• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

we all need lore.

I am here on self imposed exile.

PG left the thread and abu had to bring him back.

Goodwill is Punished Fraud, a fallen friender.

and Aaron.....

woof, where do I begin with Aaron?

I am the guy juggling a love life with fictional women...

Also you forgot the return of Pat

sjay1994

And I'm just an amazing username and a pretty face.

your user name is pretty great.

Behold my creative bankruptcy when you can figure out my first name by placing "an" somewhere in sjay, and the year of my birth.

This is what happens when you give a 12 year old a PSP, and he needs to make a PSN account.

sjay1994

I was actually under the impression that you didn't even have a face.
That you were just a sentient wheelchair.
I'm...
I'm a little sad that the illusion has been broken now.
It was a lie...
But it was a beautiful lie.

Maybe not.

Maybe he is a wheelchair who gained sentience when someone drew a face on it with dry erase marker, and must now execute sick combos to preserve his existence?

^
THIS IS YOUR NEW LORE SWC.

semisonic

Banned

Behold my creative bankruptcy when you can figure out my first name by placing "an" somewhere in sjay, and the year of my birth.

This is what happens when you give a 12 year old a PSP, and he needs to make a PSN account.

At least your online username isn't actually embarassing to tell people.
That's why my neogaf is semisonic(which is my smash tag) and not my xbox live.
Coincidentally, semisonic came from both my tendency to wear headphones all of the time forever, and also because my playstyle is fast... But not THAT fast.

I was actually under the impression that you didn't even have a face.
That you were just a sentient wheelchair.
I'm...
I'm a little sad that the illusion has been broken now.
It was a lie...
But it was a beautiful lie.

Why should a sentient wheelchair have no face? All I've known do.

joe2187

Banned

Holy crap thats word for word exactly how I came up with mine.

It used to be Joe102187 and I created it for my PSP.

At least your online username isn't actually embarassing to tell people.
That's why my neogaf is semisonic(which is my smash tag) and not my xbox live.
Coincidentally, semisonic came from both my tendency to wear headphones all of the time forever, and also because my playstyle is fast... But not THAT fast.

Hmm... your psn name kinda sound like 'masterbation' if you say it fast enough, but you see I thought you were a cool guy and made it that way on purpose.
Now you just frauded yourself.

My avatar sums up my lore. I was just a kid in high spirits swepted up in a conflict none of us could have comprehended. We were just kids... The shit we saw... Not everyone can spring back from that. I'm told I was lucky to have only lost my eye but they can't see the damage done on the inside. I spend my days jaded, just going through the motions, waiting for the next call telling me it's time for me to do my duty for this thread and the people in it.

Time Skip lore is best lore

sjay1994

I can't. Landmaster controls too terrible.

Press Z or R twice?

Holy crap thats word for word exactly how I came up with mine.

It used to be Joe102187 and I created it for my PSP.

Revel with me by creatively depleted friend.

At least you have a tag.

Maybe I should post in off topic about how my house mate keeps inviting 15-20 people over to party, they get drunk and puke all over my toilet because it's the closest... use my towel to poorly clean it up and chunks of meat are all over the floor, and I have to clean the rest with a mop while sitting on stair handles.

semisonic

Banned
Hmm... your psn name kinda sound like 'masterbation' if you say it fast enough, but you see I thought you were a cool guy and made it that way on purpose.
Now you just frauded yourself.

That's actually my brother's psn (he actually plays the bass, and may have thought it was clever).
Mine is called semisonic, but for convoluted reasons it's currently on his ps3 while his is on mine.
It's weird.

Do it anyway. Ask her out for coffee.

Don't be a dreamcast that doesn't pee

Ehh maybe. I actually gotta look presentable first which I currently don't

My 770s am cry.

Hah...CD Projekt Red, you were the chosen ones...

I've been saying for a while that cd projekt has been over estimating the power of modern pc hardware. I still see that gif of geralt walking in that village with the kid dancing and still thinking there is no way a 770 can run that at 60

That's actually my brother's psn (he actually plays the bass, and may have thought it was clever).
Mine is called semisonic, but for convoluted reasons it's currently on his ps3 while his is on mine.
It's weird.

That is weird...
I'm totally not thinking about trolling frienders with my brothers account now, no way...

I am super butthurt I didn't come up with the username

EasyBakeAigis.

I like my username. I wish I realized there probably wasn't a million other Romars online, and slapped on all the numbers, but it's fine.

Squishy3

My 770s am cry.

Hah...CD Projekt Red, you were the chosen ones...
The Witcher 2 brought PCs to their knees on max settings, I expected it with The Witcher 3. I'm sure turning down settings can get people to 60 FPS. There will be a couple of settings that will be big performance hogs like shadows and lighting, especially in an open world game that's as big as CD Projekt promises. (I also don't think we've even seen the Nvidia exclusive tech on PC) I'm not expecting a Watch_Dogs like release that's full of micro stuttering and things like turning down settings not even increasing performance, people would get the same performance regardless of settings. The Watch_Dogs PC port was a complete joke.

Shackzam

My username came from me liking Shazam a lot and at the same time watching a Shaq commercial, but I though Shaqzam looked stupid and just went with Shackzam. Takamura is just my favorite overall character and remembered that dumbass troll face takamura does and made it my avatar.

Just thought I'd share since were sort of on origin stories.

My username came from me liking Shazam a lot and at the same time watching a Shaq commercial, but I though Shaqzam looked stupid and just went with Shackzam. Takamura is just my favorite overall character and remembered that dumbass troll face takamura does and made it my avatar.

Just thought I'd share since were sort of on origin stories.

I'm a wheelchair and I do sick combos.

Lord Kojima will save us all.
All hail Lord Kojima, the based one.
The Witcher 2 brought PCs to their knees on max settings, I expected it with The Witcher 3. I'm sure turning down settings can get people to 60 FPS. There will be a couple of settings that will be big performance hogs like shadows and lighting, especially in an open world game that's as big as CD Projekt promises.
Max settings for The Witcher 2 also had the performance hog called Ubersampling applied. Without that, I ran the game fine, just the game ran hot on my cards.

The Witcher 2 brought PCs to their knees on max settings, I expected it with The Witcher 3. I'm sure turning down settings can get people to 60 FPS. There will be a couple of settings that will be big performance hogs like shadows and lighting, especially in an open world game that's as big as CD Projekt promises.
And maybe once they're done with that and finally get around to making Cyberpunk 2077 I'll finally upgrade my PC to run their games at higher settings.

Speaking of which, loaded up Witcher 2 for the first time, game runs pretty damn smooth just going by the medium graphics presets (my PC was made with parts that were considered mid-end in 2010). At least I know it runs and looks well regardless.

Gonna be setting that game and a few others aside for spring break, though. Just give myself a whole week of no school to play through some of these big games.

Zenfalcia

My username means nothing and has no lore behind it.
My username is dumb.
This is amazing.

There's no way that's low settings.

The dumbest.

Well, it is recommended. They could recommend the highest settings just cause. If those were minimum that would be a different story.

Top Bottom