• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 12: 12 Threads in and It's Still the tutorial

Speaking of Boxing... you guys here about our new Heavyweight champion? Wilder, this guy has 35-0 record, all kos. The first american heavyweight champion in 7 years... I don't follow boxing, but I'm seriously wondering why I never heard of this dude before.
He makes Takamura and Ippo look like Aoki and Kimura!

You don't hear about him, because Heavyweight boxing no longer is the apex of talent in the sport.

He's pretty good though.

sjay1994

Going to get dinner

114.gif

Speaking of Boxing... you guys here about our new Heavyweight champion? Wilder, this guy has 35-0 record, all kos. The first american heavyweight champion in 7 years... I don't follow boxing, but I'm seriously wondering why I never heard of this dude before.

One of the few '90's animes' I didn't get into. All I could think was why do all these girls love this boring lame ass? Young Romars didn't get harems. Old Romars gets em, and still thinks they're lame.

For my young mind, Sailor Moon had better girls.

I loved the fuck out of that game

One could say a prison school

Oh, you.
Watch it be even more light hearted than P4

Nah, it won't be as dark as P2, but it's not going to be as light hearted as P4. Persona games have a certain theme that's attributed to their color. P2 was red, so it was dark. P3 was blue, so it was melancholy. P4 was yellow, so it was light hearted. P5 is red so it's probably going to be dark.
Either that or Atlus will do whatever the fuck they want.

To PG and UT,
holy shit fucking Philemon is in some shit. I'm guessing Nyarlathotep is beating his ass or something. Hurry up and charge DS4
Persona 5 better be super grim dark and take place in a college prison.
lol

By the way, does the heartbeat rumble work?
If it's just as dark as the 2s, I'd be really happy. If it's 3 dark, that's okay. More dark though,
MORE EDGY

Sadly no, for some reason it doesn't do it even though I enabled it. Not sure what to do.
Ya know, I don't think that we need a new Persona game that has adults. I'm not sure if can beat this one.

No that was for the remake. They probably have that in the EP PSP remake. I mean the cutscene where they first combine their power and do a fusion spell for the first time.
Kids being mature is always better, but adults being kinda dumb is good too. As long as they pull it off well I'll be happy. Also I remember what you mean now yeah, though I guess it could be explained by
her kinda remembering shit and Persona magic
pls no, I haven't even played it and I don't want that.

Oh, but the genuine Curse of Shounen Protagonist is not that easily dispelled

Do you remember all the times when protagonists acted like assholes, so that the girls would willingly leave for their own sake? It never works for long!

You can't show a shred of humanity for the entirety of your life.
I would be willing to make that sacrifice.

That is until a yandere comes to save me from that hell and kill all the other bitches. Then it's another problem, but fuck it I could manage.

One of the few '90's animes' I didn't get into. All I could think was why do all these girls love this boring lame ass? Young Romars didn't get harems. Old Romars gets em, and still thinks they're lame.
It was a harem series that had crazy sci fi shit on top of it. I actually like the whole universe (or multiverse in the series' case) of Tenchi Muyo.

If it's just as dark as the 2s, I'd be really happy. If it's 3 dark, that's okay. More dark though,
MORE EDGY

Sadly no, for some reason it doesn't do it even though I enabled it. Not sure what to do.

I really don't care if it's dark or light. Neither of those guarantee a good story and characters.

Also, sucks for you. That feature is pretty nifty.

Nordicus

What's interesting about Wilder is that before his championship match with Stiverne, he had a lot of naysayers because many of his 34 opponents were very weak, "taxi drivers", and he beat them by round 4 with unimpressive boxing technique. His "chin" was also never properly tested

People were genuinely impressed when not only did he stick to very strict outboxing and utilized his superior reach against Stiverne for whole 12 rounds, he ate some pretty heavy shots during the match and didn't go down.

The championship match was his first actual test of skill. Now he has 1 heavyweight championship while Wladimir Klitschko has the 3 others, with record 63-3

That's not possible, P4 was one step away from being a comedy jrpg.

You don't hear about him, because Heavyweight boxing no longer is the apex of talent in the sport.

He's pretty good though.

I know featherweights have been more popular for a long time, but you'd think someone with Wilder's record would have made some bigger waves before becoming World Champ.

For my young mind, Sailor Moon had better girls.

I loved the fuck out of that game

Game?

sjay1994

Oh, you.

Nah, it won't be as dark as P2, but it's not going to be as light hearted as P4. Persona games have a certain theme that's attributed to their color. P2 was red, so it was dark. P3 was blue, so it was melancholy. P4 was yellow, so it was light hearted. P5 is red so it's probably going to be dark.
Either that or Atlus will do whatever the fuck they want.

Back with a chicken sandwich and ice cream.

Also, if thats the case... can't wait for the black themed persona game.

That shit will probably be bleak.

To PG and UT,
holy shit fucking Philemon is in some shit. I'm guessing Nyarlathotep is beating his ass or something. Hurry up and charge DS4

MORE EDGY

Kids being mature is always better, but adults being kinda dumb is good too. As long as they pull it off well I'll be happy. Also I remember what you mean now yeah, though I guess it could be explained by
her kinda remembering shit and Persona magic
Wait till you get a game over screen.

I don't think you can get more edgier than the
Principal's office scene

Get the PS1 classic...
I first felt it before clocktower if that helps

I dunno... It might be the burnt out of Persona games, but the cast was really interesting... Not as much as IS tho.

What's interesting about Wilder is that before his championship match with Stiverne, he had a lot of naysayers because many of his 34 opponents were very weak, "taxi drivers", and he beat them by round 4 with unimpressive boxing technique. His "chin" was also never properly tested

People were genuinely impressed when not only did he stick to very strict outboxing and utilized his superior reach against Stiverne for whole 12 rounds, he ate some pretty heavy shots during the match and didn't go down.

The championship match was his first actual test of skill. Now he has 1 heavyweight championship while Wladimir Klitschko has the 3 others, with record 63-3

Damn, I might need to get into boxing for real... that sounds hype as fuck.

Romars, I meant anime

Tenchi himself was horrible. Beautiful space women want to fuck you. Enjoy it.

Harem animes are not for me

Tenchi was nothing, and the rest of the cast was awful. That said, my chief problem with most of them was they were always fawning over Mr. Nothing all the time and making fools of themselves.
Sailor Moon was decent. I was more a Gundam Wing guy back then though.

360pages

N is DIO?

Really?

Really?

Motherfucker makes Ferries Wheels look Menacing.

What makes Adventures interesting is that there are rarely 1-on-1 Most of them are team fights, where the trainers are legit trying to kill one another rather than just making their opponents pokemon KO

sjay1994

Motherfucker makes Ferries Wheels look Menacing.

What makes Adventures interesting is that there are rarely 1-on-1 Most of them are team fights, where the trainers are legit trying to kill one another rather than just making their opponents pokemon KO

N doesn't posses the charm of DIO

Of course! Everyone is Gummy.

Nah there's still hope.
No there isn't.
1. What?
:(

Call me when you beat: not understanding when a girl gives you a piece of paper with "I love you" written on it, or invites you to sleep in the same tent as her.
I got you beat. Was at this girls house, we're chilling in her living room, she goes to her room, comes back in JUST a shirt of mine I've left there before. We were looking at stuff so she comes back and I go on like she didn't change. She doesn't get mad but gives me the "I'm surprised you didn't try anything" comment an hour later.

Wait till you get a game over screen.

I don't think you can get more edgier than the
Principal's office scene

Get the PS1 classic...
I first felt it before clocktower if that helps

I dunno... It might be the burnt out of Persona games, but the cast was really interesting... Not as much as IS tho.
Oh boy yeah he got fucked up hard. That's when I heard the heartbeat but didn't feel anything so I was like "Well time to trouble shoot". I failed

Top Bottom