatsu to thank/blame for that, lol.
I gave DMC3 a nice even glance, but I had two younger brothers, so I never actually owned it until pretty recently. I think the hardcorest game I owned for a good long while was twilight princess. Some of those sword moves were legit brutal.

sjay1994

I usually don't mind it because when the "lewd" or whatever these kids are calling it starts flying, I just go do something else and come back a few hours later to see what's going on.

I think the only somewhat argument I've gotten into thus far on Gaf has amusingly enough been with Pat over Evil Within in which he compared it to arguments he has with Liam. We both had our opinions and it was clear that neither one was going to budge on them so it just ended there.

Yeah... honestly the lewd stuff bothers me.Not because it makes me uncomfortable, but because it pisses me off. It feels like they are seeing just how much they can get away with.

Oddly enough, the Doujin Warriors arc never bothered me as much for some reason.

Xiraiya

I don't purposely tryto be a shit to people because I can't stand the people who exist solely to mess with others.
Except unless I know the person and they kind of earned me being shitty towards them
, but I do realize how the things I say can be interpreted as such, but most of the time I'm just being sarcastic and/or not serious, and I do try to give whatever advice I can when someone seriously looks like they need help
Sometimes "Stop being a goddamn coward" is all the advice you need to hear.

Though I am often surprised by the new lows I see in this thread and have to take a step back and tell myself "They'll grow out of it...hopefully"

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nahh.. who would post straight up hentai? That would be untasteful!

I dunno, there have been a few new members and lurkers who've been enjoying our dumb antics. So, not everyone is scared away. Some people do post a lot less, perhaps due to their tastes or lack of time.

And this is me right here. Personally I don't mind the lewd stuff too much. Not at all, even. But I can see that it has an effect on the community so I don't talk about it or use lewd avatars or anything like that. I keep my interest in that stuff to myself. The big reason I barely post in here anymore is because my interests don't align with the rest of the thread. I don't care for Jojo or Ippo or Gurren or Persona (well, okay, I like Persona, just not as much as everyone here) and that's like 90% of what's talked about in here. And for a while I would complain about how we need to branch out from those topics. I'm sure you could go back and find my posts about it, even. But that of course didn't work because it was wrong of me to think I could change the entire community to more fit my tastes. So instead I just accepted that I don't really fit in here and stopped posting so much.

It's not really a big deal, honestly. Y'all are cool guys, I just don't fit in.

Yeah... honestly the lewd stuff bothers me.Not because it makes me uncomfortable, but because it pisses me off. It feels like they are seeing just how much they can get away with.

Oddly enough, the Doujin Warriors arc never bothered me as much for some reason.
I'm all for posting funny/relevant things. When the lewd stuff stops being either of those, then and only then is it a problem.

Zenfalcia

Is is laundry day or something because we're airing a lot of grieviances.

Not that i hate it or anything, but it also gives me chance to make a bad joke.

And this is me right here. Personally I don't mind the lewd stuff too much. Not at all, even. But I can see that it has an effect on the community so I don't talk about it or use lewd avatars or anything like that. I keep my interest in that stuff to myself. The big reason I barely post in here anymore is because my interests don't align with the rest of the thread. I don't care for Jojo or Ippo or Gurren or Persona (well, okay, I like Persona, just not as much as everyone here) and that's like 90% of what's talked about in here. And for a while I would complain about how we need to branch out from those topics. I'm sure you could go back and find my posts about it, even. But that of course didn't work because it was wrong of me to think I could change the entire community to more fit my tastes. So instead I just accepted that I don't really fit in here and stopped posting so much.

What do you like? We can discuss that too

PUNctual as well

Xiraiya

I was discussing this with Beloved yesterday, I actually like this community a whole lot more than others I've been in.

You all might be good guys at heart, but you still give me headaches.

233313fc41ee3a63_tumblr_mgdqksNdiZ1ro7sbfo1_400.gif.xxxlarge.gif

I find it healthy and cathartic to air grievances instead of bottling everything up inside.

I was discussing this with Beloved yesterday, actually like this community a whole lot more than others I've been in.

It's ok Australia man. You can get under my skin with your smarmy indifference too.

demidar

I don't purposely tryto be a shit to people because I can't stand the people who exist solely to mess with others.
Except unless I know the person and they kind of earned me being shitty towards them
, but I do realize how the things I say can be interpreted as such, but most of the time I'm just being sarcastic and/or not serious, and I do try to give whatever advice I can when someone seriously looks like they need help

Though I am often surprised by the new lows I see in this thread and have to take a step back and tell myself "They'll grow out of it...hopefully"

To be honest, I don't think you do a very good job of sounding sarcastic or not serious.

I gave DMC3 a nice even glance, but I had two younger brothers, so I never actually owned it until pretty recently. I think the hardcorest game I owned for a good long while was twilight princess. Some of those sword moves were legit brutal.

I wish all the cool moves from that game had survived. TP is horribly botched in a lot of ways, imo, but it had so many interesting ideas that died with it.
Skyward Sword is kinda the opposite. It was pulled off incredibly well, it just has a few terrible ideas and design choices weighing it down.

sjay1994

I was discussing this with Beloved yesterday, actually like this community a whole lot more than others I've been in.

Ah old man Xiraiya.. your really a softy.

Honestly, I love this community. All of you guys are great. Although there are moments I have no idea what is going on and have no idea what to post sometimes.

I wish all the cool moves from that game had survived. TP is horribly botched in a lot of ways, imo, but it had so many interesting ideas that died with it.
Skyward Sword is kinda the opposite. It was pulled off incredibly well, it just has a few terrible ideas and design choices weighing it down.
How was TP botched?

I relate to this. You are all nice guys. Not once has someone called me faggot or told me to kill myself here.

I wish the internet was more like this place...except for some of the lewd

Woof.

If the best insult one can come up with is homosexual slights or suicide, I'd dare say that they were unoriginal and were potentially projecting some part of their persona onto others.

Zenfalcia

Perhaps they are also answering in an equally sarcastic or non-serious way? I know it's not always like that. Sometimes they probably deserve it.

Which lows are we talking about here?

I often take things literally, so I am inconsistent in my interperatations. So, if my posts don't make sense, I'm just being dumb.

You mean like when you've posted about other stuff to try to spur on topics? You've had some of those before like promoting the bullet hell games you recently bought or played. There are some who share your tastes, but they are vastly outnumbered by fans of other topics.

It's ok. We can still enjoy the base majority of SBF/TBF lore/videos.

The world was too bland and Link and Zelda were the least interesting members of the cast and Midna was the only redeemable thing about that game.

Some of the earlier dungeons were kind of mediocre and the collectathons in the twilight world was pretty awful, but I absolutely adore the tone of the game and the second half of the game is fucking stellar. Twilight Palace is still one of my absolute favorite dungeons in Zelda history along with the Gerudo Desert Temple.

I don't think there's a bad zelda game. Even the worst zelda game is still a pretty damn good game. I enjoy them all, just some more than others.

demidar

Woof.

If the best insult one can come up with is homosexual slights or suicide, I'd dare say that they were unoriginal and were potentially projecting some part of their persona onto others.

If someone called me a cuntasaurus rex I would just burst out laughing.

Woof.

Or I used to go on 4chan and Gamefaqs and I have seen some of the worst that humanity can be,
gamefaqs was actually worse a lot of the time

Xiraiya

I relate to this. You are all nice guys. Not once has someone called me faggot or told me to kill myself here.

Well that is something I'll never tell someone, that's just stupid.
Unless that includes subtle jabs implying someone might enjoy a penis or two, or that they might be better off if they held their breath for a longer than recommended amount of time.

How was TP botched?

The difficulty is broken, is my go to. But there's other things, like the dungeons and bossfights are kinda uninspired, the side missions are all fetch quests, and dog mode was a bit poorly utilized later in the game.
Though, that's just observations from a deeply imbedded Zelda nerd. Like with Pat and Dark Souls 2. I still think it's an awesome game.

Never bothered with it. Played Ocarina as a kid. Didn't like it.

Thought to myself years later, man everyone loves this fucking game. Maybe I was a dumb kid.

Nope.... still don't like Ocarina

Its alright, that's the worst 3D Zelda game. It was only uphill from there with that series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
What do you like? We can discuss that too

Nah man, it's fine. Like, I appreciate it, but don't worry about it. Even if I did list a bunch of things, it wouldn't make a difference. You can't change a whole community just like that. The things people talk about in here are talked about because that's what the majority of the thread is into. If I tried to steer the discussion more towards something like, say, Kamen Rider or wrestling, it wouldn't last because there just aren't too many people in here into it. Not enough to maintain any sort of larger discussion, anyway.

So yeah, I mean, it's fine.

You mean like when you've posted about other stuff to try to spur on topics? You've had some of those before like promoting the bullet hell games you recently bought or played. There are some who share your tastes, but they are vastly outnumbered by fans of other topics.

It's ok. We can still enjoy the base majority of SBF/TBF lore/videos.

Yeah, exactly like that. I tried to post about shmups but frankly, nobody cared. And that's fine. I understand that shmups are super niche. Discussion of stuff like that is gonna get drowned out by the Ippo/Jojo/Persona/Souls talk, and that's fine. That's what y'all are into.

Xiraiya

Nah man, it's fine. Like, I appreciate it, but don't worry about it. Even if I did list a bunch of things, it wouldn't make a difference. You can't change a whole community just like that. The things people talk about in here are talked about because that's what the majority of the thread is into. If I tried to steer the discussion more towards something like, say, Kamen Rider or wrestling, it wouldn't last because there just aren't too many people in here into it. Not enough to maintain any sort of larger discussion, anyway.

Welcome to the club, 70% of the stuff this lot likes seem to go directly against the Zaibatsu preferences and 99% of the time go against my preferences.

Nah man. People here like those things.

Aaron fucking loves wrestling. Send him a pm and you guys can turn us into rustleGAF

I wonder if hell ever talk about how great Wind Waker is.

He hates everything released after the SNES era
Not really but he bitches about modern games alot

Tako

Welp frienders can't seem to sleep. And I got school tonight which is pretty hype. Gonna be cooking some sort of African dishes

Senten or wrestling?

Why don't you introduce people to stuff that will turn people onto those things?

I know Attitude era to 2012 wrestling. ROH interests me. I'll talk wrestling.

Senten... I wouldn't know where to whim with Kamen Rider.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Senten or wrestling?

Why don't you introduce people to stuff that will turn people onto those things?

It's Sentai, and Kamen Rider isn't Sentai. :lol I think the term you're looking for is "tokusatsu".

Heh.

Senten or wrestling?

I tried getting into wrestling but couldnt do it. As for Kamen Rider, I dont really like super sentai...if it were anime I might be into it but...the live action turns me off from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom