• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember who, but when the Omega FNF video came out someone said that Pat hates Ibuki and there was a small discussion on whether or not he actually did. Well, I'm rewatching the Third Strike FNF video and he straight up says that he hates Ibuki and wasn't hype for inclusion in SF4. So, yeah.

BREAK IT DOWN

dx-team-taunt-o.gif

Skrams

Seemed like most of the outrage came from the fact that Boobs won rather than lurkers or people outside gaf voting. Needless to say we won't have that problem this time around.

Was sidestepping around that, but yeah, I figured that was kind of the reason. Boobs is still a legit tagline too.

I was really cool with it both times, I just disliked the uproar. Plus, I saw a marked difference in sharing the link around to communities that don't read the thread versus letting lurkers in, which is actually what I wanted to do.

Yeah, if you want lurkers to have a chance to vote then it's fine. If they read the thread enough to see the strawpoll then they deserve to vote.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Was sidestepping around that, but yeah, I figured that was kind of the reason. Boobs is still a legit tagline too.

Never forget.

I don't remember who, but when the Omega FNF video came out someone said that Pat hates Ibuki and there was a small discussion on whether or not he actually did. Well, I'm rewatching the Third Strike FNF video and he straight up says that he hates Ibuki and wasn't hype for inclusion in SF4. So, yeah.

Doesn't he mention in one of the videos that he really dislikes her exposed hipbones or something?

ultimax

YEAH THAT WAS ME, ABU WINS!

Pat's just hatin.

Well its understandable her whole character is "yo I wanna meet cute boys"
unless thats different in third strike.

I personally like her design, not her character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well its understandable her whole character is "yo I wanna meet cute boys"
unless thats different in third strike.

I personally like her design, not her character.

If you ever get a chance, read the SFLegends comics by Udon, they expand on her character a lot (as well as Makoto and Elena). She's still a teenage girl, but it goes into how she struggles with her training and what the ninja life means for her future.

Zenfalcia

Unless I'm dumb, the hidden link from last time wasn't passed around. It was just the Boobs and whatever else tagline strawpoll that was posted on reddit because it was originally free for anyone to vote on since it wasn't hidden. This got people upset because they wanted it to be only neogaf people and people who use the thread to vote. I'm just thinking it's weird that we're not learning from our mistakes and hiding the strawpoll this time if we want actually accurate votes.

I feel like I'm being exclusionary, but I'd also feel like we'd be hypocrites to be fine with having this poll free for all when that ended up biting people in the ass last time. If we're fine with letting some lurkers who might join the thread in the future vote since the poll is open then it's fine. If someone goes and posts to post the poll to reddit again then "welp."

If we care that much about the thread titles, we should be more careful about our voting, so it's mostly our fault.

Lurkers are sorta okay, since they bothered to check this thread, but the posting to reddit isn't as fun since it'll be just random votes coming from anywhere ruining the vote. What ever makes everyone/most people happy whether that be hiding all votes or not.

So, I just saw footage of "The 90s Arcade Racer" for the first time...man, forget Drift Stage, give me that game now!

It's one of the Deadly Premonition videos. I don't remember the exact one, though.
Well, it would make for a good excuse to watch the whole thing again. One of the best LPs from that year.

Zenfalcia

off-topic: i started reading monster and it's teally interesting. Pat was right about it doesn't really matter if it's in manga/anime art style.

joe2187

Banned

Pats just being a Namby pamby

Ibuki-finger.gif

Hm.. ok.. keep reading ;) also, spoilers for koe no katachi up to that point
it's so feels heavy from the MC's redemption to learn sign language and meeting her again after bullying her. The money being burnt and all that hard work was kinda depressing but at least he made up with his mom. ;_;
for the recommendations i'll make sure to make it really interesting with non spoiler pages or summaries.

I will once my DS4 battery dies.
That part where he says he wouldn't be able to see her smile if he had killed himself was really great.
Also thanks, that's cool of you

Oberon

Banned
That part where he says he wouldn't be able to see her smile if he had killed himself was really great.

Joose, I lost to Mara.

Mini RealGaf: I have a question : Is it wrong to be dissapointed, if the person that gave me the homework that I have to catch up was a person I don't really like.

Jman014

Off topic but after playing zombiu I remember how awful thumb sticks are when it comes to aiming a gun. Still a fun game though
Man I haven't used a controller to play a fps in years.
I feel so left out for knowing nothing about Wrestling

Also does not help that I don't care for it

*shrugs shoulders*

Good Grief

I don't care about it either.

That's why you start talking about your own bullshit, like I always do.
It's ok you two just WIGGLE WITH IT
OGQgVwu.gif

Zenfalcia

Yes, perfect. The hypest monster story of all time. All that caffiene plot.

Yeah, that as he grew up it really became a good man. ;_; I really want to spoil stuff, but i can't. Read faster!!! interesting tidbit: koe no katachi was on haitus for a full year over a court case or something like that because of the material the manga was covering.

For the recommendations, hopefully i don't get lazy and actually get around to doing it.

Archgan

Oh that sucks, if you get it to work lemme know,otherwise I'll add one.
I'll be able to vote when I get home. I was just worried the thread would last that long, but it seems like the thread has slowed down.

Also, as a long-time lurker in most communities, I think it is fine for lurkers to vote in the poll.

Joose, I lost to Mara.

Mini RealGaf: I have a question : Is it wrong to be dissapointed, if the person that gave me the homework that I have to catch up was a person I don't really like.

Yeah he sent me a PM, thanks. Is it a person you dislike or not really have any interest in?

A bit off topic, but I've been watching Death Parades and man the oneshots are super good. The little things that show instead of tell makes the entire premise so much more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom