• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

2 is a much better game in every way that suffers from it being a sequel and the idea not being as fresh and the final sequence being a rancid pile of shit that nearly ruins the game, especially after the amazing shit with Henry at the end of part 1.
I gotta disagree. While 2 is a better game, I like 1 way more cause the bosses just felt like they had more personality than most in 2.

2 is a much better game in every way that suffers from it being a sequel and the idea not being as fresh and the final sequence being a rancid pile of shit that nearly ruins the game, especially after the amazing shit with Henry at the end of part 1.
*Takes a drink....spits it out*

2 felt so soulless to me. Like I really didn't care about what was going on. The boss fights were fine but 1 established them a lot better. The minigames were a lot better in the sequel but having no over world (no matter how bland it was in 1) just felt lazy and uninspired.

I gotta disagree. While 2 is a better game, I like 1 way more cause the bosses just felt like they had more personality than most in 2.
ThatManKnow.gif

360pages

Everyone keeps telling me that Number 1 is the better game overall. Though I have to wait until the later portions of it to see if the boss fights measure up. Because so far, Part 2 has the better bosses.

grimmiq

Hmm can you not dodge out of combos in DMC4? Having a little trouble adjusting, playing on Devil Hunter, while it's not all that difficult, I keep getting caught mid-combo. The last character action game I played was Revengeance and Nero's movement feels so sluggish in comparison.

sjay1994

But Labrys is super cute and that accent is just as cute.

Also I got Day 1 shipping on Majora's Mask 3D on Amazon!

Only one person can pull of a brooklyn accent in an anime/thing.

724841-joeywheeler.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Yeah, I have to join in on the disagreeing. NMH2 felt so lifeless to me. There were of course really cool scenes here and there, and some of the boss fights are awesome, but on the whole I just really like NMH1 far more.

demidar

Hmm can you not dodge out of combos in DMC4? Having a little trouble adjusting, playing on Devil Hunter, while it's not all that difficult, I keep getting caught mid-combo. The last character action game I played was Revengeance and Nero's movement feels so sluggish in comparison.

No. DMC4 is much more technical than Bayonetta and Revengeance (in those games you can generally cancel out of anything with a dodge). When you attack in DMC4 you are committing and you can't do anything else until ~80% of the animation finishes.

Ground combo>lift>air combo>devil bringer>devil buster>helm splitter

You can start it with a stinger equivalent as well and pull them back with a devil bringer then do the above. You're welcome. Make sure to change targets and move around as well. You need to stagger them so they don't touch you

Nero doesn't have a "dodge'. Your best defensive move is a jump. A roll is good, and later you get a double jump and a move that does a quick hop back and then charges forward.

Also good spacing helps, and juggling. Edit: refer to Joose

demidar

Nero doesn't have a "dodge'. Your best defensive move is a jump. A roll is good, and later you get a double jump and a move that does a quick hop back and then charges forward.

Table Hopper is a dodge. Sorta.

grimmiq

By dodge I just mean the target lock+left/right+jump, I guess I'm being too aggressive.

I've only just started so picked up the 1st devil bringer range upgrade and Streak, first boss went down fairly easy.

Guessing ignore consumables and just spend my red orbs on max health upgrades as per usual?

By dodge I just mean the target lock+left/right+jump, I guess I'm being too aggressive.

I've only just started so picked up the 1st devil bringer range upgrade and Streak, first boss went down fairly easy.

Guessing ignore consumables and just spend my red orbs on max health upgrades as per usual?

Yes ignore items they do not exist. Only blue and purples
Alright, I need to try to sleep. I'll see you guys later.

Later Einstein

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I have both SK Burst on 3DS and SKSV on Vita. Enjoy both, but haven't yet finished either. After a while they get kinda repetitive/dull. And I don't understand it, because I love Musou games and can play those for hundreds of hours. But SK just gets really dull for me after a while.

Note you can get refund on your proud souls anytime and reassign them.

This is something I both really want to do and never want to do at the same time.
Ok well just remember it's happening at Maeda's GUMMY's house if you change your mind
I'm so hype. I'm still deciding between a N3DS and a PS4 for my birthday. On one hand, Monster Hunter and Majora's but on the other, P5, SK and Brad Bone, but then back on the other hand Monster Hunter.

I'll bring the makeuuuuup!
Tokiden is coming to PS4, maybe it will be great

Top Bottom