• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 14: Sacrifice your life for more posts in the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenfalcia

And that's why RE5 needs to be preserved. Because we will never see something like that again from a publisher

That's why we need another re5.
No it's not. I literally just beat it and the ending is so shit it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

But that gun play tho! All that time you spend actually shooting them, you know, the other half of the time you actually play the game and not watching the cut scenes.

That's why we need another re5.

But that gun play tho! All that time you spend actually shooting them, you know, the other half of the time you actually play the game and not watching the cut scenes.

The gunplay feels good, but it's extremely limited with a really low selection of weapons against maybe 5 total enemy types in the entire game, 4 of which are bullet sponges, that you fight in areas so small that you can physically see the mosnter closets enemies are running through.

Nordicus

Honestly, any game with any bit of meat to its gameplay, especially a 1st party console exclusive, would have had gaming news sites filled with gameplay showcase trailers long before release.

The writing was on the wall.

Edit: like, remember Shadow of Mordor? 3-hour streams of gameplay with the devs

The gunplay feels good, but it's extremely limited with a really low selection of weapons against maybe 5 total enemy types in the entire game, 4 of which are bullet sponges, that you fight in areas so small that you can physically see the mosnter closets enemies are running through.

Sounds like solid rental, maybe.

Zenfalcia

Those games are pretty bad with it, but it's not on the insane levels of RE5

RE5 2, this time with more racism

The best kind of racism is zombie racism. It's widely accepted!

How low are we talking about? You'd think they would've tried to at least make the areas bigger.

The best kind of racism is zombie racism. It's widely accepted!

How low are we talking about? You'd think they would've tried to at least make the areas bigger.

There's two rifles, two machine guns, two shotguns. That's what you'll be using 90% of the time. Then there's a machine pistol, a strong revolver, a regular pistol and a double shot revolver. You'll be using these nearly never. Then there's the grenade launcher, thermite gun and spark gun. You use the latter two at least once. I used the spark gun a second time later in the game. The grenade launcher I picked up off an enemy twice.

Zenfalcia

There's two rifles, two machine guns, two shotguns. That's what you'll be using 90% of the time. Then there's a machine pistol, a strong revolver, a regular pistol and a double shot revolver. You'll be using these nearly never. Then there's the grenade launcher, thermite gun and spark gun. You use the latter two at least once. I used the spark gun a second time later in the game. The grenade launcher I picked up off an enemy twice.

Is it because the latter pistols/revolvers are bad? Did you not use the thermite gun just out of impracticality? And how's the spark gun?

Is it because the latter pistols/revolvers are bad? Did you not use the thermite gun just out of impracticality? And how's the spark gun?

I literally didn't find a second thermite gun. Spark guns powerful against armored guys but takes so long to fire that I found it near worthless. The pistols and revolvers are fine, they're just not quite as good as primary weapons which have tons of ammo.

Fuck that gold egg was heavy.

Ok, lemme tell you a little secret, you only have to do certain quests: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MH4U:_Village_Quests

Anything marked Key Quest is required.

Please don't do any delivery quests.

I don't even know what I'm reading I'm just doing the level two quests with the note thing next to them.

Punch the boulder out of the way.

This is a Capcom game after all I should be able to.

Zenfalcia

I literally didn't find a second thermite gun. Spark guns powerful against armored guys but takes so long to fire that I found it near worthless. The pistols and revolvers are fine, they're just not quite as good as primary weapons which have tons of ammo.

So, the problem is that you didn't find any of the other guns? What an amazing game. That's a shame, you'd think they'd make them at least good for something.

Are the shotguns good?

Steel Egg

Goes to the blacksmith and sees it as an ingredient for armor.

Fuck off this game literally lies to you.

cIIoOLx.jpg

Git Gud though.

Ilvocare

Hey all, I finished making up my C+ biology exam and should be replacing it with an A. Also I played Mission 5 of DMC3 and figured out
the birds, Jester, and Agni and Rudra
surprisingly quickly. I especially heard terrifying things about the third thing.

That being said, I had a couple of Yellow Orbs on hand when fighting
A and R
in order to not do the frankly gigantic Mission 5 all over again. And now I find out Yellow Orbs count as item uses. So I'll be doing the entire mission again, but pure.

What's happening?

Jman014

Fuck. Shotgun quality can make or break shooters.

The quad barrel shotgun in Painkiller is awesome and even has a secondary fire that freezes enemies so you can blast them to pieces with the main firing mode. Also Nexuiz has a nice default shotgun with either a narrow shot firing mode or regular shotgun spread mode. One fires faster than the other.

The quad barrel shotgun in Painkiller is awesome and even has a secondary fire that freezes enemies so you can blast them to pieces with the main firing mode. Also Nexuiz has a nice default shotgun with either a narrow shot firing mode or regular shotgun spread mode.

That sounds rad. I actually really liked the quad shotgun in Shadow Warrior. It starts of double barrel then you upgrade it to 4. You then get a secondary which fires all 4 shells at once. It was rad.

Jman014

That sounds rad. I actually really liked the quad shotgun in Shadow Warrior. It starts of double barrel then you upgrade it to 4. You then get a secondary which fires all 4 shells at once. It was rad.

Shadow Warrior is also a nice fps. I really like using the sword in that game. The sword in KF2 seems rad as well.

Ilvocare

Oh is The Order the talk of the day? All I've received of it today is this thing which may or may not be 2slow for the times.
It probably is, I've been gone the whole day.

7Kf98oE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom