• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

come one guys, Star Ocean 4 isn't just nappy time....
I know it is awful but I still like it
Sorry to interrupt talking about FNF, but there's something that I want talk about. There's nothing wrong with a guy liking pink, right? I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The reason I ask is because my dad acts like it's so fucking weird that I like pink, and always has to give me some shit when I get something that is pink, even things like construction paper and earbuds.

of course not

Sorry to interrupt talking about FNF, but there's something that I want talk about. There's nothing wrong with a guy liking pink, right? I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The reason I ask is because my dad acts like it's so fucking weird that I like pink, and always has to give me some shit when I get something that is pink, even things like construction paper and earbuds.

360pages

I cannot stand the way type moon shit looks.

To be fair, that is because the spin offs/ other series refuse to use his updated art. The artist got a hell of a lot better from when he first started.

He went from this

th

To this

th

But they decide to keep his original designs in adaptations to keep it authentic.

Hell the reason why so many characters wore skirts in Tsukihime because the artist couldn't draw stockings.

Xiraiya

Like the outdated art or what don't you like?

All of it looks like the most fan made shit ever, like I don't actually believe you that Type-moon isn't just a bunch of anime fans ripping off some old garbage even though Fate Zero and FSN are goddamn amazing to watch in their animation quality.

That's how I feel when I see Type-moon art, it all looks like it's from one series, or fan versions of an existing series.

I had been using pink earbuds for a few months, and then I got another pink pair coincidentally. I wore them out and didn't give a fuck, no one said anything.

Fun fact: Pink used to be for boys and blue for women, then it changed because reasons

Zenfalcia

It's fine.
To be fair, that is because the spin offs/ other series refuse to use his updated art. The artist got a hell of a lot better from when he first started.

He went from this

th

To this

th

But they decide to keep his original designs in adaptations to keep it authentic.

Hell the reason why so many characters wore skirts in Tsukihime because the artist couldn't draw stockings.

#TheMoreYouKnow.

That's cool.

come one guys, Star Ocean 4 isn't just nappy time....
I know it is awful but I still like it
Only thing Tri Ace should ever do is make gameplay systems for RPGs and let someone else handle the story and characters.

Because as atrocious as that shit was, playing the game was actually fine. Though my soul still died a bit after finishing it and never wanted to touch it again.

croten

All of it looks like the most fan made shit ever, like I don't actually believe you that Type-moon isn't just a bunch of anime fans ripping off some old garbage even though Fate Zero and FSN are goddamn amazing to watch in their animation quality.

That's how I feel when I see Type-moon art, it all looks like it's from one series, or fan versions of an existing series.

Type Moon didn't do the anime which is probably why it's much better art wise

Zenfalcia

I agree old type-moon art is autrocious, and the newer stuff looks amazing.

It does look samey, since the same artist worked on all of them. I assume you're talking about the older art?

I have multiple pink shirts. I love the color pink, it's one of my favorite colors. Fuck gender specific bullshit. People who say guys can't like pink are the same ones that say they can't like magical girls. AND SAILOR MOON IS AWESOME! Fuck that shit, like what you like.

Beloved

It's a goddamn color, it has no meaning whatsoever and only closed minded Neanderthals think twice when a guy has something pink.

In fact most colors that are now considered "feminine", were once considered masculine or symbolizing power (ie.purple designated royalty, pink was worn by boys in 19th century England) etc.

Blue was considered a female color in more of recorded history than pink. Drop some knowledge on his ass.

Xiraiya

Type Moon didn't do the anime which is probably why it's much better art wise

No but the style is still there, it's just less offensive on the eyes because they hid most of the issues by animating it really well and making it all clear and nice looking in HD.

It's fine.
That's what I thought, and most people I talked to agreed with me. The only person who gives me shit is my dear old dad, who thinks it makes me "girly", and thinks that I should learn to "man up", as he puts it. As if me liking a certain color means that I need to "man up".

Only thing Tri Ace should ever do is make gameplay systems for RPGs and let someone else handle the story and characters.

Because as atrocious as that shit was, playing the game was actually fine. Though my soul still died a bit after finishing it and never wanted to touch it again.

I liked the game play so much that once I finished it I immediately started it up and finished it again.

No Ragrets

It's a goddamn color, it has no meaning whatsoever and only closed minded Neanderthals think twice when a guy has something pink.

In fact most colors that are now considered "feminine", were once considered masculine or symbolizing power (ie.purple designated royalty, pink was worn by boys in 19th century England) etc.

Blue was considered a female color in more of recorded history than pink. Drop some knowledge on his ass.
Trust me, i've tried. The only answer I get if I prove him wrong is a dismissive whatever.

Zenfalcia

That's what I thought, and most people I talked to agreed with me. The only person who gives me shit is my dear old dad, who thinks it makes me "girly", and thinks that I should learn to "man up", as he puts it. As if me liking a certain color means that I need to "man up".

It's an "old fashioned" way of thinking, so I can see where he's coming from.

Beloved

Trust me, i've tried. The only answer I get if I prove him wrong is a dismissive whatever.

There's not point in trying to his mind because people like that wont listen to logic. However, try your best to not take what he says to heart because he's an ass and his opinions are irrelevant. Just do you, man.

Ah, there's nothing like the feeling of vaporub burning your nose.

The idea that certain colors should only be liked by one gender is ridiculous.

There's not point in trying to his mind because people like that wont listen to logic. However, try your best to not take what he says to heart because he's an ass and his opinions are irrelevant. Just do you, man.
That's what I plan on doing. I've learned to tune out his stupid bullshit and ignore him.

Honestly he sounds like the type who actively refuses to listen to anyone else.
That perfectly describes him. Even when he is objectively wrong about something, like how to spell a word or how he thinks all asians are the same, he insists he's right or just dismisses you.

Top Bottom