• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmyhthef

Why does ff7 just have a house as an enemy?

Don't remember that but it reminds me of a certain boss at the end of Xenosaga 2

sXcFmJ.png

EDIT: Googled it. Yeah I remember it, and it's totally a house.

WAAAIIIT A MINUTE!!

Don't know if you guys talked about this.

Lol is this real?

Skrams

I read that back in like OT5 when I came in and it was getting pushed hard, it was great. I wanted to read the epilogue but that's super long

Good and also come on. I know everyone hates reading these days, but it takes like 20 minutes or less. It's not exactly required reading and it won't feel very impactful months later I'd wager, but it's still pretty good.

Why does ff7 just have a house as an enemy?

I'm trying to think of a dumber enemy, but it's been a while since I played FF7 so I couldn't tell you. Still, there's a lot of dumb enemies in FF in general. Also did you ever take my advice and rebind the buttons of the dpad to the stick to get analog control?

So... we have a three way tie on the tagline, so here's a three way breaker strawpoll.

Please don't reply with just "voted" for this,
I'm trying to make the next thread cool

Voted.

More importantly though, do we also care less about anyone voting now? Everyone made a big deal about it when Boobs was a tagline, but we're not hiding this strawpoll now?

Zenfalcia

Hey guys, just got out of class. Update, token tiny weeb girl is black and actually is brothers with token black weeb guy. My bad

Fuck Ishida and his friends and Kishiniya's mom, it's really cute. I'm good for now, my friend told me to read another one as well and I'm slow so they'll last me

Inb4 wincest.

I understand that sentiment.. what chapter are you on? Or what happenned so far? Want me to add to the list and ruin your list? ;)

More importantly though, do we also care less about anyone voting now? Everyone made a big deal about it when Boobs was a tagline, but we're not hiding this strawpoll now?
That link got shared around in other communities, and we had way more votes than people who are here.

I'm trying to think of a dumber enemy, but it's been a while since I played FF7 so I couldn't tell you. Still, there's a lot of dumb enemies in FF in general. Also did you ever take my advice and rebind the buttons of the dpad to the stick to get analog control?
I just tried to actually. I went in to rebind the controls and the stick wasn't an option. No big anyway, I'm getting used to the jank.

Good and also come on. I know everyone hates reading these days, but it takes like 20 minutes or less. It's not exactly required reading and it won't feel very impactful months later I'd wager, but it's still pretty good.
I have a short attention span and am impatient, it's also not really pertinent to the main sorry but I might get to it some day
Inb4 wincest.

I understand that sentiment.. what chapter are you on? Or what happenned so far? Want me to add to the list and ruin your list? ;)
After she runs to him and her sister spies with the camera. You can try, usually I don't add it to my "I wanna read this and will eventually" list unless there's something that catches my attention hard

Zenfalcia

After she runs to him and her sister spies with the camera. You can try, usually I don't add it to my "I wanna read this and will eventually" list unless there's something that catches my attention hard

Hm.. ok.. keep reading ;) also, spoilers for koe no katachi up to that point
it's so feels heavy from the MC's redemption to learn sign language and meeting her again after bullying her. The money being burnt and all that hard work was kinda depressing but at least he made up with his mom. ;_;
for the recommendations i'll make sure to make it really interesting with non spoiler pages or summaries.

Skrams

That link got shared around in other communities, and we had way more votes than people who are here.

I don't see what the difference is when it's still open for anyone. We got way more people who voted on the other one because it was posted to the reddit, but since this one is still free for all then you're still not getting an accurate amount. Any person can and will probably have voted on it if they lurk the thread.

Even when it was hidden? Sounds like we need to smoke out the spy.

Who could it be? I'm not going to call out the person who did it last time, but you know who you are.

Unless I'm dumb, the hidden link from last time wasn't passed around. It was just the Boobs and whatever else tagline strawpoll that was posted on reddit because it was originally free for anyone to vote on since it wasn't hidden. This got people upset because they wanted it to be only neogaf people and people who use the thread to vote. I'm just thinking it's weird that we're not learning from our mistakes and hiding the strawpoll this time if we want actually accurate votes.

I feel like I'm being exclusionary, but I'd also feel like we'd be hypocrites to be fine with having this poll free for all when that ended up biting people in the ass last time. If we're fine with letting some lurkers who might join the thread in the future vote since the poll is open then it's fine. If someone goes and posts to post the poll to reddit again then "welp."

I just tried to actually. I went in to rebind the controls and the stick wasn't an option. No big anyway, I'm getting used to the jank.

It's totally an option. I've played 4 hours of the game with the stick. I'm not saying you're blind. I'm just saying you might be blind.

mrmyhthef

I don't see what the difference is when it's still open for anyone. We got way more people who voted on the other one because it was posted to the reddit, but since this one is still free for all then you're still not getting an accurate amount. Any person can and will probably have voted on it if they lurk the thread.

Seemed like most of the outrage came from the fact that Boobs won rather than lurkers or people outside gaf voting. Needless to say we won't have that problem this time around.

Unless I'm dumb, the hidden link from last time wasn't passed around. It was just the Boobs and whatever else tagline strawpoll that was posted on reddit because it was originally free for anyone to vote on since it wasn't hidden. This got people upset because they wanted it to be only neogaf people and people who use the thread to vote. I'm just thinking it's weird that we're not learning from our mistakes and hiding the strawpoll this time if we want actually accurate votes.

I feel like I'm being exclusionary, but I'd also feel like we'd be hypocrites to be fine with having this poll free for all when that ended up biting people in the ass last time. If we're fine with letting some lurkers who might join the thread in the future vote since the poll is open then it's fine. If someone goes and posts to post the poll to reddit again then "welp."
I was really cool with it both times, I just disliked the uproar. Plus, I saw a marked difference in sharing the link around to communities that don't read the thread versus letting lurkers in, which is actually what I wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom