• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Neol

But The Boss is the best. Also kind of unfair to judge on characters considering we're still barely into part 5 with the actual proper translation. The old group flat out made up dialogue.

Even without a proper translation,
you can already tell how meh Giorno is as a character in general and part of that is due to Araki's inability to do much with him as his stand was OP as fuck from the very start. Also the main villain is alright but he's introduced pretty later into the story but I do like the whole dual personality aspect.

Lucky you.. USA gets all the free shipping. I'm not jelly at all.
;_;

No Amazon prime? Or was it one of those things where our shipping sucks ass and would arrive one week after release? Every Atlus game I have tried to pre order from Amazon has been like that so far.

Zenfalcia

I'm gonna go play video games. I need to get this denko filth off me

It's not that bad. Denko is a strong independant woman who doesn't need no man.
No Amazon prime? Or was it one of those things where our shipping sucks ass and would arrive one week after release? Every Atlus game I have tried to pre order from Amazon has been like that so far.

luckily i still had some time on my free trial, but i'm complaining in general.

Speaking of shipping,

Luigi x Lucina should be a thing. And Captain Falcon is in love with Lucina and wants to split them up
ZjLTlV2.png

Squishy3

Even without a proper translation,
you can already tell how meh Giorno is as a character in general and part of that is due to Araki's inability to do much with him as his stand was OP as fuck from the very start. Also the main villain is alright but he's introduced pretty later into the story but I do like the whole dual personality aspect.
I mean, he didn't introduce an overarching villain early since part 3.

jojo spoilers for part 4 onwards to part 8
Kira isn't introduced until well into part 4, at least part 5 you know there's a top bad guy from the beginning and the whole point is nobody knows who he is. Part 6 is probably the earliest one has been introduced since part 3. Part 7 Valentine is introduced early on but doesn't reach true villain status until he tries to rape Lucy, he's a nothing character who wants to collect the corpse parts because reasons. Part 8... well, who knows what the fuck is going on in part 8. There's these crustacean people and stuff?

I like that song. I didn't know it was the ending for this season Jojo.

Are the rest of the endings Western songs? I know about Roundabout.
Roundabout, Walk like an Egyptian, and Last Train Home.

Araki, the manga author, loves western music. Every stand in part 4 onwards is named after western music.

Zenfalcia

That's radical. I knew that Araki was a music nut, but I didn't think they were going to keep getting Western songs as the endings.

Things that weren't mentioned are that some characters are named after someone, something, or a band in Part 1 and later. Like Dio or Speedwagon

Neol

I mean, he didn't introduce an overarching villain early since part 3.

jojo spoilers for part 4 onwards to part 8
Kira isn't introduced until well into part 4, at least part 5 you know there's a top bad guy from the beginning and the whole point is nobody knows who he is. Part 6 is probably the earliest one has been introduced since part 3. Part 7 Valentine is introduced early on but doesn't reach true villain status until he tries to rape Lucy, he's a nothing character who wants to collect the corpse parts because reasons. Part 8... well, who knows what the fuck is going on in part 8. There's these crustacean people and stuff?

I think the main problem for me is that
compared to the other parts, Diavolo didn't really do much in the time he was shown other then fight and show off his stand and he wasn't given that much development to do so as well. Kira is well developed as the serial killer and his times shown were exciting, Pucci did a lot of stuff as you said, and I agree Valentine being a nothing character but we get to see somewhat his motivations. If there were more moments like Bruno vs. Diavolo he would be way up there but it would be impossible as his stand is setup in a way that every encounter would be easy kills for him.

For comparison even though I love part 3 Dio due to his stand and aura around him, he is a pretty shitty main villain in a sense that he's just a final boss waiting.

I love the Canadian film rating board. The other two Berserk Blu Rays came in today and there is an Explicit Content 18+ warning, a Different 18+ sticker and a TVMA rating on the front of the case. On the back of the box there is the standard warning detailing about the graphic violence sex and nudity in the film, again saying 18+.
After all that is said and done though, The only Canadian Rating on the box is a hastily pressed on off tilitered sticker with an 14+ rating from the Canadian Home Video Rating board

I love the Canadian film rating board. The other two Berserk Blu Rays came in today and there is an Explicit Content 18+ warning, a Different 18+ sticker and a TVMA rating on the front of the case. On the back of the box there is the standard warning detailing about the graphic violence sex and nudity in the film, again saying 18+.
After all that is said and done though, there is a 14+ rating from the CHVR board
Gotta make sure no shit kids see it.

After all that is said and done though, there is a 14+ rating from the CHVR board
That third movie probably shouldn't be watched by anyone under 18.

Gotta make sure no shit kids see it.

No they are saying the opposite, all the other ratings must be from the American release. The only Canadian rating is literally a off tilter sticker, hastily pressed on it. This movie while tonned down from the manga has hardcore graphic dismemberment and rape in it

Top Bottom