• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

mike0dude

vZlQpV.gif

Skrams

I'm not sure if I ever wanted to embrace the full off topicness of these threads, but I'll bring this up anyway. Dessert is kind of useless to me. In a way I find most food useless though. If it doesn't fill me up or subside my hunger for the time being then it was kind of worthless. Obviously the food tastes good, but that doesn't make up for the food guilt in my head that I have. I don't need this piece of apple pie because who cares it's so and so calories and it won't make me full so whatever. I'll eat apple pie at special occasions, but would never go out of my way to prepare it myself or buy it for no reason. Also, I bought raisins a few weeks ago then immediately regretted it because they're useless to me. I'll eat a handful everyday and that's all they're there for. Then the box is finished and I didn't ever need them in the first place. Food's kind of dumb. This might be a crazy Pat opinion, but I don't feel rational enough about it to know if it is or not.

Zenfalcia

Just like in all those NTR Mario comics Pat reads.

Wait.. who is involved tho?
Toad and Luigi tag team?
So good. Time to download it as a backup.

Yep, the best.
I'm not sure if I ever wanted to embrace the full off topicness of these threads, but I'll bring this up anyway. Dessert is kind of useless to me. In a way I find most food useless though. If it doesn't fill me up or subside my hunger for the time being then it was kind of worthless. Obviously the food tastes good, but that doesn't make up for the food guilt in my head that I have. I don't need this piece of apple pie because who cares it's so and so calories and it won't make me full so whatever. I'll eat apple pie at special occasions, but would never go out of my way to prepare it myself or buy it for no reason. Also, I bought raisins a few weeks ago then immediately regretted it because they're useless to me. I'll eat a handful everyday and that's all they're there for. Then the box is finished and I didn't ever need them in the first place. Food's kind of dumb. This might be a crazy Pat opinion, but I don't feel rational enough about it to know if it is or not.

Different views on food, that's all. For some it's just sustenance and others like to enjoy it.

Food as fuel is a fine attitude, as long as you don't starve yourself. I shared it while I was dieting and felt pretty strongly about it.

Eating for pleasure is pretty common nowadays, is all. We got money to spend and people are bored, so it's just embracing pleasure.

Depending on how you eat it, you can incorporate sweets and shit just fine into your diet. They're a good source of sugar if you need sugar for the day.

Archgan

I used to care about food, but I realized it doesn't really matter how something tastes, and that there is no real reason to have dessert/snacks. I feel like the only reason I started eating dessert was you were "supposed to." It never really adds anything besides 5 minutes of tasty food.

Edit: I'm going to bed. Night.

I used to care about food, but I realized it doesn't really matter how something tastes, and that there is no real reason to have dessert/snacks. I feel like the only reason I started eating dessert was you were "supposed to." It never really adds anything besides 5 minutes of tasty food.

Dessert is basically just one time DLC

Zenfalcia

Pat knows what he likes
Bowser and Bowser jr for the bestiality/monster and incest angles as well. All while Birdo watches

Pat knows what's up.

I'd liken it to jerking off really, only it costs money and makes you fat. Though you can do it in public with your friends.

Man, I feel like I'm gonna regret pressing "Submit Reply".

Nah, it's fine.

OH MY GOD. Nooo!

Its too late. Enjoy the new lore! Its already being written in as we speak.

Nope, fuck dat!

The next JRPG I'll play is either Kingdom Heart II.5 or Tales of Zestiria.

I need to get better at shilling like Shill lord Pat.

;~; I want demons to come back to Persona...

Don't tell Persona 3/4 fans that. When I mentioned demons coming back instead of having shadows they all told me to fuck off because demons are only in SMT games.

How can they come back when they're not gone?
I'm not sure of the lore, but I at least want them to replace regular shadows like the old games... P2 minor spoilers:
One of my persona got called out at the start of a fight and started talking smack at the demon and they both got berserked.
I need more of this.

I'm not sure of the lore, but I at least want them to replace regular shadows like the old games... P2 minor spoilers:
One of my persona got called out at the start of a fight and started talking smack at the demon and they both got berserked.
I need more of this.

You don't need to replace shadows with demons for that to happen. Also, this is just me, I don't want demons to replace shadows. We already have demons as personas. Having shadows enemies gives more variety. Not to mention that the shadow designs are cool.

Skrams

Different views on food, that's all. For some it's just sustenance and others like to enjoy it.

Food as fuel is a fine attitude, as long as you don't starve yourself. I shared it while I was dieting and felt pretty strongly about it.

Eating for pleasure is pretty common nowadays, is all. We got money to spend and people are bored, so it's just embracing pleasure.

Depending on how you eat it, you can incorporate sweets and shit just fine into your diet. They're a good source of sugar if you need sugar for the day.

I enjoy the taste of food, but never enough to really put time into savoring it or anything. The most I'd do is try to eat whatever is on my plate equally so I don't waste one part. Eating all of the burger then having a bunch of fries left over or some other example. Lately, I've just mostly ate one big meal a day since I don't feel like eating a bunch of smaller meals. I've always been use to the feeling of my stomach being slightly expanded after a meal most of my life. If I don't have that then it'd feel a bit weird. Mostly though, I just kind of want to eat something passable as food that tastes alright while also filling me up. It probably is just a food as fuel thing going on.

I've never had dessert as a main part of my meals while growing up, so I never kind of felt it as necessary. I always just saw it as a thing for birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and other dumb holidays. I understand it's still one of those things where you eat dinner then have a little piece of cake and coffee, but I just never cared. I eat because my stomach hurts and it'll make the hunger pains go away. It's kind of like sleep in that if I could I might throw it away if given the chance.

Top Bottom