• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 11: COMP! COMP! COMP! COMP! C-O-M-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako

-Chie's the best girl.

tumblr_n2rjhnNuUz1qjlwa8o3_500.gif

YO if ever want to talk about heavy shit you could call/text me too. Just PM me and I'll be happy to share my number

Alfebit

Banned
somethingsomething hereforever.png
Hey it's that dogguy who followed me on hummingbird. Welcome, homie. You likely won't see much of me for a while because in case you weren't lurking at the time my laptop committed sudoku. That EDF chant was one of my favorite moments in this community.

i've never lurked there. im not brave enough.
It's not as bad as it reputation claims. Just don't make yourself look new. It's anonymous for a reason.

Also, I'm trying to show some restraint, but I'm going to probably buy myself into bankruptcy from obtaining all the KanColle Nendos. I'm going to have to work some street jobs to eat.

croten

So much salt in my wounds.

Also thanks for the hellos, guys. This will be neat having a place to be able to say things like I'm going to go pick this up from the post office today.

I'm pretty hype.

Edit- I guess I'm also the weird hummingbird guy because reasons.

Also I like the best friends I guess?

HEYYYY IT'S SKRAMS! You finally got in! Welcome welcome

Reggie commissioned a new set of pins and a limited number are going on sale

I don't think he played long enough to get into one

Oh geez alright then. Listening to the podcast..Pat's dream is fucking amazing.

Seeing all these new Jr's who have been lurking since these threads started and have just now got accepted. woof ._.

My first Resident Evil game was on N64 with Resident Evil 2. Having never even known of the first one since I didnt own a PS1. I had a Saturn and later a Dreamcast, which is where I played RE3 and fell in love with the series while playing RE:Code Veronica. Which I later bought and played again on PS2 since I fucked myself into a corner on the dreamcast version...and did so again on the PS2 version since Im and idiot.

I never owned a Gamecube when RE4 came out so I eagerly awaited for RE4 to come out, hoping to enjoy another game like RECVX, only to be dissapointed when I saw it was a TPS game instead of a traditional fixed camera angles RE game. So I never bothered even considering buying a gamecube. When It came to PS2 I picked it up and enjoyed it for what It was, but as much as I like RE4. I liked RECVX alot more. I didnt even know the REmake and RE:0 were made until much later and by then I was dissapointed by the lackluster Outbreak games which I never really liked and moved on.

I only had a chance to finally play RE1 for the first time two years ago when I got my Vita and it was free on PS+, which reminded me how much I love the old school RE formula.

I finally beat RECVX for the first time when the HD versions happened.

RE Code Veronica C is my favorite RE too ;_;

Pat shits on it in the shitstorm, but yo we get to play as Claire again! Also, BILLY COEN!

Okingjrr

Aw man, Nintendo Direct in 10 min, can't contain the hype!
Also bought the Playstation Gold wireless headset and wow, the sound is actually really good for the €75 I payed for it. It's not as good as my other headset for sure, but it also didn't cost me fucking €150.

EDIT: DOUBLE REPPUKEN!
Told ya!
Enjoy having to recharge it often.

Skrams

Yoooooo, finally! I can't believe they took that long to accept your registration. Welcome man! Welcome to the insanity that is bestGAF.
Yeah, because that shit was crazy! I remember hitting you with a green shield as you were right behind me, only to turn around a second later and see you driving right behind me again. Do you firehop? Not even sure if that's possible with Wiggler?
Also we should play again some time. Our races were incredibly close each time.

I remember them being super close and being a lot of fun. My only problem is I wonder if you hitting me was lag or not. Being in Kentucky in the US leads to having not great experiences online so sometimes I could see someone get hit in MK8 and they lose no speed. I assume it's a thing of they didn't hit it on their end so they don't lose speed on your end even if you saw them hit something. Nintendo has really weird ways sometimes of masking people with bad connections. Also I rarely firehop. Unless I'm dumb and there's more skill to it, I just don't care to mash RB during boosts for a .2 seconds of extra boost. I'd assume it works on the ATVs since I think I've gotten better time trial times by mashing RB during boosts.

Welcome welcome! Another figure collector dudeman yessss

Not sure I'm a figure collectorman yet. I only own figma Samus and Revoltech Raiden as my big major purchases right now. I also have Fox, Samus, and Kirby amiibos. Those barely count though. The only others that count I guess are the Club Nintendo Platinum figure from a while back, a Fallout 3 bobblehead, a Bulletstorm nutcracker, and a Halo Reach LE big statue. I am eyeing the Ryuko SEGA prize figure though because I can get it for like $30. Might as well if I have a Satsuki right? Then the Mako nendoroid right? Then oh god.

Eeeh. People keep talking about FF VI like it's the best RPG of the era. I think it has probably been hyped up too much at this point.

For it's time it was a really good JRPG.

Combat isn't like Secret of Mana or Chrono Trigger, but the story surpasses anything released on SNES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom